Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2014, 11:54   #1186
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
My only input is that Kawasaki after sales service is apparently very high compared to Triumph.

There was someone I know from Hyderabad who was considering to buy the Z1000 and was shocked to hear their A.S.S pricing and settled for a Speed Tripple
I think that is obvious. The Bonny, Street Triple, Speed Triple, Daytona are all CKD's imported from Thailand; while the Kawasaki's are all CBU's. So spares and service cost more. Anyway, my colleague is inclining towards a Triumph. Yet to finalize though.
Old 18th August 2014, 12:04   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
I think that is obvious. The Bonny, Street Triple, Speed Triple, Daytona are all CKD's imported from Thailand; while the Kawasaki's are all CBU's. So spares and service cost more. Anyway, my colleague is inclining towards a Triumph. Yet to finalize though.
Iam not sure how that can be obvious? I mean CKD and CBU's effect the overall landing price of a bike due to tax implications

How will that effect the after sales services and spares? Is it mandatory for them to price their service and spares according to that? I wasnt aware about this aspect
Old 18th August 2014, 12:54   #1188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I mean CKD and CBU's effect the overall landing price of a bike due to tax implications
CBU of Triumph are from Thailand attracting lower duties more like CKD from other countries not aware about Kawasaki .

Quote:
How will that effect the after sales services and spares? Is it mandatory for them to price their service and spares according to that
Spares attract lower duties than CBU & CKD . So unless parts are made in India spare prices for CKD Kits / CBU's should not differ much in costs . Ultimate selling price to end customers Is a different matter though and will depend on Manufacturer's strategies .

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th August 2014 at 12:59.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 17:46   #1189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I went to Triumph showroom in Delhi today
Any update on your dilemma? So which way you are tilting and which bikes have you shortlisted?
Old 25th August 2014, 18:12   #1190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
So which way you are tilting and which bikes have you shortlisted?
Booked " Storm " with new Triumph dealer opening in Chandigarh by Next month end ! Hope I have made right decision
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 18:20   #1191
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Booked " Storm " with new Triumph dealer opening in Chandigarh by Next month end ! Hope I have made right decision
Congrats

You must have rode the Storm in detail and iam sure you find it really good (hence, you booked it)

If you are not particular about the "Overall Harley experience" which I actually find it rather amusing and almost like a trap for folks graduating to bigger bikes and beileve more in "How you feel when your riding", it should be a good experience
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2014, 18:29   #1192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
You must have rode the Storm in detail and iam sure you find it really good
Not much really but I can make out most of overall feel from the ride I took .

Quote:
Overall Harley experience
I think by this you mean the experience that one gets when we ride in a Harley Group & rides - yes that's very adrenaline . I think it actually works both ways - rather more for Harley - all the people on such ride do such a massive publicity for Harley without much spends or rather by now Harley Dealers must be earning by organizing such rides .
Old 25th August 2014, 20:32   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am sure you would have a great time with Storm.

I know that Storm is a trouble free machine as well. Around the time I bought the Bonnie in Dubai, a friend bought a Storm from the same dealer in Doha and brought it to Dubai as well. There was no dealer in Dubai/UAE at that point of time and like me he too had absolutely no issues and could maintain the bike by ourselves happily.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 25th August 2014, 22:33   #1194
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am sure you would have a great time with Storm.
Thanks for the feedback , most of these machines are matured products & the local dealers are known . In this context I have not had any troubles even with Harley and they fitted parts that I picked from Canada without any fuss

I have one query - is it possible to have some kind of Ape Handles on Storm ? As per Triumph Delhi - they don't have this accessory listed .

Last edited by Turbanator : 25th August 2014 at 22:35.
Old 25th August 2014, 23:01   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have one query - is it possible to have some kind of Ape Handles on Storm ? As per Triumph Delhi - they don't have this accessory listed .
See the link below. Ape bars are available. As said by dealer its not Triumph OE though.

http://www.british-customs.com/trium...andlebars.html

Ape bars are available - British Customs is a very reputed after market Triumph accessory supplier.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 09:13   #1196
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
rather more for Harley - all the people on such ride do such a massive publicity for Harley without much spends or rather by now Harley Dealers must be earning by organizing such rides .
Triumph also arranges for such rides every alternate sunday and its fairly a success with atleast 15 bikes participating in those rides. Best part is they allow other brands also to ride with them.

Triumph ONLY rides are rare for e.g this Independence day they arranged an ONLY Triumph ride to "Charminar" followed by breakfast at Novotel hosted by them

I dont see any harm in using whatever mileage they can get to sell their bikes as thats part of their business.

However, I personally try to avoid being part of any of their marketing based rides as I bought the bike for my own pleasure and not to help them sell their bikes
Old 26th August 2014, 10:20   #1197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
However, I personally try to avoid being part of any of their marketing based rides as I bought the bike for my own pleasure and not to help them sell their bikes
I agree with you on this fully. I join a group ride if and when convenient to me and that too only if some people with whom I vibe well are riding along. Also it depends a lot on the group riding parameters being followed or implemented in the group.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2014, 12:18   #1198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I personally try to avoid being part of any of their marketing based rides as I bought the bike for my own pleasure and not to help them sell their bikes
I share same views ,,

Now coming to Storme , I have chosen Jet Black color , what all accessories / optional's are must or should be ordered . Will definitely need something to bump up the volume
Old 26th August 2014, 12:33   #1199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now coming to Storme , I have chosen Jet Black color , what all accessories / optional's are must or should be ordered . Will definitely need something to bump up the volume
IMO, no accessory is "mandatory" as you get the basic stuff as part of stock bike which as you may know is usually optional in Harley. Iam a living example of someone who rode the bike right out of showroom and rode 6000kms till date in pure stock form (this is going to change very soon)

My recommendation is to enjoy the bike in complete stock condition for atleast 1000-2000kms before planning additions as you will get an overall perspective of the bike and can take informed decision

As far as I can see, only changes that you may need to consider is handle bars and exhaust pipes but, please ride for sometime before buying any accessory

Yours truly on the Storm

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-img20140307wa032.jpg

Last edited by mobike008 : 26th August 2014 at 12:34.
Old 26th August 2014, 23:31   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
I share same views ,,

if you are having a pillion i would suggest a back rest. Also get the crash guard.

Also, I did hear those short free flow exhaust at the showroom. If I were to buy the storm that is the first upgrade. I guess there are hardly any other mods needed on the storm.
sreejith.j is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks