Team-BHP - R1 & hayabusa lookalikes for < Rs.2 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   R1 & hayabusa lookalikes for < Rs.2 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/10448-r1-hayabusa-lookalikes-rs-2-lakhs.html)

Yes, Now you can have your own r1 and hayabusa at a cost less than two lakhs.
I recieved my copy of bike india today.There is a article "Real To Reel".(pg126)
It is given that a man named Bobby modifies pulsors and karisma into r1 and is planning for a hayabusa replica too.I dont know where he is located.
But Recently i saw this shop a little away from carter road(bandra),there is this blue r1 parked in the shop that looks a little different.
I just wanted to know if this kind of work is legal or no. As it is a case of duplication.
I'll post some pics from the magazine tommorow evening:Shockked:

Gettin the bike to match the looks is not just enough, it'll be all show n no go. The bike's performance will just drop cuz of the added weight and the huge tyres that'll be used.

:Shockked: Nearly died of a heart attack .. Had i not clicked on the title, i would have gotten myself a cheque from dad to buy a SBK for less than 2L within seconds .. But all dreams cant come true , can it ..

Like karthik said , no point in having such lookalikes , only thing they do is give a cheap immitation (not even sure how good they look, if the ones at vahaan yatra are of any solace then id stay as far as possible from them) and move like a complete DUD .. I would prefer a stock looking pulsar/cbz than have a SBK lookalike .. Maybe its just me !!!!!

PS : Mods pls change the title of the thread to R1's and hayabusa looalikes for < 2L to prevent the others from having a heart attack too :Frustrati ...

I think its not worth. Its a complete "wannabe". You'd rather get a Bullet, a second 400cc or a Comet in that kind of money.

And 2lacs for a lookalike is way too much, SBK lookalike kits are available for as less as 20k. But whatever u do, i don't think u'll get the real superbike look

who gives a damn about the look, get the engine and lets try and get it working on some good indian chassis, wish that was possible.

manson.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SRK
Yes, Now you can have your own r1 and hayabusa at a cost less than two lakhs.
I recieved my copy of bike india today.There is a article "Real To Reel".(pg126)
It is given that a man named Bobby modifies pulsors and karisma into r1 and is planning for a hayabusa replica too.Shockked:

Thats the lamest thing I've heard in weeks :p

Man, when will people learn i think guyz who get this done may as well pay a shrink too to get them to stop fantasizing its like driving a red fiat and believing its a ferrari

actually this imitation has been going on since a while.at lamingtom road you see many of these bikes which according to me look pathetic no offence intended and as some one mention the performance will drop drastically with the increase in weight of the body kit and a much thicker tyre.
is it worth it....no way.rather spend even half that money on performance mods which will leave you much happier.

rev

For a sec, I was:

What the heck is the world coming to???

Quote:

Originally Posted by manson
get the engine and lets try and get it working on some good indian chassis, wish that was possible.

It is possible. Or it should be atleast.

Hi, i knew what your reaction would be like.
I have tried to take some pictures from the magazine,please bear with the poor quality of the photos.The only difference is that of lights and tyres,He is now planning for original lights.
1.The two replicas of r1.

2. The exhaust come from under the seat as in a real.

3.The speedos belong to herohonda glamour.

4. Even the yamaha logo is replicated.

If you liked it go catch this guy.

What next , A ferrari on an esteem?

How embarrased will u be when a Comet comes next to u and smokes the $hit outta ur "BIG R1" ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
How embarrased will u be when a Comet comes next to u and smokes the $hit outta ur "BIG R1" ;)

Why comet ra??.................RXZ will do just finelol: lol:

Very good effort no doubt.
But if I had a choice, I'd put my money on a Bullet, Comet or a stock Karizma than this.