Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2014, 10:43   #1306
BHPian

Re: Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Thanks djay. The bike has done 4K kms and has about 40k worth of accessories including the Quickshifter. I picked it up for 7.9.
Congrats, Niranjan! Terrific bike! Great price too
Old 23rd November 2014, 10:55   #1307
DipantS

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Did you check with the triumph service centre??
No they don't have the necessary equipment available with them.

Will Pearl be able to help me with that?

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th November 2014 at 09:59. Reason: broken quote tags fixed

Old 23rd November 2014, 17:16   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DipantS View Post

No they don't have the necessary equipment available with them.

Will Pearl be able to help me with that?
Not sure if they do that for other make bikes.Anyways, you can check with the mechanic over there(will PM you his details)
Old 24th November 2014, 16:03   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Today I took my bike in to the Bangalore dealer for servicing - basically an oil/filter change, Brake Fluid change, Chain Cleaning, EMC Evaluation and the like.
Hi, Is it cheaper to import the bikes, say from Dubai? How was your experience with customs?

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 26th November 2014 at 10:01.
Old 24th November 2014, 16:09   #1310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Hi, Is it cheaper to import the bikes, say from Dubai? How was your experience with customs?
Nope. Not with Triumphs, the way they are priced there.

About the experience of importing the bike , please read my thread on my Bonneville.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 25th November 2014, 13:46   #1311
Senior - BHPian

Just bumped upon this, Triumph recalling some of the 2014 and 2015 models for a faulty ECU.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...lem/25921.html
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 15:09   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Just bumped upon this, Triumph recalling some of the 2014 and 2015 models for a faulty ECU.
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-...lem/25921.html
Interesting find! If I remember correctly one of our members here who owns a Bonnie had a similar issue as quoted from the article below:

Quote:
This could result in the engine either not starting, or if already running normally, losing ignition in one cylinder due to excessive fueling.
Old 9th December 2014, 21:20   #1313

Any thruxton owner?

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is any Triumph Thruxton owner amongst us?

Or , any idea how the motorcycle reviews on Indian roads basically for city use ?

Thank you
Old 9th December 2014, 23:10   #1314
Senior - BHPian

Re: Any thruxton owner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny.boi View Post
Hello all,

I am wondering if there is any Triumph Thruxton owner amongst us?

Or , any idea how the motorcycle reviews on Indian roads basically for city use ?

Thank you
sunny.boi,

Though I don't own a Thruxton I have had the privilege of using it extensively.

In my opinion a one word the answer is an emphatic NO.

Its a bike built for spirited long rides and not really for city use. Hope you are familiar with the concept of "Café Racer". If not please look it up and you will have the answer to your question.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Old 9th December 2014, 23:18   #1315

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
sunny.boi,

Though I don't own a Thruxton I have had the privilege of using it extensively.

In my opinion a one word the answer is an emphatic NO.

Its a bike built for spirited long rides and not really for city use. Hope you are familiar with the concept of "Café Racer". If not please look it up and you will have the answer to your question.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
Thanks for the reply,

Actually im aware of the term café racers, but this one built with high bars, and a less aggressive seating position, what are the possible drawbacks that you came across . I really need some suggestions, as I'm pretty stuck between thruxton and Kawasaki z800.

Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 00:38   #1316
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Thanks for the reply,

Actually im aware of the term café racers, but this one built with high bars, and a less aggressive seating position, what are the possible drawbacks that you came across . I really need some suggestions, as I'm pretty stuck between thruxton and Kawasaki z800.

Thanks
Seating position very similar to re continental gt. I.e. really uncomfortable. I know the bike looks great but is no comparison to the bonneville se in terms of ride, handling and seating comfort.
Old 10th December 2014, 13:42   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
I really need some suggestions, as I'm pretty stuck between thruxton and Kawasaki z800.

Thanks

I have owned the previous generation Z1000 and ridden the Bonnie T100, but not the Thruxton or the Z800. However, most importantly since the 'heart' of both the bikes you are considering are very different, from my own experience of riding various engine configurations, my take is as follows:

The Triumph bonnie parallel twin engine has a character unique to itself with some small vibrations and torque delivery of a different kind which some riders find very enjoyable and addictive. Whereas with any inline 4 engine, be it the Z800 or 1000 or the others, the engine is a super-refined smooth machine with a lot more crisper throttle response and ofcourse the wonderful exhaust note that most people love to associate with a 'superbike'. Personally for me, I like the torque delivery of the parallel/opposed/V-twin types of engines on tight twisty mountain roads as well as for cruising. Somehow find the I-4 engines a tad boring & kind of more predictable.

Riding & handling wise both bikes will have their own unique seat-bar-footpeg geometry. And from the looks of the seating position on both bikes, you may have less strain on your wrists on the Z800 as against the Thruxton which has a slightly more aggressive riding position. Have a look at your seating position by feeding your details in this website (http://cycle-ergo.com) as your height is also an important factor. As for wrist strain, it does go after a while of practice and riding. Also remember, the more upright you are on a bike, the windblast to the chest is also greater (more pronounced at higher speeds). Lastly, although not a major concern for many riders, but punctures in the tubeless tires of the Z are definitely easier to fix on the roadside rather than a spoked wheel with a tube inside.

I would strongly recommend to test ride both bikes and make an educated choice on what floats your boat best.

Good luck

Last edited by Haroon : 10th December 2014 at 13:56.
Haroon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 14:57   #1318

I know it's a bit odd selection of motorcycles to be confused in, but as they cost pretty much the same, I have kept my options open.

My usage - would generally be within city limits , bumper to bumper traffic, late night bursts, and occasional 200 km rides to mahabaleshwar or Mumbai. If Any longer, I've got my self covered with a v6 mammoth ;-)

The thruxton, was always the first choice since I laid my eyes of it. It has always been the more cool looking among the boneville and scrambler range . The rugged old school looks with the brand (which I'm aware is under a lot of fire) of certain heritage. Fitted with custom exhaust with some minor mods would definitely suit my personality. Pillion seat is also crucial to accommodate wife.

The z800, well because of the amount of engineering used to develop this beast. Inline 4 with more than double power that what thruxton has, and th smooth ride. But seriously, how often do you even ride above 120 km/hr?? It's, well, plain stupid considering the surprise packages at every corner consisting pot holes, cows,dogs or worse, humans.

Im still more inclined towards thruxton, but would like to know about ENGINE heat from both these motors. As in test ride I wouldn't be able to evaluate.

Thanks again for the replies :-)
Old 10th December 2014, 15:59   #1319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroon View Post
I would strongly recommend to test ride both bikes and make an educated choice on what floats your boat best.

Good luck
Quote:
Im still more inclined towards thruxton, but would like to know about ENGINE heat from both these motors. As in test ride I wouldn't be able to evaluate.

Thanks again for the replies :-)
The comments from Haroon is as much as you can ever get.

By Engine Heat - I believe you mean the heat you get in bumper to bumper traffic - Theoretically the Z 800 should run cooler as its liquid cooled. Both will generate considerable haet in thata scenario but not enough to fry your inner thighs

I don't know if you really can compare a Thruxton/Bonnie to a Z800. Both are nothing in common except that both are motorcycles.

The pillion - is not going to be too happy in either. Better off on Truxton than in Z800, if you can put a sissy bar etc in - which effectively kills its looks

These are my two bits.

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Ram
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2014, 00:16   #1320
BHPian

For sure its not Triumph's finest hour in India at the moment, but seems the guys in Hinckley are working on a water cooled Bonnie based variant for sale in 2016. The below link is from MCN

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/n...tracker-spied/
Haroon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed