Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2015, 12:06   #1336
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
A friend of mine had called Shaman Motors to check price of Bonneville in Mumbai.

Looks like Triumph has some attractive EMI offers going on. One offer was Rs 2.5L downpayment rest @9999/month for 5 years. That turns out to something like 6.82% interest!
Called them up myself. Correction, the interest comes to 13%, nothing special about it :(

Mods: Please delete this post & the post above, its irrelevant now. Had thought Triumph was trying to make a comeback after their fiasco!
Old 15th March 2015, 18:57   #1337
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine bought the Triump Daytona and had it delivered today. Looks nice and I got the opportunity to ride it very briefly today. All the kids are absolutely drooling over it!
Attached Thumbnails
Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-1426425976175.jpg  

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-1426425995640.jpg  

Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2015, 00:46   #1338
BHPian

Booked the rocket..... Will take delivery end of 2015 due to busy schedule
Old 25th March 2015, 20:32   #1339
BHPian

Seems triumph have increased the prices of their lineup. :(
considering their previous fiasco in Indian market, i guess this is wrong move.

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/03/bik...es-bikes-2015/

Could existing customers experience the price rise too for spares ?
Old 25th March 2015, 21:28   #1340
BHPian

When i had gone to book the Bonneville A3 (sept-14) the ex showroom Delhi price was Rs 5.68 lacs, when i took the delivery in Dec 14 the price increased to Rs 5.85 lacs. The price from the article seems to be Rs. 5.99 lacs.

Haven't tracked the prices for other models.
Old 21st April 2015, 21:18   #1341
BHPian

To all Bonneville owners: i have been called up by the dealer to return the original exhaust pipes for a free replacement with 'new batch' of stock exhaust pipes. Have any of the owners got a similar call? It seems triumph india has instructed all dealers to do this. This applies to only those who bought their Bonnies just after the launch last year.
Old 21st April 2015, 21:55   #1342
Team-BHP Support

What is the fault with the pipes that it has been recalled? Any further info?
Old 21st April 2015, 23:12   #1343
BHPian

No they are just saying it is a recall for the early bonnies sold. Even when i told them i am using hi flow exhausts they want to exchange the unused stock exhausts. Personally i am a bit suspicious after the power figures misrepresentation on the website and will question every such move triumph makes. Will call them again and find out more
Old 22nd April 2015, 08:50   #1344
BHPian

From what I heard the older pipes were not meeting emission norms. Could be heresay or just a cock and bull story from Triumph. I called up the Delhi dealer and was informed there's no such recall...but I already know there is!!
Old 22nd April 2015, 09:22   #1345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
From what I heard the older pipes were not meeting emission norms. Could be heresay or just a cock and bull story from Triumph. I called up the Delhi dealer and was informed there's no such recall...but I already know there is!!

That figures. Meaning the new pipes will further diminish the bike's performance. I am hesitant to give the stock pipes back until Triumph officially announces the recall. As far as complying with emission norms is concerned, it is a cock and bull story as i take the PUC testing quite seriously and my bike had passed the test.
Old 24th April 2015, 19:22   #1346
BHPian

Post edited and reposted in the next post. Mods Please delete this one (1346)

Last edited by argchoff : 24th April 2015 at 19:26. Reason: Duplicate and correct post reposted
Old 24th April 2015, 19:25   #1347
BHPian

Update on the Bonneville exhaust pipes: I rang the customer care centre no one picked up, but i got an automated SMS stating 'thank you for your interest'.I then wrote to Triumph customer care to explain to me the reason for the exhaust pipe free replacement and why they had not officially announced the recall. No reply for a few days and then today - Got a call from the dealer, to discuss about my email to Triumph!!! Explanation was:- Change in Indian emission norms and that the new exhausts are more efficient! This apparently applies to all Classics sold SO FAR across India and that all Bonnevilles, T100s and Thruxton bikes will get replacement exhausts.
Fair enough explanation, but to my knowledge all auto makers including Triumph in the past have officially declared any recalls / replacements either via website or media stating VIN numbers of vehicles affected. Two things i find weird:
1. Why no official recall announced?
2. Why not be transparent enough to answer the customer directly for any query, why was the my email to Triumph India sent to the dealer to then answer the customer?
Old 24th April 2015, 19:37   #1348
BHPian

This is the last straw i was still eyeing to buy the bonnie just because of its practicality, however such callous attitude by the company has lost my trust. A good brand being killed with mismanagement.
Old 24th April 2015, 20:08   #1349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
This is the last straw i was still eyeing to buy the bonnie just because of its practicality, however such callous attitude by the company has lost my trust. A good brand being killed with mismanagement.
Their products are good, and Bonnie's no exception but triumph's attitude towards its customers is getting to be annoying and unacceptable. Apparently the 'dealer' is going to issue me a letter of explanation and not Triumph.
Old 25th April 2015, 11:45   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by argchoff View Post
Two things i find weird:
1. Why no official recall announced?
2. Why not be transparent enough to answer the customer directly for any query, why was the my email to Triumph India sent to the dealer to then answer the customer?
This entire thing screams out a connection to the recent fiasco, covering one's tracks, and plugging legal liability holes.

My personal biggest eye opener was them approaching customers separately. And the customers going along with that. Separately.

That's where they dodged a bullet.

Most Viewed