Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2006, 22:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Ever heard of Ranjeet Motors?! A friend of mine got his bike 'modified' from them. Its now a Suzuki Hayabusa. Will try getting pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
To each his own guys. Agreed that many guys here would be performance oriented who wudnt wanna add an extra nut or bolt that would decrease their bike's performance. But there are others who care just about looks and wouldn't mind spending that extra buck to make their econo-bikes look like their dreambikes (without worrying abt paying a bomb on maintainence and spares).
I agree to this. This friend is very happy with the modification. So its all about choice and one's happiness and where one wants to spend his own money.

But I'd stay far away from such stuff.
Old 27th February 2006, 22:11   #32
Senior - BHPian

Well we dont know for sure how much this bike packs. If its a charisma modification, and if the guy is able to take two charizma engines output and put it on one bike in 2 lakhs than u get not only a nice looking machine, but also 30 bhp on your tap. Still miles away from SBKs but pretty decent on Indian roads, what say?
Old 28th February 2006, 00:03   #33
BHPian

I must admit that the quality of work is awesome, he must be real good with his fiberglass moulds, but i really think he should start making add-on kits for our bikes to look like better versions of themselves rather than making them look like things they can't match on the performance platform........ by making a Karizma/Pulsar/CBZ look like an R1 kills a very good basic bike.......... taking away it's identity!!!
Old 28th February 2006, 00:10   #34
BHPian

would he not have copyright problems???

because he is using the yamaha logo and the r1 tag on a totally different bike...
Old 18th December 2006, 18:52   #35
BHPian

a guy in coimbatore too makes such modifications ... but not a replica ... but seen his works on pulsar 180 ... takin few pounds and wide tires these are however all show and no go!!!!
Old 18th December 2006, 21:51   #36
BHPian

i would prefer to have this modded pulsar---
Indiacar.com - Buy/ Sell Cars, Prices, Research
Old 19th December 2006, 18:41   #37
BHPian

hmmmm impressive work no doubt but no my type.......
but just thinking.....what if the donor bike happens to be an RD350 ? you will have the 'go' with the show too !!!
Old 19th December 2006, 19:22   #38
BHPian

mod job or what ever,you are spending 3 times more than the bike cost and end up with a slowpoke bike.I have seen quiet a lot p150,cbz's modded into r1,busa look-alike and there are nowhere close to the real ones and those owner make skyhigh claims like saying it can do 140kmph..... No doubt,its fun to smoke these poser bikes.
Old 20th December 2006, 02:21   #39
BHPian

i read this article at xb.. this guys seriously does a good cosmetic mod job but seriously it aint worth spending 2k for that , ill rather buy 3 to 4 rd's with that kind of money.
Old 20th December 2006, 03:02   #40
Senior - BHPian

The person has taken up a lot of pain to do it and it looks fine except for the front fairing which looks ugly, have seen better " So called R1" jobs in Bangalore itself near JC Road, actually that one i thought it was an R1 while driving till i noticed the tiny disk brakes.
Good job, but however I have had a CBR600 F2 for 6 months and these bikes look like jokes to me, but for someone who is in for the looks and shock value for most people who can't differenciate between these and the real deal.
Old 20th December 2006, 10:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247 View Post
How embarrased will u be when a Comet comes next to u and smokes the $hit outta ur "BIG R1"
Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
Why comet ra??.................RXZ will do just fine
forget about the comet & RXZ. any 150 cc bike will kick these superbike's @ss

not worth spending 2 lacs. wud rather go for a comet which is a stunner in itself.
Old 20th December 2006, 14:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

2 lacs ??

One can buy a comet and spend max 15k on getting a nice and proportionate Fairing done and it would look and move quick, sad part is it does not sell anymore, but i feel even the comet's pricing is a little stiff, cos that bike is more like worth 1.25 L.
Old 10th January 2007, 01:07   #43
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hmm so now I should go get myself a nissan r34 skyline gtr kit for my car and believe that I have one...c'mon man the real things the real thing and thats it might as well put that money into making a faster bike dude than trying to look cool...thats so amateur...
Old 13th January 2007, 05:12   #44
BHPian

this just proves that india is full of copy cats isnt it ? tryin to copy somethin.. abroad when u modify for looks u try to make it look different , big nice and all that in a nice good way with great finish and all that . if ur spending 2 lacs one should get that ... but instead what do u get ? a cheap R1 lookalike with funny wheels , exhaust , stickering , seat , headllights and a engine that sounds like its been filled with soap water . these guys are just a disgrace man . ive seen countless people come up to big bike owners and ask us if its a modified pulsar ... can u imagine how irritating it is for a CRB/Busa/R1 owner ? its all cas of these unimaginative guys . im performance oriented . but i do like good looking bikes . but they have to look good and different and reek of orginality , quality and finish otherwise what is the point ?. y copy the complete R1 deseign ? a luna will out accelerate them and look better . the choice in wheels , end can and engine sound is a huge let down even with the so called good lookin lookalike busas and R1's . i would personally tip a bike like this over if i see it standing and stand on it to break all its fairing . its just lame.
Old 13th January 2007, 13:05   #45

Even in surat i see a **** loads of hayabussa replicas havent seen any r1 replicas but original is original and se the mod work it looks cheap

For two lakhs (Even when i dont see any chances of me having it ) i would definately go for comet atleast it looks something like ducati monster which i just love

Most Viewed