Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2014, 18:59   #826
BHPian

A couple of pics of my friends Triumph.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-image1215429294.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-image3540993848.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-image344629601.jpg  

duke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 19:08   #827
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarsenal View Post
Booked a Daytona today
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Have you booked the bike? which model? Please share more details
Hope that answeres part of your question. Other details will have to come from anarsenael.

I was told by a relaible source that HDFC has an all India arrangement with Triumph. If you are in the bank worth checking it further

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 21:59   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Here is the break-up of Triumph Bonneville in Hyderabad

5.86 Lakhs Ex-Showroom ( Wasnt it supposed to be 5.7L)
14% Tax
30K Handling Charges
20K Insurance

Roughly OTR in Hyderabad will be 7.25 Lakhs

I was hoping it will be 6.5L OTR. It seems now a little out of budget.
The above quoted is exactly what they have in their pricing sheet shown to customers who turn up at the Hyderabad showroom.

When i enquired on the 14% part , the reply i got is "I will get back to you on the breakup Sir, the management has provided us the format as shown to you". I was convinced that the Sales in-charge is still educating himself fully on the subject.........whilst the customer is made a Bakra from the hype.

When enquiring on the exorbitant handling charges the reply was "Sir, all import bikes including HD are charging the same " . Again, i wasn't content about his answer and questioned his grounds.

Ended the conversation on knowing who the owners of the showroom are and walked out without placing the order.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 2nd January 2014 at 22:02.
absynthguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 23:04   #829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Ended the conversation on knowing who the owners of the showroom are and walked out without placing the order.
Arun, so what do you plan to do? I mean you havent placed the order but, what are your next steps?

From your explanation, looks like OTR price will reduce much further than 7.25 Lakhs as they themselves are trying to figure out the exact break-up. There is no way they can charge 14% tax, handling and insurance etc

Also, they should have kept same "ex-showroom price" across India

I would be happy to pay 7 Lakhs if it includes a few accessories like the tank lock, custom exhaust and few other important add-ons

P.S: You need to post 407 such posts to reach 1000 posts

Last edited by mobike008 : 2nd January 2014 at 23:05.
Old 3rd January 2014, 07:35   #830
BANNED

Quote:

I would be happy to pay 7 Lakhs if it includes a few accessories like the tank lock, custom exhaust and few other important add-ons
I'm not sure if I should be suggesting you this for what I have known you through the forum, I held myself back a few times but felt like this is time that I should be penning down something -

Speaking about the MM here in comparison to the Bonnie -

1) You have 2/3 of the cubic capacity.
2) 2/3 of Nm
3) 40% of the horses.

For the differential that the Bonnie has to offer for 7L, I think, it makes no logical sense to me, reasons -

1) Seldom would you take the Bonnie to 150+.
2) The BIG thing going for the Bonnie is the parallel twin, but not at the price that Triumph is asking for.
3) Be it the MM or Bonnie, these to me are meant for cruising at 80-90 daylong. So I don't really think you should graduate at that price.

If you want something different from the MM, you could try these -

1) Kawasaki Z800, will be out soon.
2) Duke 690.

Basically after the MM, you would want the 2nd bike to be something that gives you that adrenaline push.

These are my thoughts, rest it's your will and desire.

Happy Motoring !!
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:38   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Firstly, I really appreciate your thoughts and more importantly your lovely attempt to drill some sense into me

Some of my thoughts below !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
1) You have 2/3 of the cubic capacity.
2) 2/3 of Nm 3) 40% of the horses.
Totally agree with your points here but, isn't that the same case for an HD as well? Infact, their base models (Sportster & Iron) boast of even lower power ratings than the Bonny but, people still buy, dont they? I feel it's because owning a brand and a legend negates your aforementioned points

Quote:
For the differential that the Bonnie has to offer for 7L, I think, it makes no logical sense to me, reasons -

1) Seldom would you take the Bonnie to 150+.
2) The BIG thing going for the Bonnie is the parallel twin, but not at the price that Triumph is asking for.
3) Be it the MM or Bonnie, these to me are meant for cruising at 80-90 daylong. So I don't really think you should graduate at that price.
Yet again agree with you here and thats exactly the reason for looking at this bike. I love to cruise ( albeit at a higher speeds with comfort) than reaching a top speed in a hurry ( I have done that already and grown out of that stage) which is what the Duke or Kwacker will offer

Quote:
1) Kawasaki Z800, will be out soon.
2) Duke 690.Basically after the MM, you would want the 2nd bike to be something that gives you that adrenaline push.
As mentioned above, Iam not into naked bikes and for me personally they dont offer any character or history like a BULL, Bonny or HD offers which will make someone like me lust after them

Having said all of that above, My decision to purchase the Bonny will soley rely on how I feel after riding it. It has to excite me like MM and Cruze did both of which were bought on the spur of the moment without much thought after just one ride
Old 3rd January 2014, 09:55   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel it's because owning a brand and a legend negates your aforementioned points
Very true. Add to that the exquisite quality that these brands bring to the table which are hard to be replicated by their counterparts. I would still advise you to consider the Superlow over the Bonny as I feel it has better infrastructure in place for India, is a bigger brand than Triumph, has a better knit Owners Group and activities and now time tested quality for Indian conditions and fuel. My bike cranks on first go even in near freezing temperatures here in Meerut. Never happened with either the Karizma or the Bullet 500 I had.

But overall the sublime pleasure of cranking either of these bikes every morning should be the same. Wishing you best of luck to choose wisely...
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 10:50   #833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As mentioned above, Iam not into naked bikes and for me personally they dont offer any character or history like a BULL, Bonny or HD offers which will make someone like me lust after them
All three of the bikes mentioned by you are nakeds incidentally. Just saying.

Two standards, and one cruiser - if you were to take the classification further.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:25   #834
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Speaking about the MM here in comparison to the Bonnie -

If you want something different from the MM, you could try these -

Basically after the MM, you would want the 2nd bike to be something that gives you that adrenaline push.

Happy Motoring !!
Quote:
It has to excite me like MM and Cruze did both of which were bought on the spur of the moment without much thought after just one ride
Sorry for being a little thick here but what is MM in the context of the above posts?

Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 12:40   #835
Senior - BHPian

Couple of posts earlier, there was a mention of Kawasaki Z800 coming to the market. In my take that is not going to impact the Bonnie/Sportster fan following much

However, if the W800 was to be introduced at the right price, by Bajaj, then it could be a real game changer

But then again a Bonnie is a Bonnie !!!

Have a look at the following

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 13:47   #836
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
All three of the bikes mentioned by you are nakeds incidentally. Two standards, and one cruiser - if you were to take the classification further.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sorry for being a little thick here but what is MM in the context of the above posts?
Your right. Iam sorry if my definition of naked is very different from yours or in general. I particularly dont like bikes like the Duke ( or like the newly launched Z1000 which has such an aggressive demeanour) which I feel are really naked and perfect for aggressive riding and moreover, their stance and seating position just doesnt suit me and this is after riding a Duke 200 for quite a few kms even though I found its performance impressive. Bottom line, those bikes aren't for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
However, if the W800 was to be introduced at the right price, by Bajaj, then it could be a real game changer
But then again a Bonnie is a Bonnie !!!
This is a nice video but, iam wondering why Australians are reviewing Bonny so much rather than typical Brits?

Going by the pace of Kawasaki launches in India, We shouldnt be surprised if the W800 hits our shores this year itself.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 15:34   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your right. Iam sorry if my definition of naked is very different from yours or in general. I particularly dont like bikes like the Duke ( or like the newly launched Z1000 which has such an aggressive demeanour) which I feel are really naked and perfect for aggressive riding and moreover, their stance and seating position just doesnt suit me and this is after riding a Duke 200 for quite a few kms even though I found its performance impressive. Bottom line, those bikes aren't for me
I understand what you mean, and there is a word for exactly the kind of bike you do not like.

Street Fighter.

Naked = Any bike without a fairing/a lot of additional plastic.

Standard = Bonnie, Bullet, Kawa Z800

Cruiser = Harley

All of the above are Nakeds.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:07   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This is a nice video but, iam wondering why Australians are reviewing Bonny so much rather than typical Brits?

Triumphs per say and Bonnies are a big favourites "down under" including NZ. So is Kawasaki W800. So MNC may have been carrying this in their OZ edition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post

Standard = Bonnie, Bullet, Kawa Z800

All of the above are Nakeds.
Doc, I think you meant W800 as Standard - as Z 800 is naked alright but has quiet a bit of plastics on by way of its "bikini fairing/deflectors etc.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2014, 16:12   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Doc, I think you meant W800 as Standard - as Z 800 is naked alright but has quiet a bit of plastics on by way of its "bikini fairing/deflectors etc.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Sorry bro, exactly right. W800 it was. Looks very yummy in cafe racer trim. Scrambler too. Very versatile bike. How does it compare to the Bonnie performance, specs wise? I did not know Kawasaki was planning on getting it here. Would take the Bonnie head on in that case, at least for the crowd that is going for the bike and not the badge.

P.S. I just learned that the Bullet, Bonneville and W800 fit into another smaller niche category all their own. A sub category of the Standards, which is a sub category of the Nakeds.

Retro Classics!

Last edited by ebonho : 3rd January 2014 at 16:20.
Old 3rd January 2014, 21:30   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Sorry for being a little thick here but what is MM in the context of the above posts? Thanks
please senior members let us know what MM is? I have been picking my brain since the last 2 pages and half an hour trying to figure out what MM is.
Akhilash95 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed