Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2014, 00:04   #1081
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Street triple review by Autocar India http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...ew-385056.aspx
djay99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 17:54   #1082
DipantS

Street Triple feels really good on open stretches but it's not all that easy to drive in bumper to bumper traffic, at least, I have found it bit difficult. The gearing on ST is bit long and I guess it may take some time getting used to. I am used to short gearing on our Indian bikes and quick up shift. Looks like that doesn’t work well with the higher capacity street bikes.

Visited Hyderabad dealer yesterday to check on the delivery date for my ST but did not get any confirmation. :(. Triumph is doing a really bad job with the delivery timing for models other than Bonneville. Not sure why they are in such a situation after five months and so claimed 350 bookings. Triumph is acting like a cinema theater waiting for the seats to fill in before they can start their show.

They have a red Daytona in stock. I was thinking of getting that bike instead, at least that will save me from this agonizing waiting period. The only issue with Daytona is, I tip toe a lot on it and don’t think will be able manage its weight if it gets unbalanced during stops and starts. Otherwise, it was always going to be a Daytona in my garage.

@Avi – They did mention your name for asking about delivery timings for my ST. Thanks for having a word and trying, I appreciate your help here.
  (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2014, 22:00   #1083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Avi, its the Scrambler that has a different firing order , Thruxton and Bonneville are both 360deg now . The earlier models had a compression difference. Most notable difference is the rear set foot-pegs and lower handlebars. This gives a completely different feel to the riding position.
Your right Arun. I dont know why I keep thinking its Thruxton that has a different firing order. So does it mean that Thrux rides exactly the same way? Perfromance I mean not erognomics?

Your too brave to try that handle bar. For me the stock handlebar is simply perfect and dont think i will ever change that
Old 10th May 2014, 23:15   #1084
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Street triple review by Autocar India http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-vid...ew-385056.aspx
Sums it up pretty well, one of the best bikes i have riden, downwards of 10L. Just the perfect balance, superb handling and that juicy engine. No wonder its the best selling model worldwide!

ps: The rider in the video A+ I am gonna have the sleepless night after this lol Let me see the video once more.

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th May 2014 at 22:25.
Old 11th May 2014, 01:27   #1085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Sums it up pretty well, one of the best bikes i have riden, downwards of 10L. Just the perfect balance, superb handling and that juicy engine. No wonder its the best selling model worldwide!

ps: The rider in the video A+ I am gonna have the sleepless night after this lol Let me see the video once more.
It looks smashing, rides beautifully well and is super light. Exhaust note is pure music IMO. Truly best bike this side of 10L.

Kartikeya singhi did a good job in highlighting true strength of this bike compared to a review article posted on autocarindia a week back.
Old 11th May 2014, 11:49   #1086
BHPian

Superb review, got my heart racing. Agree totally with the practicality of the bike, while being equally hooligan, when required. Definitely a Jekyll and Hyde character. Made my wait to get my hands on the bike even more unbearable :(
Old 12th May 2014, 12:35   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
@Avi – They did mention your name for asking about delivery timings for my ST. Thanks for having a word and trying, I appreciate your help here.
Your welcome. But, you never mentioned that you were waiting for a specific color and hence, the long delay

Iam given to understand they are trying their best to deliver by this month-end or early next month
Old 12th May 2014, 12:56   #1088
DipantS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Your welcome. But, you never mentioned that you were waiting for a specific color and hence, the long delay

Iam given to understand they are trying their best to deliver by this month-end or early next month
Thanks Avi. I have clearly given them my first preference as black. I wanted to have a look at blue if it becomes available as I have a soft corner for that color, very similar to my Fiesta 1.6S.

Old 14th May 2014, 19:06   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Guys, would any of you know anyone () in the Marketing department of Triumph. Can you please provide me with some details by PM? A phone number would be great but an email id would be nice to have.
Old 15th May 2014, 19:58   #1090
Team-BHP Support

Does anyone know if triumph is creating riding groups similar to what HD's HOG? What sort of owner groups or rides do they plan to organise?

If new owners or anyone else can throw some light on this it'd be useful.

Thanks
Old 15th May 2014, 20:03   #1091
BHPian

@Axe77: From what I had heard from the Triumph dealership in Delhi (yet to officially open) is that they would be organizing rides on Sundays however unlike HOGs it wouldn't be restricted to just Triumphs. Any bike could join them, I'm not sure if they'd actually practice this and whether they would have any minimum engine capacity restriction across bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 15th May 2014, 20:38   #1092
BHPian

Here in Bangalore, the Triumph dealer is in charge of the Facebook group for triumph owners, so yes, they do organise rides
Old 15th May 2014, 20:54   #1093
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitwanchoo View Post
@Axe77: From what I had heard from the Triumph dealership in Delhi (yet to officially open) is that they would be organizing rides on Sundays however unlike HOGs it wouldn't be restricted to just Triumphs. Any bike could join them, I'm not sure if they'd actually practice this and whether they would have any minimum engine capacity restriction across bikes.

That's really good to hear. I think it's even better if you allow cross brand bikes to participate and ride together. Pre-empts the whole "our bikes are the best and the rest is crap" culture.
Old 15th May 2014, 21:02   #1094
BHPian

Completely agree on that point of unnecessary arguments on my bike being better.

Multi brand bikes would also allow Triumph the opportunity of riders of other bikes to experience Triumph's and I'm sure people looking to upgrade would be a great target segment on those rides!

Old 16th May 2014, 14:34   #1095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Does anyone know if triumph is creating riding groups similar to what HD's HOG?
Quote:
@Axe77: From what I had heard from the Triumph dealership in Delhi (yet to officially open) is that they would be organizing rides on Sundays however unlike HOGs it wouldn't be restricted to just Triumphs.
Absolutely correct Ankit. Triumph Dealer Hyderabad has been the first dealership in India to have start organizing these rides from as long back as Feb-2014 onwards

I personally rode with Hyderabad Triumph Group atleast 4-5 times till date and have missed plenty of rides too as they ride ONLY on Sundays whereas I prefer riding on Saturday mornings ( which we do many times) with a few close friends

Best part, even Service Head, Sales guys & owner of dealership (not every ride though) other than owners of Triumph bikes join for this ride each time

Triumph Group is riding this Sunday and this time will carry a decent camera for pictures and not use my mobile camera and share some pictures on this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Here in Bangalore, the Triumph dealer is in charge of the Facebook group for triumph owners, so yes, they do organise rides
Even the Hyderabad Triumph Dealership has created a page on FB but, we interact more on "Triumph Hyderabad Whatsaspp Group" and this is where all rides are decided

Quote:
Multi brand bikes would also allow Triumph the opportunity of riders of other bikes to experience Triumph's and I'm sure people looking to upgrade would be a great target segment on those rides!
Absolutely right. Almost for every Triumph Ride, I have seen some other brand bikes joining us ( Friends of the dealerships, Friends of Riders etc)

Infact, I rode the Iron 883 (owned by the dealership's friend) during one such Triumph Ride. And, during such rides, I got the opportunity to ride a few different models from Triumph stable

I like this arrangement and love having other brand bikes join us as long as they are similar or higher capacity engines

Last edited by mobike008 : 16th May 2014 at 16:41. Reason: typos

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks