Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-7.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardy (Post 2635098)
Some pictures from the launch at Auto Expo 2012

Cheers,
Ardy

Ardy,
Appears that the speedmaster has been given a miss? Or any confirmations that it will be due for release at a later time?

Quote:

Originally Posted by indian21r (Post 2635251)
Lovely Pics Ardy. If the prices being mentioned are correct, they seem to be priced the same as in UK. Bonneville looks like a real good alternative to Harley now. Man now RE's are looking expensive

Absolutley Love the matt finish.

Thanks, Indian

I believe, the price on Bonneville is going to be price only for introduction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by downsouth (Post 2635253)
@Ardy,

Are you at the EXPO? :) Can you post pics of the Street Triple, if you have some would love to see it...once again thanks

Downsouth, Sorry mate, missed taking pictures of Street Triple and Daytona. Actually, my cousin was taking pictures and he was drooling over Rocket III :-)

I made a visit yesterday again, but there was mad crowd yesterday. Took almost 20 minutes to enter the hall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by e46 (Post 2635356)
awesome pics ardy.. times r good as i see.. but sorely missed the 675 daytona, how could you have missed it? :)

noob qn: does a 3 pot sound as good as an inline 4?

Abhishek

Abhishek: Thanks. The only bike that was started was Rocket III.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nandishpal (Post 2635366)
awesome clicks!!why the pictures of dayatona 675 are missed???my whole perception about triumph has changed asa i saw them in flesh,superb,i think its worth the wait :thumbs up

Trust me, Nandish. Its worth a wait for these bikes to come into the market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naveenroy (Post 2635396)
Lovely pics, Ardy!

Drool, drool. Looks like Triumph has priced it right too. Though not many people will be able to afford the bikes, there will be people who will give it a thought atleast. And like someone said, might become cheaper a few years down the line.

Now, only problem - will the usual niggles associated with our country (no offense) start creeping in? Service issues? Parts..

Quote:

Originally Posted by a2k24 (Post 2635450)
+1 for the missing Daytona pics. :( perhaps hes not into sport bikes.
or may be upload them later ?

I have some pictures from the Press Release CD. Let me post some from there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2636595)
Ardy,
Appears that the speedmaster has been given a miss? Or any confirmations that it will be due for release at a later time?

No confirmations on that front.

As per the announcement, Triumph intends to hold enough spare parts for these bikes and also provide accessories for the bikes including performance enhancement parts with a special mention of exhausts. So, expect plenty to do with the bikes.

The bikes are already priced keeping in mind the CKD route for some of them. So, don't expect the prices to go down further.

Cheers,

Ardy, Please post pictures from press release cd. IMO this thread without daytona's pics will be incomplete.

Till you upload pictures, click Triumph Motorcycle now in India! - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community to view triumph's line up for india.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardy (Post 2636626)

Downsouth, Sorry mate, missed taking pictures of Street Triple and Daytona. Actually, my cousin was taking pictures and he was drooling over Rocket III :-)

I made a visit yesterday again, but there was mad crowd yesterday. Took almost 20 minutes to enter the hall.

As per the announcement, Triumph intends to hold enough spare parts for these bikes and also provide accessories for the bikes including performance enhancement parts with a special mention of exhausts. So, expect plenty to do with the bikes.

Ardy,

Cant blame your cousin, neither the crowds. ;)

I just asked since the street triple was most practical model for India, baring the Bonneville, pricing and performance seem to be best. I just wanted to see if the street triple was different from the wacky headlamp setup.

BTW the UK website has a nice customisation UI for all Triumph bikes. Tons of accessories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2635772)
Check out sound of 3 Cylinder Daytona / Street Triple engine

In this video observe that the rider did 100KMPH in 1st gear and 150KMPH+ in 2nd gear. Still engine sound is smooth like makhan :thumbs up

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting video links as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by voodoochild

I'm a bit confused here. Aren't they already supposed to be coming as CKDs from Thailand or somewhere, to be assembled here? Or have they not yet set up the facility for that, bringing them in as CBUs for now?

From what I know their factory is in the stages of near completion, as Of this launch the bikes are being brought in via the CBU route

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshayasok (Post 2637415)
From what I know their factory is in the stages of near completion, as Of this launch the bikes are being brought in via the CBU route

Akshay,
Any idea where the factory is being setup? Out of curiosity.

Ardy,
Think triumph have missed a trick by not getting the speedmaster to India? It could have been a very good entry level cruiser to compete head on with HD & Hysoung.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2638469)
Ardy,
Think triumph have missed a trick by not getting the speedmaster to India? It could have been a very good entry level cruiser to compete head on with HD & Hysoung.

It could have been a good stuff from them. But, I guess they want to differentiate themselves from HD and hence more of street bikes than cruisers. May be when then expand their dealer network, then may look at more cruisers.

They seem to be quite ambitious with their India operations.

Cheers,
Ardy

Went to the Auto Expo yesterday, met and spoke with Mr Ashish Joshi (CEO Indian Operations Triumph).

I was hard to believe that all the while I spent at the Triumph stall, Mr Joshi was lending an ear to the on-lookers and paying a heed on their comments.

My findings -

1) The Bonnie - does not look HUGE, as I have stated it is more of a RE with an extra cylinder, the one on display had a Keihin carbs, which when I confirmed, was not the exact model coming to India, we'll have the FI versions. Pardon me, but it wasn't a head turner.

2) Street Triple - As Ajay has mentioned in his posts, this is the BIKE that one should go for, 105 BHP on a 675 is an achievement in itself and the pricing is a KILLER. Now, what I got from one of the Triumph India's employee was - there might be a further downward price revision on the Street, so guys hang on with the bucks. Sad they are not getting the RED on this one, they have the Purple, Black and White on the offering, the RED on the Speed looked absolutely SMASHING.

3) Fuel tank size on the Street and Speed has the same volume (17.5L) but it looks much bigger and better on the Speed.

4) Did not pay any heed on the Rocket - well beyond my means.

5.75L on the Street - Bring it on guys !!!!

The slated launch is June and deliveries would start a month later.

Happy Motoring !!

PS:
1) Triumph is offering 2 years unlimited mileage as standard warranty.
2) All models via CKD from Thailand - this was straight from the horses mouth - Mr Joshi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2642068)
Went to the Auto Expo yesterday, met and spoke with Mr Ashish Joshi (CEO Indian Operations Triumph).

Thank you for the info. I was wondering if you had a word with Mr. Ashish regarding the Daytona?. I am really keen on bringing it home as i find it the ideal capacity sports bike for the city as well as highway runs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 2642127)
Thank you for the info. I was wondering if you had a word with Mr. Ashish regarding the Daytona?. I am really keen on bringing it home as i find it the ideal capacity sports bike for the city as well as highway runs.

Not on the Daytona, Speedy, but what exactly are you looking on the Daytona?

675, 125 PS, Inline 3, same block as the Street, looks SMASHING in RED.

You'll forget R1, CBR's, Hayabusa's and stuff once you lay your eyes on the Daytona, pure race bred.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2642136)
Not on the Daytona, Speedy, but what exactly are you looking on the Daytona?

675, 125 PS, Inline 3, same block as the Street, looks SMASHING in RED.

You'll forget R1, CBR's, Hayabusa's and stuff once you lay your eyes on the Daytona, pure race bred.

The specs and looks i am aware off but since you mentioned Triumph was going to reduce prices for the other models in the near future does that apply for the Daytona as well?

R1 and the Busa not a big fan off. The Cbr 600 rr,1000rr and the GSX1000 i like, but again are too powerful for the city and the fun is lost. The Daytona looks wise and right amount of power for easy city rides as well as the open highway. I believe the gsx 1000 is a 170 ps machine. I'm not a bike person so pardon any mistakes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 2642155)
The specs and looks i am aware off but since you mentioned Triumph was going to reduce prices for the other models in the near future does that apply for the Daytona as well?

R1 and the Busa not a big fan off. The Cbr 600 rr,1000rr and the GSX1000 i like, but again are too powerful for the city and the fun is lost. The Daytona looks wise and right amount of power for easy city rides as well as the open highway. I believe the gsx 1000 is a 170 ps machine. I'm not a bike person so pardon any mistakes.

Nothing in specific to the Daytona, they might a year after the launch, but these are speculations and for a SBKing person the calls are impulsive, do you want to wait that long for a price drop?

See the Daytona in flesh and you'll land up buying it :D, it has the BEST LOOKING and the MOST BALANCED FAIRING when compared to any other SBK around.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2642068)
Now, what I got from one of the Triumph India's employee was - there might be a further downward price revision on the Street, so guys hang on with the bucks.

The slated launch is June and deliveries would start a month later.

Wow. A futher price cut on street triple will make it even more VFM :thumbs up
I am sure there will be no bike in india (for atleast a couple of years) which can offer what street triple does at 5.75 lacs.

Mr Joshi said they would be relying on local suppliers for spare parts in an interview with Kartikeya singhee from Autocar India. You may read the entire conversation in Jan-2012 edition of autocar india.

A challenge for triumph in india could be to keep regular maintenance cost and regular spare costs on a lower side as these are hell lot of expensive in UK and USA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 2642155)

A Daytona at 7 Lacs is an awesome deal and is really VFM IMO. Most of bhpians were speculating that daytona will come at 10+ lacs.
No other manufacturer is offering a bike closer to a daytona even at 9-10 Lacs. Probably we may have some competition to Daytona a couple of years later but you gonna rule till that time :Cheering:

Well if it was told to you by the Triumph people that the Bonneville standing was a carb version then frankly they are the biggest idiots. What you see there is a keihin Fuel injection system draped as a carb so that the timeless old look is maintained. That is not a carb. You can look at the pics and make out. There is an injector entering it from the back. It is visible.

This is when you put ignorant marketing staff at the front when there should have been atleast 1 engineer assigned to the stall.

Oh yes let me also clarify that since a couple of years or more the Bonneville does NOT have a carb version. All the versions the T100 and the SE or the Thruxton or the scrambler versions are all FI. and they all have the FI system draped as a carb.

I can't believe these guys are this stupid. Triumph really needs homework to do.