Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2012, 08:26   #106
BHPian

Re: The Mean Green Big Kwacker Rides Home : My Kawasaki Ninja 650R

[quote=Frank Zappa;2938981]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
Hello Bhpians,

EBC HH Brakepads - There is a tremendous increase in the performance of the brakes, lots of improvements on the bite and stopping distance. A must have add on for all the Ninja 650r's

Stock clutch springs were upgraded to Barnett clutch springs.

Speed Freak,
Could you please share where you sourced the EBC pads from. I would like to put them on my 2012 Ninja 650.

Safe rides
Hi Frank,

This has been sourced from a dealer in BKK. PM me for more details
Old 15th February 2013, 09:22   #107
BHPian

My fellow Bhpians,

its been a year and a half with this mean machine, i have now clocked 11.5kms and i should say my riding has reduced drastically due to work.

however i still found time to pamper my kwacker, she now has a new set of tyres, also she has a full carbon wrap, i think she is probably one of the few or probably the first full carbon fiber wrapped 650r in the world, thank you seventh gear customs for a fantastic job.

adding some pictures to spice things up.
Attached Thumbnails
The Mean Green Big Kwacker Rides Home : My Kawasaki Ninja 650R-ninja-carbon.jpg  

The Mean Green Big Kwacker Rides Home : My Kawasaki Ninja 650R-ninja-carbon1.jpg  

The Mean Green Big Kwacker Rides Home : My Kawasaki Ninja 650R-photon.jpg  

Speed-Freak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2013, 09:50   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Freak View Post
she now has a new set of tyres, also she has a full carbon wrap, i think she is probably one of the few or probably the first full carbon fiber wrapped 650r in the world, thank you seventh gear customs for a fantastic job.
Looks wicked SpeedFreak. Reminds me of street hawk

Mind sharing how much the wrap job costs?
Old 15th February 2013, 11:31   #109
Senior - BHPian

SpeedFreak that's really a wicked looking bike man! So much meaner (and sleeker) than the normal green colored one.

Love your wheels as well!

Did you get any wrinkles/creases in the wrap on the corners and edges? I have seen a few "wrapped" bikes, and that is the one aspect that puts me off.
Old 15th February 2013, 11:51   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Looks wicked SpeedFreak. Reminds me of street hawk

Mind sharing how much the wrap job costs?
Hi n_aditya - Thanks a ton, i am yet to get the damages for the wrap ;-) shall let you know once i have it.

Hey ebonho,

Thanks buddy, the wrap is a very tough job especially carbon fiber since its a lot thicker than your regular matt black etc vinyls. There are a few places which does have creases but the ninja body has lots of curves and its almost impossible to have a smooth crease free install. The tank alone took a day and had to be done thrice.
Speed-Freak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2013, 10:56   #111
BHPian

Speed freak, the Bike is looking good with the wrap. Just curious as to how all the curvatures were done. Did they use the heat gun? I had my Skoda VRS bits and pieces like the front grill and the mirrors and some parts of the spoilers done from 3M at Andheri and it was not an easy job. As you have rightly pointed out the 3m carbon fibre wrap is thicker and not easy to lay. Did they get the tank out and wrap it or was it all done in place.
Which screen do you have? Is this the original with a film on it or is it an after market add on? Is it possible to install a film on the original?

Knowing what I spent on the 3M carbon wrap for my Skoda RS , you must have spent a packet and this is a pretty labour intensive job

safe rides!

Last edited by Frank Zappa : 16th February 2013 at 11:00. Reason: deleted the quote
Old 25th February 2013, 10:34   #112
BHPian

Hi Frank,

They did use a heat gun for the curvatures, the entire body work was dismantled for the job. The screen is a Zero Gravity- Stock replacement smoke screen, you can install a film on the stock one too, however the use of a heat gun could be a problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks