Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a-93.html)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I don't find many ownership review of Daytona and haven't seen many on road in Chennai, I just wish to know if Triumph in general are reliable enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4075635)
Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I don't find many ownership review of Daytona and haven't seen many on road in Chennai, I just wish to know if Triumph in general are reliable enough.

Very true, in fact i havent seen owners reviews of many big bikes (litre class) which are legal in India. I guess either they are unable to express it or that they are shy to come on forums. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by giri1.8 (Post 4075635)

I would attribute it to following reasons :

1. Triumph has a truly exotic stable from retros, naked, ADv to supersports. In that mix of bags, Daytona is completely lost and few other things (mentioned in my next points) didn't work for it

2. 675 cc engine and asking price is nearly 14 lakhs. Too expensive for Indian buyer

3. Very aggressive riding position. It's quite demanding and more suited for race tracks. I know quite a few people buying it and then selling it as quickly as they cannot use it for longer distances and exchanged for a Speed or Tiger

4. Besides as you can see the market for sports bikes is shrinking year on year and it will be bought by really hard core sports bike fans who dont mind using it on tracks once in a while or for short bursts. Majority of buyers are looking to buy these expensive bikes so they can ride more

But, in general Triumph are very reliable and I know many who praise Daytona like anything (Infact, I still ride with a friend who owns one)

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratap.pratu (Post 4075777)
Very true, in fact i havent seen owners reviews of many big bikes (litre class) which are legal in India. I guess either they are unable to express it or that they are shy to come on forums.

I guess the second one. But, also the fact remains Daytona didn't sell in large numbers. My rough guess would be less than 25 units in the last 2 years and 11 months they are in India.

A small update to revive this thread.

The all-new iconic Triumph Bonneville T100 is priced at Rs. 7.78 lacs ex-showroom Delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 4076254)
I guess the second one. But, also the fact remains Daytona didn't sell in large numbers. My rough guess would be less than 25 units in the last 2 years and 11 months they are in India.

I actually think that there are more than a few Daytonas here in Bangalore. A quick look at the sales over the last three months, it seems the Daytona has sold 26 units.

Not bad for a 675 at 14L.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shanenanigans (Post 4077216)
I actually think that there are more than a few Daytonas here in Bangalore. A quick look at the sales over the last three months, it seems the Daytona has sold 26 units. Not bad for a 675 at 14L.

Any bike will sell in Bangalore:D. The passion and spirit Benguluru has towards motorcycling is not comparable at all with rest of the country

Look at this. Bonneville Bobber. News source: http://www.cycleworld.com/2017-trium...t-look#page-14

Will it be launched in India?

Triumph coming up with a new bike Bobber! It will borrow its engine from Bonneville T120. With ride by wire, traction control, ABS, riding models, this is gonna give some tough competition to the HDs.

Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48-bobber.jpg

Source

Quote:

Originally Posted by sps (Post 4078177)
Will it be launched in India?

I think yes. Looks like a potent competitor for the HDs. At first look, it seems to be a competitor for the HD 48.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joybird (Post 4001297)
Triumph Chandigarh is located in a big shopping mall. Loads of window shoppers come in for demo ride wearing slippers and half pants with t shirts. Rightly many are refused the demo as they do not pose as serious buyers. Sometimes asking for Rocket demo.

So they think those in shorts & slippers in malls are the poorer class? Couldnt be more wrong...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 4078614)
So they think those in shorts & slippers in malls are the poorer class? Couldnt be more wrong...

I think it has more to do with safety and ethics.

When I went for a test ride of the Street Triple, they informed the necessity to wear jeans or proper gear for the drive. Not to mention helmets were mandatory, they even stocked few helmets for those who didn't have them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsurya (Post 4078614)

These bikes get heated up pretty fast, and usually in those test rides if they encounter traffic they can easily end up with burnt legs and ultimately blame the showroom. Hence they do not allow people in shorts and slippers be test ride.

Even, HD does not allow customers to test ride without shoes and jeans.

Rumor has it that Triumph might launch an all new Street triple next year. CarAndbike.com has reported about this but there is no official confirmation yet.

Quoting from the original article :
Quote:

Triumph India will be launching a new Street Triple, early next year, a source has disclosed to carandbike.com. The new Street Triple is likely to be unveiled at the EICMA motor show in Italy next month, before it's launched globally. There's been no official confirmation from Triumph India, but according to a source in the know, the bike will be an all-new version of the Triumph Street Triple which will be launched in India early next year.
Source : NDTV Auto

Quote:

Originally Posted by pratap.pratu (Post 4075777)
Very true, in fact i havent seen owners reviews of many big bikes (litre class) which are legal in India. I guess either they are unablNote to express it or that they are shy to come on forums. :)

Not many are members of forums. I've owned the R3 for over an year now and believe me it's fantastic. Made friends in a riding group here in Chandigarh. They ride various bikes from Triumph to HD, KTM, Kawasaki and Honda.
Triumph Daytona is also in the group. It's one of the best sport bikes. Two riders are having it. The storm is another reliable cruiser. We have rides around Chandigarh upto 200kms. None of Triumph bikes have had any issues. Himachal being the favourite.

New Street Triple 765 launch on Jan 10 2017.

Here is a teaser video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM5G-5VTql0

Source