Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2013, 13:59   #811
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That front number plate is ghastly! Why could they not have placed it under the headlight like in the Bullets and Jawas/Yezdis?

This is so ghastly that its obvious they expect the riders to remove it the moment the RTO process is completed.

But what a glorious looking bike, and those lovely rainbow blued pipes!
Appears like the area below the headlight houses the ECU with heat sink, could be a reason to move the number plate above the headlight. Definitely looks ghastly though
DieselDestiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 15:46   #812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
That front number plate is ghastly! Why could they not have placed it under the headlight like in the Bullets and Jawas/Yezdis?

But what a glorious looking bike, and those lovely rainbow blued pipes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDestiny View Post
Appears like the area below the headlight houses the ECU with heat sink, could be a reason to move the number plate above the headlight. Definitely looks ghastly though
The NP on the test bike is really horrible and don't think its sustainable in th long run. The clamps have been fixed on the small nuts which is hoding instrument cluster in place. Anybody running with this setup really runs the risk of getting instrument clusted housing as well even in a minor mishap.

What is housed in the area below the headlight on the fork yoke is the RR Unit (Rectifier) and it needs coolong. ECU is under the seat right next to the battery.

Triumph and various Triumph part sites sell what is known as the RR Unit relocator kit - which enables to relocate the RR Unit to an area in front of the Oil Cooler - RR need air to cool it and the location in front of the engine ensures that it get enough cool air.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-rr-unit-relocator.jpg

Pic Courtesy - http://www.bellacorse.com/bce215.htm (cost Aprox USD 38 + courier/postage)

Then the bolts where the RR Unit is originally located can be used to fix the number plate (like Bullet etc). But the plate need to be as narrow as pssible - even then it hitting the from mudguard is a high possibilit when forks bottom out on hard breaking or on a pot-hole (a high probability in roads like in Bangalore currently).

Doc, you said it. No petrolhead worrth his or her salt, woud want to do something to hide "those lovely rainbow blued pipes!"

BesT Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 25th December 2013 at 15:58.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 16:08   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
What is housed in the area below the headlight on the fork yoke is the RR Unit (Rectifier) and it needs coolong. ECU is under the seat right next to the battery.

Triumph and various Triumph part sites sell what is known as the RR Unit relocator kit - which enables to relocate the RR Unit to an area in front of the Oil Cooler - RR need air to cool it and the location in front of the engine ensures that it get enough cool air.
Thanks for clarifying that it is the RR, Ram. And, yup, am not gonna hide those lovely rainbow blued pipes either......

Regards,
Sandeep

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Last edited by n_aditya : 2nd January 2014 at 17:57. Reason: quoted post shortened
DieselDestiny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 16:21   #814
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
Would have liked them to be heat shielded in today's day and age.
Dheeraj, no offence intended to you or anyone else in particular in my comment of the previous post, (I know you are a aredent card holding "petrolhead") and my reference was only to those of "arm chair verity".

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 25th December 2013 at 16:26.
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 17:01   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dheeraj, no offence intended to you or anyone else in particular in my comment of the previous post, (I know you are a aredent card holding "petrolhead") and my reference was only to those of "arm chair verity".

Best Regards & Ride safe

Ram
I echo Ram's sentiments Dheeraj. While I personally love blued pipes (on all my Bullets as well as on my Duke), I can see the allure of flawless chrome as well and appreciate the effort taken to keeping it gleaming that way for years.
ebonho is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2013, 20:26   #816
Distinguished - BHPian

Triumph has started taking booking for both Hyderabad and Banglore. Booking Amount is Rs. 1 Lakh and deliveries from Jan 3rd week onwards.

OTR for the Bonny is apparently 7 Lakhs. Break up expected soon.

What is the most ridiculous thing is there is no talk of any test rides and buyers are expected to just book without knowing how the bike rides?

I think Triumph has done a shoddy job of an early launch with no follow up preparations.
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 16:31   #817
Senior - BHPian

Some updates.

The Bangalore showroom is slated to be inaugurated by 11th Jan 2014 as per people associated with Adya Motors. The initial batch of Mechanics have completed their training (at Gurgaon ?).

The source still is not clear about, what bikes they are going to get initially as the Demo bike etc, but he said that there is likely to be a difinite waiting period for Bonnie (as the initial booking is rather robust in all centres/dealerships). They are expecting the demo bikes anytime now. Also reportedly all the homologation papers etc have been filed with the Karnatka DoT for all types planned to launch.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 31st December 2013, 12:35   #818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
OTR for the Bonny is apparently 7 Lakhs. Break up expected soon
Here is the break-up of Triumph Bonneville in Hyderabad

5.86 Lakhs Ex-Showroom ( Wasnt it supposed to be 5.7L)
14% Tax
30K Handling Charges
20K Insurance

Roughly OTR in Hyderabad will be 7.25 Lakhs

I was hoping it will be 6.5L OTR. It seems now a little out of budget.
Old 31st December 2013, 12:57   #819
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

14% Tax
30K Handling Charges
20K Insurance

Is the 14% Road tax or is it the ST. If so what is Road Tax ?

Insurance - Check with some goverment insurerance co as well - for me New India - insurance premium was about INR 12,000 fora value of INR 7 Lakhs.

Best Regards & Thanks

Ram
Old 31st December 2013, 13:56   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

5.7L is Delhi Ex-showroom price. VAT in Andhra is charged at ~14.5% and hence slight increase in price.
Quote:
14% Tax
I am not sure on this. IMO its around 9%.
Karnataka charges 12%+Cess on two wheelers costing >50K.
Quote:
30K Handling Charges
Seems to be daylight robbery. Even cars costing upwards of 10L have a handling charges of 10K.
Quote:
20K Insurance
Should cost you ~10K from companies like oriental/national insurance.

Last edited by djay99 : 31st December 2013 at 13:58.
Old 1st January 2014, 11:30   #821
BHPian

Quote:

14% Tax
30K Handling Charges
20K Insurance

mobike008,

I was just going through the AP transport website:

Road Tax is 9% for Bikes (For first Vehicle) and 14% for additional Vehicle.
30K handling charges are a surprise. What exactly are they doing extra to charge such a premium??

And Insurance is it Zero Depreciation policy? If so it is only marginally higher else it is daylight robbery
Old 1st January 2014, 15:46   #822
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is the 14% Road tax or is it the ST. If so what is Road Tax ? Insurance - Check with some goverment insurerance co as well - for me New India - insurance premium was about INR 12,000 fora value of INR 7 Lakhs.
I received these details from a friend and BHPian from Hyderabad who is booking the bike in Hyderabad. Apparently, he got these details via. email so a clarification is required on this break up when meeting the dealer in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
5.7L is Delhi Ex-showroom price. VAT in Andhra is charged at ~14.5% and hence slight increase in price.
This explains the 14.5% but, I was under the impression that ex-showroom to OTR is 14.5% which includes all taxes and insurance. But, this break up is bit confusing even for me.

Handling charges indeed are daylight robbery. Insurance is something iam sure everyone will get from outside unless Triumph has a mandate to take it from them

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Road Tax is 9% for Bikes (For first Vehicle) and 14% for additional Vehicle.30K handling charges are a surprise. What exactly are they doing extra to charge such a premium??

And Insurance is it Zero Depreciation policy? If so it is only marginally higher else it is daylight robbery
Yeah for most buyers it will be anyway a second bike for sure so the 14% will apply and other charges as mentioned above is still unclear. Only a person discussion with dealer will clarify the same as these details were received via. email from the dealer.
Old 2nd January 2014, 15:28   #823
BHPian

Apart from the things mentioned above, there would be other additions like "Road Side Assistance" upto 150 KMs - for a nominal charge. Basically, the indicative OTR price can be calculated by adding around 20% of the ex-showroom price to the same.

Also, the finance procedure has been initiated by the Triumph Finance team and I was contacted by HDFC representative for the required documents.
abarsenal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:05   #824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
I was contacted by HDFC representative for the required documents.
Is the insurance on the bike being offered by HDFC Ergo General Insurance Co. ? Or are you planning to go with some other insurers.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 2nd January 2014, 17:14   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
Also, the finance procedure has been initiated by the Triumph Finance team and I was contacted by HDFC representative for the required documents.
Have you booked the bike? which model? Please share more details

And is HDFC the sole financiers or one of their financiers? It's good to know this info as I can get the loan at a much lower interest from HDFC using an employee discount

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks