Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 14:50   #16
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Re: Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts

Ram I am surprised you say there were more groups who were active !!

Apart from the long distance riding we did regularly on the Dubai Khorfakkhan route, Hatta and Alain we invariably would all meet at three major points. One was the Corniche at Sharjah (usually the locals would hang out here) then there was Riqa (again a favourite for the locals) and Satwa. The Brits and SA riders wouldn't hang out in town but were active on the long rides. So apart from these places where would Rajaram, Vijay and you hang out that I missed you guys? Strange how in two years in that tiny place that UAE is we missed running into each other !!

The Harley group ofcourse was one who I didn't meet up with or hang out with so that one I wouldn't know much about who rode actively in those years.

Last edited by DKG : 29th June 2011 at 15:12.
Old 29th June 2011, 20:51   #17
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I will never forget the fun I had with the Ferrari with my biking buddies. It was wild, absolutely wild. Driving up in a Ferrari to roadside tea stalls, later lazy breakfast at a gorgeous club ! fun times

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0004_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0005_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0006_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0818.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0819.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0820.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0821.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0822.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0823.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0008_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0009_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0010_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0825.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0011_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0826.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0012_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0016_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0828.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0027_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0028_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0029_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0030_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0031_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0032_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0033_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0038_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0039_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0040_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0041_2.jpg
Old 29th June 2011, 21:03   #18
DKG
Senior - BHPian

I always looked forward to our breakfasts at the Secbad club under the huge trees. Loved the ambience, all bikes lined up just close by, eating delicious food while ogling at the amazing machinery lined up. The jokes, laughter and banter enough to want your breakfasts to never end !!

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0042_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0044_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0045_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0046_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0838.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0047_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0048_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0839.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0050_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0845.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0051_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0052_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0053_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0054_3.jpg
Old 29th June 2011, 21:19   #19
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Sometimes even if it was just two or three guys we'd head out for some Sunday fun. This trip we headed out to the Pocharam lake and reserve forest stopping enroute for a nice dhaba omelette breakfast at Ramayampet

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0846.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0847.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0848.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0001_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0004_5.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0005_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0849.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0851.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0006_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0007_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0009_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0010_5.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0014_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0018_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0023_2_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0859.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0024_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0025_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0026_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0863.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0027_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0040_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0042_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0043_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0044_3.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0865.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0055_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0056_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0060_2.jpg
Old 29th June 2011, 21:27   #20
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Here we descend on a dhaba at Siddipet about 100 kms from Hyderabad. Almost every other ride there would be something new for all of us to drool over. Some of the riders in the group changed as many as half a dozen bikes during the years we rode actively

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0065_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0068_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0072_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0073_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0074_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0075_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0076_2.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0077_2.jpg
Old 29th June 2011, 21:42   #21
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Here's a breakfast meet at my home. A neighbour passing by excitedly called home wondering why so many motorcycles were there in the compound. They were quite fascinated by the whole concept of biking for leisure !

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0001_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0009_5.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0010_6.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0011_5.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0017_5.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0018_5.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0019_5.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0025_4.jpg

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-img_0026_4.jpg
Old 30th June 2011, 10:46   #22
BHPian

Brilliant write up Deepak, as someone mentioned it's truly 'Straight from the heart'. Only a true enthusiast understands the likeminded. I've been a passionate biker for the past fifteen years or so. Ridden in groups and solo practically all around the country on my beloved RE 500 and RD 350.

It's a year since i've been married now and as the conventional mentality that most perceive a 'family man' to have, it's not uncommon to come across suggestions from friends, family and foes who simply fail to understand our enthusiasm. Suggestions like:

-You are married now, why drive around in a esteem with headers! Get yourself a decent family car.

-You are married now, what's with the biker jacket and boots! Start dressing decently.

-You are married now, sell the bullet and get a decent activa. It's comfortable and most importantly you wouldn't need to spend half your time in the workshop.

-You are married now, sell that gas guzzling RD 350, it's high time you start saving money.

Deepak, it's people like you who lift our spirits high and help us pursue or passion against all odds.

Can't wait to show your write-up to all them family, friends and foes

Kudos once again!
[COLOR=black][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/COLOR]
aadithsince1980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 11:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Here are pics of me on the 900RR that features in some of your posts on page 1. For a bike of its age, what handling! Puts some of the recent bikes to shame .
Attached Thumbnails
Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-me2.jpg  

Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts-me-cbr.jpg  

Old 30th June 2011, 12:11   #24
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
Only a true enthusiast understands the likeminded
You will be surprised the most vocal supporter amongst family and friends in my life has been my 82 year old mother. She loves the sight of the VFR in the compound and always says "No matter what you should never sell this beauty"

When that Ferrari came home and I would lovingly wash and polish the car before each drive she would sit there in the yard enjoying the stunning beauty and say "Isn't there something you could do to ensure this car never leaves our home?"

A few weeks back I brought home a gorgeous new red Cayman on test drive to show the family what I would someday like to buy money permitting. I think it made a deep impression on my mother's mind. Much later often when talking at the dining table I would ask her in general conversation if there was something she desired and in a flash with a sparkle in her eyes she would say "get that Cayman"!!

So you see its important our families understand and support us in these hobbies/passions. After all its about feeling good in life and when you feel good you usually are enjoyable company for others.

Try taking your wife out for breakfast runs on the bike. If she ends up enjoying the experience and the time spent doing something fun with you she just might become your most vocal supporter in this passion !!

@straight6 they really are such fine machines. A friend still has his 98 600 and loves the ride and handling.

Last edited by DKG : 30th June 2011 at 12:17.
DKG is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 12:25   #25
BHPian

Well said and actually true, it really helps when family and friends understand you. Infact, after a year, my wifey is getting to terms with my my craze for wheels, and infact did gift me a dainese jacket for my birthday Now I guess it's time to coax her to accompany me on a trip to ladakh
Old 30th June 2011, 13:39   #26
Senior - BHPian

DKG: Am planning on buying my first bike and happens to be in the 600-800 cc range. Was contemplating if its a good decision as i am single and feel if i do not do it now will never be able to make my mind up.

I lost my friend yesterday to an accident in a car which made me think on my decision to buy a bike. Your thread here has made my decision stronger. Thank you for it. Some things can never be explained to people who do not understand. You have made words in this thread like music and pictures just adds to it.

I loved the pic of the bikes in your compound. Any boys dream to have so many at once
Old 30th June 2011, 14:35   #27
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadithsince1980 View Post
I guess it's time to coax her to accompany me on a trip to ladakh
That really would be one of the most beautiful experiences for the two of you to share !! We have Mr. Nanduchitnis and his wife here on TBHP who did the circuit on a bike. Check out his thread, such a wonderful journey with amazing photographs and lovely stories !

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy42 View Post
I lost my friend yesterday to an accident in a car which made me think on my decision to buy a bike.
Sorry to hear about this loss. At times like these we do re-evaluate our lives and perspectives change.

Some thirteen years ago I had treated myself to the VFR and a new Landcruiser. Both these machines gave me phenomenal pleasure and made the toil so worthwhile.

Now after this long inning and much time spent here in Hyderabad looking after lovely aging parents I am once again treating myself to a new Harley and a Thar !!

My personal philosophy has always been to take care of the family first and then go out and treat oneself to some serious machinery every once in a while. I just love it !!

Quote:
I loved the pic of the bikes in your compound. Any boys dream to have so many at once
Can you believe it I played with dinky toys in that same compound more than 4 decades ago. I still play in that compound much to the amusement of family and friends !!!

Last edited by DKG : 30th June 2011 at 14:47.
DKG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 16:36   #28
BHPian

DKG,

Wonderful narrative that stands out for its simplicity and yet forthrightness.

Loved the way you described the Blackbird; I can vouch for everything that you've said, especially about the engine belonging in a hall of fame :

The Blackbird is a truly outstanding motorcycle and it speaks volumes about Honda's then design capabilities that the Bird looks stunning and contemporary even today, though it has remained visibly unchanged since 1996!

Enjoyed the photographs that you've posted - of your rides and more so the ones with the Ferrari. What a truly beautiful automobile.

Hats off Sir, to the thread as well as your taste in automobiles - right from the VFR.

Ravi

Last edited by ravi_xx : 30th June 2011 at 16:38.
ravi_xx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 16:50   #29
Senior - BHPian

Awesome awesome thread! Rated 5 *s. Wonderful narration.

Am a huge fan of Hayabusa's looks. Though the Blue Ninja (14R I suppose) looks kind of dominating!
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 19:08   #30
BHPian

Deepak Ji, amazing write up. Everytime I read this thread, I enjoy it to the fullest. I remember seeing some of the pics earlier but this thread is a refresher in itself.

I salute and bow down to your Mom for her sheer enthusiasm and that humorous attitude of hers. I still remember the Jannaram Forest Trip, it was worth every minute of it. I still remember her words and her humorous comments and tid bits. It was a great experience.
traveloholic is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed