Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2014, 16:10   #1096
Senior - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Pre-empts the whole "our bikes are the best and the rest is crap" culture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitwanchoo View Post
Multi brand bikes would also allow Triumph the opportunity of riders of other bikes to experience Triumph's and I'm sure people looking to upgrade would be a great target segment on those rides!
Dear sirs,

This is not to fuel a HD vs triumph or any other brand debate. Me being a HOG office would like to clarify that the reason HOG's ride together is NOT to belittle any other brands.

Just that the Chapter rides comes along with support technician etc and all that is a part of the HOG membership.

If any individual has bragged that his/her Harley is the best and rest is crap, I would say Harley would not endorse that. Its an individual comment with or without any rationale behind it. ( I do not work for Harley, nor am I being compensated by Harley in anyway)

We have had other bikes ride with us too. (but not officially starting with the group)

This is only for clarification. Mods, please feel free to remove this post if it comes across as Off-topic.

Thanks,
Shubz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2014, 16:36   #1097
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Dear sirs,

This is not to fuel a HD vs triumph or any other brand debate. Me being a HOG office would like to clarify that the reason HOG's ride together is NOT to belittle any other brands.

Just that the Chapter rides comes along with support technician etc and all that is a part of the HOG membership.

If any individual has bragged that his/her Harley is the best and rest is crap, I would say Harley would not endorse that. Its an individual comment with or without any rationale behind it. ( I do not work for Harley, nor am I being compensated by Harley in anyway)

We have had other bikes ride with us too. (but not officially starting with the group)

This is only for clarification. Mods, please feel free to remove this post if it comes across as Off-topic.

Thanks,
Hey Shubz, That is correct and I completely understand your point. I know that HOGs are a paid membership with some back up support etc as well on their rides so obviously that limits rides to only the HD owners (and who are HOG members at that I assume). And that's perfectly understandable as well from a basic commercial perspective since they are providing back up vehicles and technicians etc. I'm also sure they don't per se endorse or intend to belittle any other brand.

Equally though (and without meaning to generalise), I hear of too many HD owners who seem to carry a chip on their shoulder of being HD riders - a feeling that HDs are superior to many or most other brands. And this I feel (just my perception) is more prevalent amongst HD owners than any other specific brand owners I know. For instance, I hear of sports bikes being referred to as "plastics" etc. Which is why I feel the more mixed the riding group the better.

For that matter, I also admit there is also some element of fun in being amongst completely amongst fellow owners. For instance, many 48 owners go for 48 only rides. RE owners may want to go for RE only rides - likewise in time with perhaps ST / Bonnie owners. But as a general proposition, the mixed groups concept has its own merit so you don't get overly obsessed with your own brand.

As an enthusiast biker, I would imagine that one should relate to and respect another biker for being a like minded biker - i.e. respect the "rider" instead of judging the "ride". For me, if someone loves riding and adventurous travel, then that's what I respect, regardless of whether he did so on a Busa, HD, Triumph, RE or Karizma for that matter.
Old 16th May 2014, 16:45   #1098
Senior - BHPian

I agree sir. And I would also say - To each their own! There are a lot ( A LOT ) of HD owners who think no end of themselves for being a HD owner.

Despite me owning the bike, (I own a Duke as well). I am considered both - Plastic and metal!

I ride with another close knit buddy group with Duke 200/390 a bullet, a cbr 250, a triump street triple along with a few HD's (on days when all these guys are available and ready to ride.

There is a lot of fun, they call HD's "Rust" etc and we call them plastics/scooters etc - BUT It's all very good natured banter as we know each other darn well. Nobody takes offense or get into "My daddy strongest" kind of argument. We ride together, We enjoy time together!

Never demeaning of other bikes or riders. Unless someone is riding like a fool. (stunting on public roads, riding with shorts and half T's, zig zagging between vehicles/bikes) etc.
Old 16th May 2014, 20:37   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Zigwheels.com tests street triple. Check out http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/18525/
Old 19th May 2014, 16:13   #1100
Team-BHP Support

Does the bonneville work with regular (Saada) petrol or does it require higher octane fuel? I read that the higher end bikes like the tiger sip the high octane stuff perhaps. I guess it's a matter of compression ratio right?
Old 19th May 2014, 16:20   #1101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Does the bonneville work with regular (Saada) petrol or does it require higher octane fuel?
I think this query came in several times in past and was also answered. Just to repeat again, Bonneville (even Harleys) does just fine with normal petrol

Have been filling up from every bunk in city/highway and works like a charm
Old 19th May 2014, 16:25   #1102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the bonneville work with regular (Saada) petrol or does it require higher octane fuel? I read that the higher end bikes like the tiger sip the high octane stuff perhaps. I guess it's a matter of compression ratio right?
All the Triumph models in India are reportedly mapped to work with 91 Ron/Octane up wards.

Tiger as you know is designated as an "explorer" category bike and logically designed to work with a range of different octane fuels (as one might find in non urban areas) and hence, please don't believe all of what you hear.

As per the India Govt policy all petrol sold in India is to be 92 Ron/Octane or above

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 19th May 2014, 17:04   #1103
Senior - BHPian

When i spoke to a triumph official from Hinckley, he said that Triumph sells its bikes in countries where fuel quality is worse than in India and those bikes never had any issue because of low quality fuel.

Triumph has not modified ECU map for India is what i got to know. So it is the original british version is what we have in india.
Old 19th May 2014, 18:13   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
When i spoke to a triumph official from Hinckley, he said that Triumph sells its bikes in countries where fuel quality is worse than in India and those bikes never had any issue because of low quality fuel.

Triumph has not modified ECU map for India is what i got to know. So it is the original british version is what we have in india.
Very correct

Perhaps I should have stated it different. I never meant to say that the bikes for India was mapped differently.

But they do map for the areas where the intended productions are going.

I don't know if you read my earlier post - my bike (intended for swedish market) had a mapping in it with 94 Ron. At the Bangalore dealers - at the last service it was given an input range from 91 Ron.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 19th May 2014, 18:26   #1105
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
You will not hear anything else officially from Triumph, because Indian import regulations states that bikes have to meet EU emission spec. That usually means 95RON.

But both Triumph and Harley are coming with 91RON spec mapping for Indian fuel.

Am I complaining? Nope. What the Govt. won't know wont hurt them. Even with 91RON maps, these bikes are way cleaner than any Govt. vehicle I have seen on the road.

And if helps Indian owners, why not?

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 19th May 2014, 22:26   #1106
Team-BHP Support

Thanks guys. The reason I rechecked was that on the triumph india facebook page, there were some pics recently of some corporate CEO fellow doing some elaborate sort of touring on his tiger xc in seemingly slightly remote parts. In the comments to the pics, there was some Q&A around how he might have managed to fuel up given the route map.

Just thought I'd ask again for that reason.

Thanks again for the responses.
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:23   #1107
BHPian

Just received a call from Triumph Chennai inviting me for test ride of street triple and Daytona. Chennai BHPians interested can contact them for a test ride or booking.
Old 23rd May 2014, 18:09   #1108
BHPian

Any idea where the Triumph Chennai Dealership is being set up ? I am very keen on the Street Triple
Old 24th May 2014, 21:50   #1109
BHPian

Has anyone ridden both the Daytona 675 and 675R - the latter comes with Öhlins suspension (NIX30) front and rear (TTX) which I read is top-spec kit available commercially for those who want to race ; Brembo monobloc front calliper , quick-shufter and a bit of carbon fibre piece - mudguard and fairing insert.

The standard 675 has Nissin calliper and Kayaba forks, no quick-shifter (optional). The price difference is 1.5 lac INR. Is the higher spec kit worth it from durability/safety perspective , given I'm too far from a race-track to do regular track days ?
Old 24th May 2014, 22:25   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
Has anyone ridden both the Daytona 675 and 675R - the latter comes with Öhlins suspension (NIX30) front and rear (TTX) which I read is top-spec kit available commercially for those who want to race ; Brembo monobloc front calliper , quick-shufter and a bit of carbon fibre piece - mudguard and fairing insert.

The standard 675 has Nissin calliper and Kayaba forks, no quick-shifter (optional). The price difference is 1.5 lac INR. Is the higher spec kit worth it from durability/safety perspective , given I'm too far from a race-track to do regular track days ?
I would say definitely 675R is the one go for if to be decided between the two.
But if we go by the last sentence of yours more appropriate option will be Z800 or street triple.

I believe Daytona is too pricey if you compare with the above 2.

I was also surprised to know that Z800 costs exactly the same as street triple even though former is a CBU. Triumph I feel now , has kept the prices too high to justify if u compare with kawasaki.
Also Z800 is available immediately while street triple takes 90 days.
Try this bike as well I suggest.
jaswant is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks