Team-BHP - Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Triumph motorcycles to enter India. Edit: Now Launched Pg. 48 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/103024-triumph-motorcycles-enter-india-edit-now-launched-pg-48-a.html)

Hello All -

I have been long waiting for Triumph to come to India, I think the wait is going to be over soon, but the dampner is that they are being brought in as CBU's so are going to be expensive.

Here is a direct lift from ACI -

Triumph motorcycles to enter India | Autocar India

After mulling over its decision to enter the burgeoning Indian two-wheeler market for a considerable time, iconic British motorcycle manufacturer Triumph is finally on the verge of launching its comprehensive range of motorcycles in India.
While finishing touches to the final game plan are still underway, the first Triumph motorcycles will shortly reach India as Completely Built Units (CBU). Expect the famous bike maker’s initial offerings to include their impressive 1,050cc, three-cylinder Tiger and Sprint models, the timeless twin-cylinder 865cc Bonneville, the massive 2,294cc Rocket III, 675cc Daytona sportsbike and the Speed Triple Street models.

@ MODS: If there is an existing thread for Triumph's planned venture in India, request you to either merge or close this thread.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2395013)
Hello All -

Expect the famous bike maker’s initial offerings to include their impressive 1,050cc, three-cylinder Tiger and Sprint models, the timeless twin-cylinder 865cc Bonneville, the massive 2,294cc Rocket III, 675cc Daytona sportsbike and the Speed Triple Street models.

@ MODS: If there is an existing thread for Triumph's planned venture in India, request you to either merge or close this thread.

Wow what a way to begin a friday, did go through the link but unfortunately did not carry any information around it. Do we get any feelers on how the progress would be? So the Indian Bike Market is finally seeing the explosion? This should have happened a good 4-5 years ago. Better late than never.

@ku69rd -

With what we have witnessed in the past, there are going to be a fair amount of speculations around it.

I hope to see the bike in flesh during the Auto Expo - 2012.

Retro looking Bonneville has been my facination since childhood and more so for the retro looking bikes after I owned a 84 HT RD350.

I hope the pricing on the BV is close to 6L OTR, I think i'm going too far with the speculations :D.

Do post and watch out this space for more Triumph @ India updates.

Happy Motoring !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2395061)
@ku69rd -

With what we have witnessed in the past, there are going to be a fair amount of speculations around it.

I hope to see the bike in flesh during the Auto Expo - 2012.

Retro looking Bonneville has been my facination since childhood and more so for the retro looking bikes after I owned a 84 HT RD350.

I hope the pricing on the BV is close to 6L OTR, I think i'm going too far with the speculations :D.

Do post and watch out this space for more Triumph @ India updates.

Happy Motoring !!

Just speculating triumph might play equal brothers to Ducati when it comes to pricing, my hunch would be BV might get something relatively closer to Monster 796 Pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2395074)
Just speculating triumph might play equal brothers to Ducati when it comes to pricing, my hunch would be BV might get something relatively closer to Monster 796 Pricing.

You might be spot on, I guess the 796 is close to 9 OTR in Bangy?

And guess what this was your Nelson Number (111) so it might be true :D

But in that case, I shall have to wait for the CKD's in due course of time to come down, retro's look good with grey hair :D

Happy Motoring !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2395078)

And guess what this was your Nelson Number (111) so it might be true :D

But in that case, I shall have to wait for the CKD's in due course of time to come down, retro's look good with grey hair :D

Happy Motoring !!

Never too old to toss your leg over the seat and ride to darkness. Hopefully i get it right. Thanks mate did not notice it was the nelson post (Friday as well but not a 13th Friday). My bet on their current line up is the naked triple. She looks cool with her dual head light which the Mojo has tried to replicate with poor results.

Mixed feelings here. If they take the CBU route, Daytona 675 will not make it (since it is < 800cc) - However, based on straight6's posts in other threads, Daytona 675 will make it to India which makes me think they may not take the CBU route :)

Even if 675 makes it in CBU route, it will be over 10L ex-showroom (it is 4.7L ex-showroom US, and add 120%) - Which would put it in competition with bigger japs and even Ducati 848 (in which case most people (I think everyone thinks like me :P ) would choose the latter)

And the Triples look like Mojo to me :uncontrol - Me not want

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torquedo (Post 2395078)

According to latest (upward) revision, it is 9.67 OTR Bangalore

I would love to see brand new Bonnies on the road in india, though i am still far from owning one. wish me luck

Vow, good news at last. Triumph has been on my radar for a long time. CBU option might not work out in the longer run, just exaggerates the prices beyond reach and mindset. Like Harley the CKD route might be more favourable, once they get a taste of the Indian market.

Quote:

Originally Posted by luky_13 (Post 2395277)
Vow, good news at last. Triumph has been on my radar for a long time. CBU option might not work out in the longer run, just exaggerates the prices beyond reach and mindset. Like Harley the CKD route might be more favourable, once they get a taste of the Indian market.

Skeptical that they might get the relevant numbers to make it green financially to assemble their bikes in India. Probably they might want to have a tata-fiat approach? Sorry might be shooting in the dark. Speculating BIG TIME...

Hi All,

Its really good news and as a Bonnie owner I am really thrilled.

If Triumph wants I think they can price it really well. As many of you may be aware, Triumph has a manufacturing facility in Thailand. About 80% of parts are now made in Thailand - sent to UK for assembly and then exported to various non-American destinations.

I have a case now here in UAE where the bike is stuck in Qatar Customs. Bike - Dyatona 675 - bought new in Doha Qatar and being exported to UAE, wher my friend lives. The Engine Cover has a stamp which shows "Made in Thailand", but the import to Doha by the dealer - Customs papers show it as having come in from UK. So the Qatar customs is seeking clarifications from the Dealer, Triump etc etc --- so on and so forth.

My point is if Triumph wants they may be able to get the CBU or CKD units from Thailand at probably more favourable duty tariffs as we have special duty tariffs in place with Thailand as India's ASEAN obligations/wooing.

So they may get away with a good pricing in the range of about INR 5-600 K for up to 1 litr machines (hope and wishfully thinking)

My Bonnie is about INR 420K and Daytona is about INR 480 K - That is with the Import Duties on the parts in to UK from Thailand and with UAE Customs duty on import of bike (about 6%).

Lets hope for the best

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

can't wait to see what price the Daytona will get!!! :D

Triumph confirms India Foray. It has appointed Mr. Ashish Joshi, who was previously with Royal Enfield, as the Managing Director for its India operations. The news article link: Business Line : Companies News : Triumph Motorcycles to enter Indian market

More updates on the foray on ACI and Motoroids website:

Triumph motorcycles to enter India | Autocar India

Breaking: It

Time to rejoice, hope the pricing is down to earth rather than bringing perspective buyers down to earth :D

A Bonneville @ 5L OTR would be too tempting.

Happy Motoring !!

I'd love to see daytona ... I hope they make it a CKD (There is no way it can come as CBU :( )

EDIT: I just read the ACI article, and they claim they bring all the bikes as CBU. And, they also claim that they'll bring in the Daytona 675. Have the rules changed to bring in <800cc bikes to Indian market? Am I missing something?