Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2011, 15:30   #61
BHPian

Re: Questions after booking the 2011 HD XL1200X Forty Eight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
She looks amazing in black and looks like you have already put on accessories!!! Good Stuff Avneesh, do post us regular updates and be careful with the ride.
How does she behave with doubles on? how do you find the suspension?
Thanks man. Yeah out of the stuff I had originally ordered, I have the pillion seat and footpegs, matching footpegs, hand grips and shifter peg. I also got the 'Dark Custom' derby cover and a lockable fuel tank cap. The major items are still remaining like the screaming eagle slip ons and heat shield and the side mount license plate.

I am looking to get the Dakota digital speedometer as it has a tachometer and gear indicator and looks way cooler than the stock speedo. I like the way its all blacked out when switched off. Installation is very simple so I can do it myself at home. I'll probably end up ordering it in a few weeks.

I only rode for about 8-10 kms with my wife last night. It was mostly sedate riding and no hard accelerations or sharp curves. I was confident the whole time even on bad roads. As far as the suspension goes, it is very hard and every bump on the road can be felt. One has to be careful about the road. I seriously think that on changing the seat comfort will be up by a huge margin. Handling wise I need more time to really make any comments. I am also waiting for my gear to arrive before I can ride the bike more seriously. Right now all I have is a skull helmet and that is definitely not enough protection.
Old 17th August 2011, 17:32   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avneeshj View Post
As far as the suspension goes, it is very hard and every bump on the road can be felt. One has to be careful about the road.
This was my sole reason in not going ahead with a 48. Features otherwise its really good and worth it, a very good bike for the 1200CC category, probably you want to try Silicon Gel Seats to give you a better cushion?
Old 19th August 2011, 17:03   #63
BHPian

Quote:
This was my sole reason in not going ahead with a 48. Features otherwise its really good and worth it, a very good bike for the 1200CC category, probably you want to try Silicon Gel Seats to give you a better cushion?
I am thinking of changing to the two up rear shocks from HD to help the ride quality. I don't know how much better it'll make the ride as it's much worse for the pillion than me. I have been OK with the ride so far as I was sort of expecting it. The seat definitely needs to be changed though.

I have a list of 5-6 upgrades that I want to do on my bike and will slowly do those over the coming months.

All my gear is stuck with customs at Mumbai. I guess I just have to wait and watch. :(
Old 19th August 2011, 18:52   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of changing to the two up rear shocks from HD to help the ride quality.
The seat definitely needs to be changed though.
All my gear is stuck with customs at Mumbai.
Do check/plan it out properly as the shock absorbers are quite an expensive affair, probably you know best by querying it across the HD Forums. For the gear they would be looking for actual receipts/transactions before they release it for postals departments. Customs calculate it 26% (includes the cost + shipping) and postal dept would charge you 1.5% of the total (cost+shipping+customs) as shipping & handling charges. But yes its time consuming process.
Suggest you to give them a call to chase it up as they usually allow 15 days time for the consignee to provide/furnish relevant details.
Old 25th November 2011, 09:45   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I am thinking of changing to the two up rear shocks from HD to help the ride quality. I don't know how much better it'll make the ride as it's much worse for the pillion than me. I have been OK with the ride so far as I was sort of expecting it. The seat definitely needs to be changed though.

I have a list of 5-6 upgrades that I want to do on my bike and will slowly do those over the coming months.

All my gear is stuck with customs at Mumbai. I guess I just have to wait and watch. :(
Hi Avneesh,

any further updates on your bike. Just as a heads up i think looking at alternative shocks like progresive, (Motorcycle Suspension :: Motorcycle Springs :: Progressive Suspension) alternatively you can also check out this site Custom & Chopper Motorcycles | Harley Davidson Accessory | A R Harley & Sons Ltd | India they have a india number, the 412 from progressive should do the trick.

by the way have also booked a 48.
Old 26th November 2011, 11:40   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv View Post
Hi Avneesh,

any further updates on your bike. Just as a heads up i think looking at alternative shocks like progresive, (Motorcycle Suspension :: Motorcycle Springs :: Progressive Suspension) alternatively you can also check out this site Custom & Chopper Motorcycles | Harley Davidson Accessory | A R Harley & Sons Ltd | India they have a india number, the 412 from progressive should do the trick.

by the way have also booked a 48.
Congrats on your 48!

I haven't had a chance to ride my bike for about a month now. My brother had a small accident with the bike and since then it has been sitting at home. Thankfully he got away with bruising and scratches with a few stitches. The bike had scratches on the engine guard, right grip and lever, my black SE slip-ons and the right indicator. The right indicator is slightly bent downwards now and will be changed. The mood around the house regarding the bike hasn't been positive and plus I wanted to get it back to its shiny state before I rode it again. Repairs are being scheduled and got delayed due to some issues of registration which took a while to get resolved pending which insurance claim couldn't be made. Also the fact that in last 3 weeks I have spent maybe 4 days at home hasn't helped.

I do keep walking out to it and starting it up just to hear that wonderful sound and letting it idle. I am thinking I'll take it out tomorrow morning.

I have gotten myself a set of Progressive 440HD. They are sitting in my room waiting to get on the bike. I am thinking of doing that while the rest of the repairs happen. I have a lot of things planned for the bike but before I start on any of that I need to ride it more.
Old 27th November 2011, 09:35   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your 48!

I haven't had a chance to ride my bike for about a month now. My brother had a small accident with the bike and since then it has been sitting at home. Thankfully he got away with bruising and scratches with a few stitches. The bike had scratches on the engine guard, right grip and lever, my black SE slip-ons and the right indicator. The right indicator is slightly bent downwards now and will be changed. The mood around the house regarding the bike hasn't been positive and plus I wanted to get it back to its shiny state before I rode it again. Repairs are being scheduled and got delayed due to some issues of registration which took a while to get resolved pending which insurance claim couldn't be made. Also the fact that in last 3 weeks I have spent maybe 4 days at home hasn't helped.

I do keep walking out to it and starting it up just to hear that wonderful sound and letting it idle. I am thinking I'll take it out tomorrow morning.

I have gotten myself a set of Progressive 440HD. They are sitting in my room waiting to get on the bike. I am thinking of doing that while the rest of the repairs happen. I have a lot of things planned for the bike but before I start on any of that I need to ride it more.
Hi avneesh,

sry to hear about your brothers accident and thanks he got away with minor bruises.
Yesterday was at the HD showrrom to complete paper work and finalise a few of the accessories had the front guard installed. however, was in double mind reading your thread i think have made a wise investment in having them installed.
How did you get the progressive's, what size and how much did it cost you and howmuch was the delivery time.

have the delivery of mine in the next 2 days.
Old 27th November 2011, 17:14   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvluv

Hi avneesh,

sry to hear about your brothers accident and thanks he got away with minor bruises.
Yesterday was at the HD showrrom to complete paper work and finalise a few of the accessories had the front guard installed. however, was in double mind reading your thread i think have made a wise investment in having them installed.
How did you get the progressive's, what size and how much did it cost you and howmuch was the delivery time.

have the delivery of mine in the next 2 days.
Yeah the guard is a good thing to have. Saved his leg from fractures/burns. I got the Progressive 12 inch HD ones from the US through a family member who was traveling. Next Sunday is when I'll be installing them with a friend of mine. Price I'll have to check as it was a while ago that I ordered them. I searched a few US sites and ordered it with whoever had the cheapest deal.

It's great that your delivery is so close. Which color did you get? Is this the 2012 model with the new tank graphics? It's an amazing bike this. You'll love it.
Old 28th November 2011, 09:44   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah the guard is a good thing to have. Saved his leg from fractures/burns. I got the Progressive 12 inch HD ones from the US through a family member who was traveling. Next Sunday is when I'll be installing them with a friend of mine. Price I'll have to check as it was a while ago that I ordered them. I searched a few US sites and ordered it with whoever had the cheapest deal.

It's great that your delivery is so close. Which color did you get? Is this the 2012 model with the new tank graphics? It's an amazing bike this. You'll love it.
I got the yellow color. well looks like the 2012 model that i see on the US site
(Sportster Forty-Eight XL1200X | Dark Custom | Harley-Davidson USA).

so with the progessive 12" what kind of a height increase do you anticipate. i was contemplating to install the 13" one. also raise the from fork to match. second round would try the ricor intiminator have seen good review on this forum of the same. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...iminators.html)
just waiting till Tuesday for the delivery.
Old 28th November 2011, 10:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your 48!

I haven't had a chance to ride my bike for about a month now. My brother had a small accident with the bike and since then it has been sitting at home.
Woops sorry to read about this Avneesh, hopefully once the bike has been completely repaired and back to its old self the vibes around it increases within your family. How did it happen though? was it a case of breaking too hard on gravel...
Old 29th November 2011, 15:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
I got the yellow color. well looks like the 2012 model that i see on the US site
(Sportster Forty-Eight XL1200X | Dark Custom | Harley-Davidson USA).

so with the progessive 12" what kind of a height increase do you anticipate. i was contemplating to install the 13" one. also raise the from fork to match. second round would try the ricor intiminator have seen good review on this forum of the same. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...iminators.html)
just waiting till Tuesday for the delivery.
Yeah that is the 2012 with the new graphics. Progressive 12" shouldn't have a height increase as stock shocks are 12" also. I ordered these exact ones Progressive Suspension 440 Series 12" Black Rear Shocks Harley Davidson Dyna, Sportster, & Touring

Do let me know what you think of the intiminator. I haven't thought anything about the front yet, will decide that once I ride more with these progressives on. Do post pics of your bike when you get delivery.

Quote:
Woops sorry to read about this Avneesh, hopefully once the bike has been completely repaired and back to its old self the vibes around it increases within your family. How did it happen though? was it a case of breaking too hard on gravel...
There was a cut about 1.5 feet width all across the width of the road for laying some cable or whatever. The people working on it then filled it up with loose soil all the way till it made a small speed breaker of loose dirt. My brother was going slow and mindful of this but while going over this he lost his balance and fell. I think he might have tried braking also for all I know. It wasn't something VERY different from what is often seen on Indian roads but I guess he lost his balance.
Old 29th November 2011, 19:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It wasn't something VERY different from what is often seen on Indian roads but I guess he lost his balance.
Sigh that's bad not sure when our civic agencies get some sense and ensure work is completed maintaining the right standards. how much is the costs that has been estimated from HD?
Old 30th November 2011, 08:45   #73
BHPian

Do let me know what you think of the intiminator. I haven't thought anything about the front yet, will decide that once I ride more with these progressives on. Do post pics of your bike when you get delivery.

i liked the intiminator and Vibranators for 2 reasons one it increases the height of the front and 2 it removes the vibration from the front handle. have written to them shall let you know when i get a revert.
Old 30th November 2011, 09:29   #74
BHPian

Quote:

i liked the intiminator and Vibranators for 2 reasons one it increases the height of the front and 2 it removes the vibration from the front handle. have written to them shall let you know when i get a revert.
Dood get in touch with tbhp memeber "gthang" he has intiminator on his 1200N & he vouches for it...Dig up his thread & you'll find how to install it also, he has posted pics of it
Old 30th November 2011, 09:36   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrini78 View Post
Dood get in touch with tbhp memeber "gthang" he has intiminator on his 1200N & he vouches for it...Dig up his thread & you'll find how to install it also, he has posted pics of it
thanks shrini,

actually read through the thread and also have taken contacts from that thread also my expectations are based on his experience.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks