Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2014, 11:33   #1276
Team-BHP Support

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
only the Rocket III/K1600/Goldwing can steal some of its thunder
yes , rocket is huge but from side glance both machines look equally good .

Quote:
Nice to see that you are riding it on short 100kms rides already. Take it for a longer spin and do post your observations.
I actually did 300 Km on Sunday and would have continued further but for certain works that cropped up midway . Will be going back to chandigarh ( 275 Km ) from Gurgaon tomorrow , hope this time everything will be niggle free .

Quote:
Congrats on the Arrows??? I thought its just free flows from Triumph and there are no Arrows for the Storm?
My bad, I always assumed Arrows being a generic name for such performance silencers - part number is A9618050 and is referred as " High Flow Silencer Kit "
Quote:
isn't the rear seat backrest a bit too inclined for comfort?
Quote:
Is the pillion back rest adjustable ? Otherwise it looks little strange and if your pillion were to really recline in to it you might have balancing issues. Suggest, you please try it out with a tall/large pillion, if you haven't done it already and get a feel for it.
I think this looks more inclined in photos then it actually is , I will have feedback once I reach back home tomorrow .
Quote:
Niggles with the new dealership (CH) is quiet obvious - looks like they haven't got their check lists in place yet
I think Triumph India should train their dealerships before shipping the bikes , maybe they should get PDI done by their own engineers especially CBU bikes which are shipped in partially dis-assembled condition at-least when new dealerships are set up .

Quote:
How much did it cost?
These exhausts are priced @ Rs 21880 , dealership did not charged any labor for fitting any of the accessories . They had to remap after changing the exhausts .

Overall Quality of Accessories is very good and Triumph has priced these almost at Dollar Rates in India despite high VAT & Import Duties .

Attached Triumph 2014 Accessories Catalog
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Triumph Accessories - 2014-1.pdf (1.81 MB, 1919 views)
File Type: pdf Triumph Accessories - 2014-2.pdf (1.80 MB, 2656 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 30th September 2014 at 11:47.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2014, 17:35   #1277
Senior - BHPian

Triumph has unveiled the Street Triple RX at Intermot 2014.

Its a regular ST with the 675R bits and pieces and a standard quick shifter!! Hoping to see this in India soon.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...led/25629.html

Also launched 3 new special edition variants of the Bonnie.
Old 6th October 2014, 13:24   #1278
Team-BHP Support

My Street Triple

My Street Triple got delivered on 1st October, since it was a mad rush at RTO registration number and tax receipt did not reach me when i took delivery. So was a low fly holiday weekend and i guess i did about ~150 Km's so far.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-streettriple.jpg

Today they have got the receipt and number confirmation, time to order for number plates and clocking in more kilometers. Initial feedback, its a wicked wicked bike! If you are not careful with the right wrist you are asking for trouble.
Jaggu is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 13:53   #1279
BHPian

Re: My Street Triple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
My Street Triple got delivered on 1st October, since it was a mad rush at RTO registration number and tax receipt did not reach me when i took delivery. So was a low fly holiday weekend and i guess i did about ~150 Km's so far.

Congrats, I am yet to see any Street Triple in person, but it does look purposeful built and have a very distinct headlight design, the bike looks like an allrounder, which can be taken to highway, street or for track day. Would love to test ride this next time I visit any Triumph sales and service center for any reason.

-Pramod
pramods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:11   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Jaggu! Seems like Triumph is becoming the brand of choice for T-bhp admins

Between the Z800 and the Striple, I like the latter. Sounds good, is lighter and (although subjective) looks better too.
dreamseller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 14:47   #1281
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Congrats, I am yet to see any Street Triple in person, but it does look purposeful built and have a very distinct headlight design, the bike looks like an allrounder, which can be taken to highway, street or for track day.
Thanks Pramod. Yes it looks very understated in black, i was leaning towards red or white but then by chance landed up with the black. Good thing it does not draw too much of attention while parked with smaller commuter bikes, bad.. well almost every other person will show hands to indicate that the headlights are On thinking its a normal "yamaha" and darn thing catches dust like nobodys business!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
Congrats Jaggu! Seems like Triumph is becoming the brand of choice for T-bhp admins

Between the Z800 and the Striple, I like the latter. Sounds good, is lighter and (although subjective) looks better too.
For me a sub liter bike was a dream right from RD days, somehow felt that would be the ideal bet for my confidence Triumph was the first to bring this category and after a brief test ride i was sold. Compared to the bonie this felt more to my taste. As pramod rightly said above it's a perfect all rounder for me. Its liquid cooled so will have better tolerance to indian summer, has ABS, Pirelli Corsa tyres a decent MID with all essential functionality which justified the additional 2 lakhs.

Z800 i felt is on the heavier side and reviews confirmed the same plus that is a very south east asia specific design which left few doubts in my head later on.
Old 6th October 2014, 17:24   #1282
BHPian

Congrats Jaggu, it's a real stealth machine in black, till you open the throttle of course Wishing you many happy miles and smiles. Hope we'll see you on one of the group rides
hifisharu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 17:43   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Jaggu. So its a black ST for you. She is looking good. Enjoy and ride safe. Will look forward to meet you on one of the rides.
djay99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2014, 19:34   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Jaggu and Welcome to the family. Hope you will enjoy many thousands of miles on it

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2014, 11:20   #1285
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats Jaggu (My umpteeth congrats to you) and now dont be lazy and start a ownership thread
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 17:11   #1286
DipantS

Congrates Jaggu, Striple is an awesome machine to ride and own, brings a large grin every time you twist the throttle. Wish you thousands of fast and safe miles ahead.
  (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2014, 17:20   #1287
DipantS

Guys, wanted to check if this uneven tire wear is normal, any idea? I am going for a week long tour out of Hyderabad so, wanted to make sure that there are no issues with the bike. I have got feedback from other forums that this is normal and I am more comfortable with right turns and leaning the bike more towards right. Let me know your feedback, I have couple of days in hand if something needs to be corrected.
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-wp_20141011_0431.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-wp_20141011_0441.jpg  

Old 13th October 2014, 08:26   #1288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
Guys, wanted to check if this uneven tire wear is normal, any idea? I am going for a week long tour out of Hyderabad so, wanted to make sure that there are no issues with the bike. I have got feedback from other forums that this is normal and I am more comfortable with right turns and leaning the bike more towards right. Let me know your feedback, I have couple of days in hand if something needs to be corrected.
No issues. Some folks are comfortable with right handers and others with left handers. Ride without worries and ride safe.
Old 13th October 2014, 17:14   #1289
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post
Guys, wanted to check if this uneven tire wear is normal, any idea?.
I dont think there is any uneven tyre wear.

The black portion indicates the amount you have leaned in corners ( thats what I understood, correct me if iam wrong) and you can safely do your long distance ride in the coming weeks
Old 13th October 2014, 17:44   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
The black portion indicates the amount you have leaned in corners
The unused portion of the tire are popularly called 'chicken-strips'.

@DipantS as mentioned above, there is no reason to worry. The tire suggests that you are most comfortable with right handers.

Most Viewed