Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:05   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: A Harley dream comes true !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post
A friend came along to the workshop and when he realised I was there only to witness the unloading and unpacking of the bike he was puzzled. He said "If we aren't taking delivery now why did we come here?" I said "I love the way a bike is transported in its container and I enjoy seeing it unpacked, besides I have a video of the VFR being unpacked and PDI'd and would like to document the same for the Harley" The look on his face was like "Crazy fellow" but then I was very clear that this joy was not to be missed for anything
I can imagine the excitement you must be feeling while looking at the entire process of unloading.
I was like a small kid opening his new gift while scrolling down the thread to see each snap.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:10   #32
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
please see about changing the footpegs to an optional one, preferably with chrome to match the rest of the bike. The stock pegs just dont cut it in my opinion, and is one of the first things that need to be upgraded.
that is the very first thing I noticed !! We've discussed the options in accessory footpegs, will choose something that blends with the bike. Also planning on a tank chrome belt that's like the bigger Harleys, cool accessory. Apart from these some small add ons like axle end caps etc.

@amitwele - you can say that again !! I remain a little kid around cars and bikes.

Last edited by DKG : 2nd July 2011 at 08:11.
Old 2nd July 2011, 08:58   #33
BANNED

@DKG,

Just a note from personal experience. Would recommend you go for a round peg rather than a flat one. I went for the Flame themed flat pegs, which look great, but difficult to get good footing while riding. Got worse once I switched to forward controls. Took a lot of adjusting to get it to a manageable riding position now. But regret not having got some round pegs

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:03   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
options in accessory footpegs
Congrats on your purchase - I will definitely recommend you to go for the front Forward Foot Control - in Chrome besides Sundowner Seat - the OEM one is simply too bad for anything - riding position and comfort is hugely compromised .

I will also suggest you to go for Auxiliary Lighting Kit & the Bigger Horn - as you will find in the higher models - have a look at the enclosed accessories that I got fitted..

And one note of caution - the chrome finish is very difficult to maintain - try to be very careful especially in rains - better don't drive in water when engine is hot - i have few marks which simply don't go away as i once drove in rain ( coming from showroom after taking delivery ) . The problem is more severe in places where they have chromed the plastics like Headlight - because its always ON ( I don't know about CKD ones though ) the outer gets hot and any water will leave some marks which will be difficult to go & one more small advise - Do buy the Cover - it costs about 8000 or so but is worth every penny ...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Harley.pdf (8.2 KB, 895 views)
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:28   #35
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would recommend you go for a round peg rather than a flat one
Thanks ! Will keep that in mind. Needless to say my preference will always go for functionality and then aesthetics.

[quote=Turbanator;2414211]I will definitely recommend you to go for the front Forward Foot Control - in Chrome

I too like the clamshell position. Besides the footpegs are wide and being a heavy bike they come in the way of moving the bike with your feet, so the forward position would help there too.

Quote:
Sundowner Seat - the OEM one is simply too bad for anything - riding position and comfort is hugely compromised .
I saw a beautiful etched leather seat in brown, should go well with the maroon colour. Will check out the model you recommend too.

Quote:
I will also suggest you to go for Auxiliary Lighting Kit & the Bigger Horn - as you will find in the higher models
Strange you mention as yesterday when I was flipping through the catalogue the air horn caught my attention. I liked the claim that it was the loudest motorcycle horn

Will check out the auxillary lights too.

Quote:
the chrome finish is very difficult to maintain - try to be very careful especially in rains - better don't drive in water when engine is hot - i have few marks which simply don't go away as i once drove in rain ( coming from showroom after taking delivery ) .
I've already noticed that as I too had to ride back in post rain roads and some marks seem stubborn !! Planning on getting the chrome polish and spending lazy Sundays buffing the marks out

Quote:
Do buy the Cover - it costs about 8000 or so but is worth every penny
Jesus are Harley owners cut from the same block? Weird - I am agreeing to everything you and gthang said ! I was picking up the cover this afternoon !!!
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:49   #36
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKG View Post

Jesus are Harley owners cut from the same block? Weird - I am agreeing to everything you and gthang said !
We should start a Team Bhp HOG club.

Was going through the pricelist on Turbanator's post. Quite steep.

I mail ordered my forward controls and including shipping came to ~$500. It was not difficult to do the install at home.

If you are the kind of guy who likes to tinker with stuff (rhetorical, as your activities are well known on TBHp ), would suggest you order online and save quite a bit. The Dealer (Stealer?) is useful for engine and other hardware related stuff.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:07   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
including shipping came to ~$500.
Yes - you can save about 20 -30 % , even i thought of ordering through US but since there were lot of things which were having more volume than weight specially the Seat besides the Installation part - I negotiated with dealer that they waive installation charges to me on this order ... but yes if you need things urgently then its good option to order online

BTW - can you recommend the one from where you picked these & the details of the vendors please .
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:15   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Deepak sir, just too much of an eye candy.
Can't believe that after enchanting us all with your trip to Kashmir, you are now pushing the adrenaline in all of us through your Honda and Harley's

Got so eager through the unpacking pics. Great pics of your Super low, but why not the Iron ?
Old 2nd July 2011, 10:52   #39
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
but yes if you need things urgently then its good option to order online

BTW - can you recommend the one from where you picked these & the details of the vendors please .
Dunno about urgent need, because you have to allow at least 1-1.5 months for your order to arrive via USPS - Customs - Indian Post.

I just dug up the receipt for my forward controls, it was an ebay item, sold by Freedom HD, Denver, CO. There are several US HD dealers who have webstores and will ship international. Google is your friend

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:04   #40
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations DKG on your brand new Harley.

Waiting for more pictures and your experience with this fantastic bike.

Wishing you many years of happy and safe driving.
Old 2nd July 2011, 11:24   #41
Senior - BHPian

Woohoo - awesome and congratulations!

Nice packaging! Good luck with the bike
Old 2nd July 2011, 12:09   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Dunno about urgent need, because you have to allow at least 1-1.5 months for your order to arrive via USPS - Customs - Indian Post.

I just dug up the receipt for my forward controls, it was an ebay item, sold by Freedom HD, Denver, CO. There are several US HD dealers who have webstores and will ship international. Google is your friend

Cheers

Ride Safe.
If we buy from ebay is there any custom duty we need to pay?
For example if bike is 10K USD and shipping is 500$, then do we need to pay 10,500$ or any other cost there?
Old 2nd July 2011, 12:48   #43
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Harleys have always been a visual delight for me and I know much of the ownership experience will hinge on the countless hours spent polishing all that chrome and paintwork. Its a work of art, and its the detailing which impresses me most

After the post rain ride home I had washed the bike of some muck in the night and finished the "fine" cleaning in the morning and here are the pictures of the beauty. Love the Super Low's stance and styling ! Its a sweet Harley !!

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0049.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0050.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0051.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0052.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0053.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0054.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0055.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0056.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0058.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0059.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0061.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0064.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0065.jpg

A Harley dream comes true !!-img_0066.jpg

Last edited by DKG : 2nd July 2011 at 12:50.
DKG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2011, 12:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

Wow DKG from DK... word's are not coming out of my mouth.

1. How's the sound?
2. That deep mahroon looks a lot like black?
3. Total OTR price? any discounts/freebies?
4. Accessories planned? any photos of those accessories?

By the time I have money to burn, my fire will have burnt out. Luckily your fire is still burning.... and so is mine...

Last edited by dkaile : 2nd July 2011 at 12:58.
Old 2nd July 2011, 13:30   #45
Senior - BHPian

congrats DKG

can the handle bar be lowered from the current position ???/
simply_sunny001 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks