Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2011, 23:22   #1
BHPian

My Hyosung GT650R.

Hello all TeamBHP bikers!!

Would like to share my review with your'll and love to hear your feedback.

I had earlier visited Ronit Motors, Mumbai and I was glad to see the GT650R in flesh. The bike looked simply awesome and I was taken over from the moment I saw it.

I was sold out at the moment I saw the bike but when the mighty V-Twin engine roared on the first start up I couldn’t resist and paid the booking amount immediately. Later in June 2011, I was glad to hear that my bike has arrived and I could later take delivery of the bike after the registration was completed. I was glad to be one of the first few bikers in Mumbai to purchase this bike.

Engine

The engine is a 650cc 4stroke, Double Overhead Camshaft, Water cooled sporting 4 valve per cylinder engine. The 90 degree V-Twin cylinder produces around 72bhp of power. The performance from the bike is as expected i.e. mind blowing. A slight twist of the throttle and you will be easily doing speeds over 120kmph.The power delivery is smooth and responsive; it will surely bring a smile on your face after every ride.

Transmission

The bike has a 6 speed gearbox sporting a combination of 1Down- 5up gears change. Never while riding has there been a false neutral and thus I can say that the gear shifting process has been accurate and precise.

Frame

The GT has a trellis type twin-spar frame, which offers great riding comfort at all speeds. It has a slim saddle which offers good comfort. The kerb weight of the bike is 215kg which makes it bit heavy to ride at slow speeds.

Suspension and Brakes

It has Upside Down Telescopic forks in the front and Monoshock suspension at the rear. The front offers compression and rebound damping while the rear is preload adjustable. The front brakes are double disc 300mm while rear is single disc 280mm, this kind of braking system brings the bike to a immediate stop without compromising on stability and handling. Tyres offered are Bridgestone Battlax BT56 which are exceptionally good. The front width of the tyre is 120mm wide while that of the rear is 160mm. However both front and back are tubeless radial tyres.

Aesthetics

The GT is definitely eye catching bike and everyone will give a second look to the bike. The ruby red single tone color gets most stares. The vertically stacked lights not only offer good lighting but also give a bit DUCATI 999 like look to it. The thread pattern on the tyres looks meaty enough to tackle any terrain. The huge 17litre tank is massive and the most noticeable part of the bike.

Price

On-road Mumbai cost is 5.51Lacs.

Verdict

Anyone who is looking for more performance should consider looking at the GT650R bike. Initially I was considering the Ninja 650R but it lacked the styling and ergonomics of a Super Sport bike so I didn’t consider it. The GT650R produces most of the power under 9,000rpm so power is easily accessible without having to the rev the bike too high. Even riding the bike at 7,000 rpm, I didn’t feel vibrations from the engine. The Quality level on 2011 GT650R has greatly improved compared to the earlier Comet GT250 sold here. I’m happy with my decision of buying GT650R and also with the services offered from the dealers. All in all, I am very happy with my decision. Here is hoping that my bike delivers what it is meant for i.e. sheer power and style.

-Melroy Alphonso
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyosung GT650R.-12.jpg  

My Hyosung GT650R.-dsc08018.jpg  

My Hyosung GT650R.-dsc08023.jpg  

My Hyosung GT650R.-4.jpg  

My Hyosung GT650R.-2.jpg  

melroyal is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 05:21   #2
BHPian

Re: My Hyosung GT650R.

Congrats on your purchase and I am happy to see a satisfied biker. you need to give more and more details on the thread and should ensure that the thread does not die a natural death. Many would like to know the ownership and customer service review and since you are one of thefirst few who have received this bike, your feedback would be of utmost imp.
Old 9th August 2011, 08:14   #3
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 10th August 2011 at 15:42.
salunkhe.vizz is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th August 2011, 08:32   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
Here is hoping that my bike delivers what it is meant for i.e. sheer power and style.

-Melroy Alphonso
Not sure about power, cause some of us mortals will never get to drive such a beast, but it sure does deliver on style! Visited the showroom just to see the bike, and was pleasantly surprised. The dimensions and looks sure does resemble a full-blown litre class bike! A big head turner for sure!

Congrats Melroy!
Old 9th August 2011, 09:45   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on your two wheeled beauty man! It sure does ooze character.

Ride safe. Wishing you many happy miles with her.
Old 9th August 2011, 09:55   #6
BHPian

This bike looks amazing, I just love the exhaust note and butch styling. IMHO this looks a tad better than the 650R.
Old 9th August 2011, 09:58   #7
BHPian

Hi melroyal, that's a sweet ride you got there! As mentioned by others, please keep us updated on the ownership experience since both the bike and brand and new to the country.

Also, throw some light on the gear you've invested on to ride the beast.

Happy and safe motoring.
Old 9th August 2011, 11:55   #8
BANNED

Oh the bike looks good,hyosung has done a good job.
Side view rocks.
Front view,mmm I am not too sure,would have loved a meaner sharper looking headlight unit,little more pointed and just a little lower front cowl.
Then it would have given those ' I mean buisns ' kind of looks.
Any way take it to a track if and when you can, and ride like a 'dog on rabies'
That would tell you what you have paid for.
Old 9th August 2011, 12:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Melroy, that is one heck of a ride. Does Hyosung have any lower models like 250 ?
Old 9th August 2011, 13:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats. Very stunning looking bike. Would look forward for the ownership reviews. I believe first Hyosung on tbhp.
Would love to see some good pics of the bike.

@esteem_lover,
I read in some other forum that they are indeed planning to get 250 also. Don't remember which forum.
Old 9th August 2011, 13:34   #11
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Melroy! Welcome to the V-twin clan! Would be interested to hear about the handling characteristics and your riding impressions. Glad that you didn't notice/feel the vibrations at higher rpms. Most of the folks who have test-ridden have mentioned this as a sore point. And how do you feel about Garware motors? Are they technically competent?

For everybody here, it would also help if you can pen down the service and maintenance schedules and reports of your bike however trivial it may be.

All the best and wish you many miles of riding pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
. Does Hyosung have any lower models like 250 ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
I read in some other forum that they are indeed planning to get 250 also. Don't remember which forum.
Its in the pipeline but not until next year. Besides, they need to first get the dealerships rolling and then think of launching other bikes in their stable
Old 9th August 2011, 14:11   #12
Senior - BHPian

Melroyal,
So finally we get to see your ownership thread started off, makes good reading. Hope to see you keep you updating this thread with all your exploits with her
Many congratulations and happy logging miles with smiles
Old 9th August 2011, 15:26   #13
Team-BHP Support

Wow, finally someone comes up with an ownership thread on the GT650R! And it just had to be you, I lost track of how many pictures you posted of this bike pre launch on a social networking portal. Congratulations mate.
I have been meaning to check this baby out to draw an unbiased comaprison between this and the the famed Ninja, but have just been off motorcycles, or even anything automobile for the last couple of months.
Melror, I would be closely watching your thread and am particularly interested to know if you booked your steed before or after the launch of the Ninja.
Old 9th August 2011, 15:50   #14
BHPian

Congratulations Melroy!!!

The bike looks really beautiful, especially in red. Do keep us posted on the ownership experience, cost of running (maintenance & service) and the after sales service as you keep on munching the miles.

This thread will be closely tracked by many on board along with Bike/Speed Freaks thread on the Ninja 650 to understand what comes closest to what they are looking for from their next ride. Both are great bikes and offered at a beautiful price band, but again two different machines built for different people.

Keep writing and please keep the thread garnished with loads of pics of this Lady in Red.

Ride Safe & Enjoy!!!

Last edited by mantrig : 9th August 2011 at 15:53.
Old 9th August 2011, 17:48   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Congrats on your purchase and I am happy to see a satisfied biker. you need to give more and more details on the thread and should ensure that the thread does not die a natural death. Many would like to know the ownership and customer service review and since you are one of thefirst few who have received this bike, your feedback would be of utmost imp.
Customer serivice by Ronit motors,Mumbai was good.The delivery of the bike was done on time.Even the 1st servicing of the bike was done well by the service centre
Quote:
Originally Posted by salunkhe.vizz View Post
Congrats Melroy, that is one cool ride !
Thanks bro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Not sure about power, cause some of us mortals will never get to drive such a beast, but it sure does deliver on style! Visited the showroom just to see the bike, and was pleasantly surprised. The dimensions and looks sure does resemble a full-blown litre class bike! A big head turner for sure!

Congrats Melroy!
Yeah,it sure does look good.You will actually mistake it for a litre class bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
Congrats on your two wheeled beauty man! It sure does ooze character.

Ride safe. Wishing you many happy miles with her.
Thanks sachin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetblast101 View Post
This bike looks amazing, I just love the exhaust note and butch styling. IMHO this looks a tad better than the 650R.
Yeah bro it does look more sportier when compared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejus.s View Post
Hi melroyal, that's a sweet ride you got there! As mentioned by others, please keep us updated on the ownership experience since both the bike and brand and new to the country.

Also, throw some light on the gear you've invested on to ride the beast.

Happy and safe motoring.
Ownership experience till now has been good.I have already done the 1st service and bike feels much better to ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
Oh the bike looks good,hyosung has done a good job.
Side view rocks.
Front view,mmm I am not too sure,would have loved a meaner sharper looking headlight unit,little more pointed and just a little lower front cowl.
Then it would have given those ' I mean buisns ' kind of looks.
Any way take it to a track if and when you can, and ride like a 'dog on rabies'
That would tell you what you have paid for.
Glad you liked the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Congrats Melroy, that is one heck of a ride. Does Hyosung have any lower models like 250 ?
There is news that Garware motors will launch Hyosung 250cc bikes here next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Congrats. Very stunning looking bike. Would look forward for the ownership reviews. I believe first Hyosung on tbhp.
Would love to see some good pics of the bike.

@esteem_lover,
Thanks rk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Congrats Melroy! Welcome to the V-twin clan! Would be interested to hear about the handling characteristics and your riding impressions. Glad that you didn't notice/feel the vibrations at higher rpms. Most of the folks who have test-ridden have mentioned this as a sore point. And how do you feel about Garware motors? Are they technically competent?

For everybody here, it would also help if you can pen down the service and maintenance schedules and reports of your bike however trivial it may be.

All the best and wish you many miles of riding pleasure

Its in the pipeline but not until next year. Besides, they need to first get the dealerships rolling and then think of launching other bikes in their stable
Yes there are vibes present at 7,000rpm and higher.But most of the power delivery is available around 5,000 to 6,000rpm without necessary having to rev it very high.
Yeah bro they are technically competent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Melroyal,
So finally we get to see your ownership thread started off, makes good reading. Hope to see you keep you updating this thread with all your exploits with her
Many congratulations and happy logging miles with smiles
Thanks bro for the compliments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Wow, finally someone comes up with an ownership thread on the GT650R! And it just had to be you, I lost track of how many pictures you posted of this bike pre launch on a social networking portal. Congratulations mate.
I have been meaning to check this baby out to draw an unbiased comaprison between this and the the famed Ninja, but have just been off motorcycles, or even anything automobile for the last couple of months.
Melror, I would be closely watching your thread and am particularly interested to know if you booked your steed before or after the launch of the Ninja.
When I had booked the GT in the month of April.I was fully aware of the N650R arrival in the coming months.I did a bit of research on the internet,I was not too happy with the styling and the sound of the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
Congratulations Melroy!!!

The bike looks really beautiful, especially in red. Do keep us posted on the ownership experience, cost of running (maintenance & service) and the after sales service as you keep on munching the miles.

This thread will be closely tracked by many on board along with Bike/Speed Freaks thread on the Ninja 650 to understand what comes closest to what they are looking for from their next ride. Both are great bikes and offered at a beautiful price band, but again two different machines built for different people.

Keep writing and please keep the thread garnished with loads of pics of this Lady in Red.

Ride Safe & Enjoy!!!
Thanks bro.I have already done the first service.It costed Rs 2,150 which included engine oil change and replacement of oil filter.
Attached Thumbnails
My Hyosung GT650R.-gt-service.jpg  

melroyal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed