Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2014, 17:17   #871
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
What time are you planning to go and see the bikes. I am also interested in the Bonneville. May not pick it up right away though. And 50 bookings on the day of the launch. That is a pretty big number. Wonder how many of them are headed out of the City
I am planning to visit HD showroom and then visit Triumph showroom back to back to get an overall feel. I should be at Rebel Motors around 12ish

HD doesnt have a test ride bike as they sent all their 2013 bikes away and awaiting 2014 bikes which should come during 1st week of Feb

As per my brief chat with HD guy on phone, some changes to 2014 Superlow

1. Footpegs are going to be different in 2014 models
2. LED accesory has been changed to make it even better
3. Some minor changes to Exhuast

I think that's all i could recall from my chat with HD Sales guy
Old 23rd January 2014, 17:51   #872
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

As per the 2014 (Superlow) bike I saw a few days back at Capital Harley, I don't recall changes to the footpeg or LED. Their is no LED headlight in the stock bike. That is a paid option. Exhaust changes are unnoticeable but exhausts sounds meeker than before. Screaming Eagles is a must and even I am preparing for the same shortly after having my ears blasted at IBW.

What I noted was -
1. Revised hand controls which are definitely better than outgoing model with a trip reset meter and pass light added. Also the Speedometer and display fonts are changed, which personally I did not like than the outgoing model and a RPM and Gear Indicator line has been added in the display toggle.
2. New placement of rear brake fluid which I did not like.
3. Slightly revised brakes whose feedback is not good even though they are supposed to be better. Option to add ABS but it is nowhere in sight as of now.
4. Lower weight by a few kgs. Cost cutting perhaps.

Last edited by dkaile : 23rd January 2014 at 17:54.
Old 23rd January 2014, 18:26   #873
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to visit HD showroom and then visit Triumph showroom back to back to get an overall feel. I should be at Rebel Motors around 12ish

HD doesnt have a test ride bike as they sent all their 2013 bikes away and awaiting 2014 bikes which should come during 1st week of Feb

I think that's all i could recall from my chat with HD Sales guy
I would also want to visit both the stores back to back. I will pm you my number see if can coordinate and meet there.
Old 24th January 2014, 05:35   #874
BHPian

I wish the Bangalore guys would have been more innovative in naming the dealership, Keerthi fails to ring a bell, doesn't it !
Old 24th January 2014, 11:42   #875
BHPian

Attended the Triumph launch event here in Hyderabad. Frankly speaking, the excitement to see the bikes made the rest of the evening boring. The band performance felt like a torture and the marketing talk gibberish

Spent a lot of time checking out the Tiger 800XC in detail, and I was blown away! It felt like a perfectly tailored suit made for me!

The first 4 owners of Triumph motorcycles in AP were handed the keys, though not delivered there. That includes a Bonnie, Rocket (1st one in India) and a Thunderbird Storm.

The showroom had got 53 bookings even before its official launch, which is very impressive for a brand not as well known as say the HD.

The Bonnie reminded me of the RD350. Follows similar clean, simple design, very old school. I am sure the Bullet guys would feel at home too!
Motormania is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 11:51   #876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
The first 4 owners of Triumph motorcycles in AP were handed the keys, though not delivered there. That includes a Bonnie, Rocket (1st one in India) and a Thunderbird Storm.

The showroom had got 53 bookings even before its official launch, which is very impressive for a brand not as well known as say the HD.
A friend was mentioning the same. 1st Rocket ( most powerful bike on mother earth with a 2.3L engine) sold in Hyderabad

Woah! 53 Bookings on Day 1 is awesome !!

Have a feeling Triumph is here to stay. Just they need to make things happen fast and ensure their service levels are impeccable
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 12:03   #877
BHPian

Quote:
A friend was mentioning the same. 1st Rocket ( most powerful bike on mother earth with a 2.3L engine) sold in Hyderabad

Woah! 53 Bookings on Day 1 is awesome !!

Have a feeling Triumph is here to stay. Just they need to make things happen fast and ensure their service levels are impeccable
Those 53 bookings were made over a period of time since the appointment of the dealership, and not on the launch day. Still, that is very impressive. The biggest plus point of Triumph is they have a wide variety of motorcycles to chose from. It caters to almost all types of riders.

However, I was aghast at some of the "gossip" and "comments" made by not just the guests, but the dealership owners themselves!

How I wish the motorcycle industry be run by more enthusiasts and not just by corporates with deep pockets!
Old 24th January 2014, 14:36   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
I wish the Bangalore guys would have been more innovative in naming the dealership, Keerthi fails to ring a bell, doesn't it !
Keerthi is the name of the owners parent company - Keerthi Chemicals, if you look at the logo in the pricelist it has a round flask in it to depict chemicals.

Last edited by VellVector : 24th January 2014 at 14:37.
Old 26th January 2014, 11:35   #879
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of test riding an Harley Iron 883 & Triumph Bonneville

A short comparison report coming up as a new thread
Old 26th January 2014, 21:03   #880
BHPian

Here is the price list for Hyderabad. Please excuse the picture quality.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-price-list.jpg

I test drove the Bonnie, will share comments on the thread being started by mobike008.
Insearch is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 02:04   #881
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, went and checked out the Triumph Show Room in Bngalore. Nicely done up place and they already have quiet a lot of bikes in stock. Majority Bonnies and Bonney T 100s

Met the GM and the foreman. Nice guys and genuinely interested in building relations.

The foreman (I didn't get his name though) seem to be a knowledgible fellow, by the way he was doing the PDI and idle set up of a street triple.

I had gone there on my Bonnie - her first trip in to Bangalore Traffic - no issues at all in the stop and go traffic of 5.00 pm Saturday. The Bonney was became a point of interest in the Show room immediately - actually my bike is British speck and made in UK and in that it is in the T100 get up actually with a front 19" wheel and a rear 17", with wire wheels etc. It evoked a lot of questions from about 10 odd potential customers there.

Keerti had promised test rides yesterday to many - but as RTO did not give them the TC plates as promised they could allow the TRs yesterday and many were disappointed, including my good friend.

I am sure the Keerti areset up to be a serious dealer if they get proper support from Triumph as well

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 11:08   #882
BHPian

Ram,
nice to know your bonnie is out and about in the urban jungle.
Prasanna, is the service manager there. I have seen him work in KTM/Kawasaki and he is truly a good man on the job. Good luck to you and your bonnie in Bangalore!

cheers,
Kapil
Old 27th January 2014, 15:15   #883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I had gone there on my Bonnie - her first trip in to Bangalore Traffic - no issues at all in the stop and go traffic of 5.00 pm Saturday. The Bonney was became a point of interest in the Show room immediately - actually my bike is British speck and made in UK and in that it is in the T100 get up actually with a front 19" wheel and a rear 17", with wire wheels etc. It evoked a lot of questions from about 10 odd potential customers there.
Nice to know that Ram. There was something I wanted to run by you. After the test ride ( we were doing back to back test rides of the Bonny), I saw atleast 3 guys before me and 3 of our own group riding it within a span of 1 hour

The bike was becoming little warm. Is that normal? Also, the bend pipe was golden color. The bike had just 140kms on the odo so wondering the reason for the color change?

Please post a picture of yourself next to Bonny. Curious to see the owner with it's steed
Old 27th January 2014, 16:47   #884
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone have detailed Mumbai price list? I know the dealership is not formally launched yet but I do believe they're accepting bookings.
Old 29th January 2014, 13:45   #885
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
Ram,
nice to know your bonnie is out and about in the urban jungle.
Prasanna, is the service manager there. I have seen him work in KTM/Kawasaki and he is truly a good man on the job. Good luck to you and your bonnie in Bangalore!

cheers,
Kapil
Quote:
The bike was becoming little warm. Is that normal? Also, the bend pipe was golden color. The bike had just 140kms on the odo so wondering the reason for the color change?

Please post a picture of yourself next to Bonny. Curious to see the owner with it's steed
Kapil,

Thanks for letting me know the name of the Service Manager - Mr Prasanna. He seems to be avery hands on manager as he was lending his elbow at the workshop floor - unlike some you find in Indian Auto Dealers

Avinash,

Yes the bike becomes 'hot' specially is stop & go. But I don't think its a reason to worry - I have used it here in Dubai at stop & go traffic when the external temperatures were hovering around 50 deg centi. An also hard & long rides in that kind of temperatures.

The picture below is from one such ride - we had just stopped for a watre break after about 250 kms of hard ride with temps well over 45 deg centi. look at the pipe's colour.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-image0424a.jpg

The pipes - when the bike is new - they turn golden (beacuse of the Motorex 645 Clean and Protect fluide used to protect when being packed and stored for transport of parts or bikes) & rainbow hues before turning blue and then kind og get back to the steel colour. But eventually they will permenantly acquire the gunmetal blue shade - both at the top bend and bottom off-set.

By the way, I saw that the Silver that is on the Bonnies in India are with a "blueish hue" than a "steely hue" like on my bike. There was one bike in B'lore shop with the exact same combo but with "black engine"

Believe it or not, I don't have a picture of me with the bike or one the bike, till date and hence, can't oblige you on that count.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks