Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2014, 14:19   #1126
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Triumph came in late, but good work so far by Sumbly and his team.

http://www.motoroids.com/news/triump...-1200-2014-15/

Now the wait for the 1/4 litre bike.....

Haroon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2014, 19:08   #1127
Team-BHP Support

Has anyone experienced the Street Triple with Arrow exhausts? How's the sound? Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 08:23   #1128
BHPian

Sounds glorious, the bass is more and every burble is amplified. The blips on the down shifts sound great. And at higher rpms, the shrieking sounds like a race bike
Old 12th June 2014, 09:44   #1129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Sounds glorious, the bass is more and every burble is amplified. The blips on the down shifts sound great. And at higher rpms, the shrieking sounds like a race bike

Thanks hifisharu. That's good to hear. I found in my TD that for a reasonable city ride it can be very easy to remain even below 3000 rpm and the stock pipes are very whiny in that range. The throaty deeper growl comes much higher in the rev range. Does the arrow then presumably sound more inline 4 like in the sub 3000 band too? I.e. Deeper & bassier? Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 10:03   #1130
BHPian

It's a bit difficult to elucidate that, better you check out the bike in person. Also, from what I have experienced, there's an intake growl beyond 6000rpm, which makes the overall sound even better. The whine in the lower rpms is mainly the drive train, and for me, is quite enjoyable
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2014, 10:12   #1131
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
The whine in the lower rpms is mainly the drive train, and for me, is quite enjoyable
Infact most people just love the whine and there are some who buy the bike only for that whine. Gives a very pit lane kinda effect
Old 12th June 2014, 10:49   #1132
BHPian

Though there are tons of videos on the net, here's the one I took, with the stock exhaust
( Please use earphones, for better bass and clarity)

hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 13:40   #1133
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Finally got my white and blue Bonnie yesterday. Feeling great!! Now just looking for an excuse to ride.

Name:  ForumRunner_20140613_090904.png
Views: 1049
Size:  496.3 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140613_090826.png
Views: 1073
Size:  546.4 KB
argchoff is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 15:16   #1134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Finally got my white and blue Bonnie yesterday. Feeling great!! Now just looking for an excuse to ride
Congrats on your Bonneville. White and Blue looks fabulous and its unique color makes it stand out.

Also, not sure if you have noted, its color coating is also different and white color base if looked closely in sun has crystals that shine beautifully

How about sharing your initial experience with Bonnie?

Do you also plan to start your ownership thread on the forum?

Wish you plenty of smiles on Bonnie Miles
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2014, 17:00   #1135
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Thanks. I am intendin to start a thread soon. And yes there are fine crystals in the white. Contrary to my earlier belief of the bike being plain in looks, i have been asked about the bike at almost every traffic signal
Old 14th June 2014, 16:17   #1136
DipantS

Congratulation argchoff for your Bonneville. That's a lovely combination of blue and white, my personal favorite color scheme in Bonneville. Wish you great riding days ahead.
  (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2014, 10:30   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Finally got my white and blue Bonnie yesterday. Feeling great!! Now just looking for an excuse to ride.
Welcome to the group (of Bonney owners). Hope you would enjoy the bike as much as I have been.

Wishing you many many Happy Miles Ahead !!

Best Regards and Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 20:44   #1138
DipantS

Guys, anyone is having contact information for Triumph India sales head or some one responsible enough to deal with customer complaint efficiently?? I am now really sick and tired of lame excuses given by Hyderabad dealer for last three months for the delivery of my ST. This is the worst customer experience I am having till date, our Indian manufacturer responds way better than these guys. I am afraid that I may end up cancelling my booking after such a long wait.

Old 18th June 2014, 08:14   #1139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
Guys, anyone is having contact information for Triumph India sales head or some one responsible enough to deal with customer complaint efficiently?? I am now really sick and tired of lame excuses given by Hyderabad dealer for last three months for the delivery of my ST. This is the worst customer experience I am having till date, our Indian manufacturer responds way better than these guys. I am afraid that I may end up cancelling my booking after such a long wait.
Sorry to know your predicament. I know the owner of the dealership and have shared your post with him and hope he will respond to your issue with a positive solution soon.

However, customer service with Rebel with me and everyone else i know has been quite nice. If i recall, you were waiitng for the blue colored street tripple which i think is the reason for delay. Why dont you pick up the popular white ( if thats available for quick delivery)
mobike008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 09:42   #1140
DipantS

Thanks much Avi, I appreciate your help here. There was never a confusion about the color, I just wanted to have a look at blue if it gets available, but my first preference was always black and same was communicated to dealership multiple times, not sure where was the confusion. :(

I can understand that mine can be one off cornered case but the way delivery dates are changing for last one month is really frustrating. I was supposed to get the bike delivered on 3rd of this month, which apparently has not happened. The date was further moved to 22nd and now when it nearing they don't have a clue. The way dates are changing, false commitment being made and lies being told I am afraid that the existing customers will also be taken “For the Ride” when some issue arise, these are still early days for Triumph and their dealers in India with not so huge customer base.

Most Viewed