Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 17:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Congrats coolboy, I am really glad for you. The young pilot will be flying low.
Please also share the initial trouble you faced with some small niggling issues and Hyosung's response on the same
Thanks Bandhav, low flying is injurious to career , i will explain everything in my first impressions regarding the bike, issues and the resolutions by Hyosung people.

Quote:
If not for Azharuddin's son's freak accident, we would have been very much looking at a liter class bike. As coolboy was all set to get something even bigger.
Haha, not really brother. I didnt have the resources and nor mt father is rich and foolish to gift me a litre class at this stage, i really dont deserve it right now. I will get it some day when i get a job.

If it would have been a litre, would have been a second hand non legal import which i really didnt want to get into.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Congratulations coolboy on your new ride. Like @mayankk said you do look like the Stig in the outfit
STIG - thanks a lot...

Quote:
Can you post some pics of the bike alone please?. The colour looks great, happy mile crunching and drive safely. Good to see that you have the safety gear in place, how much did the accessories cost you. Happy long drives then.
Bike alone - hardly any because am not leaving her alone for now. Always near her or on top of her. The accessories, i mean riding gear costed somewhere around a 1000$ that too thanks to the good prices in usa.
coolboy007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2011, 18:40   #17
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Coolboy - That's one cool buy. Many congratulations!!! I can imagine how I was at 19 with an RX100 asking Mommy and Daddy money for petrol...lol! Great dedication shown there to bring the V-twin monster home.

Am sure you will pen down your experiences and all the little aspects of the bike as you clock the miles, so I'll save those questions for future.

Wish you many miles of safe riding pleasure!

P.S - no offense, please try not to sit on the bike when its on side stand

Last edited by JVH : 30th September 2011 at 18:41.
Old 30th September 2011, 18:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
.........I started convincing them somehow and after a lot of persuasion and request i was gifted a 220 by my father but he took me to karol bagh and bought me a helmet and gloves before handing it over to me with a strict warning that the day he catches me speeding or receives a challan on my bike, he would just sell it off with no questions asked.
Man, what I'd give to see more dads like this - who really care for their son's passion as well as show him the first and important steps to motorcycling! Hats off to your dad!!

And congratulations friend. I can only imagine the joy in saving up and contributing to get something like this. No words can express that feeling!

Good luck and ride safe!
Old 30th September 2011, 21:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Coolboy - That's one cool buy. Many congratulations!!! I can imagine how I was at 19 with an RX100 asking Mommy and Daddy money for petrol...lol! Great dedication shown there to bring the V-twin monster home
Thanks JVH, even i ask for petrol money bro as i had just 2500 in my bank out of which i spent 1000 for party and the FE figures are dropping day by day as throttle is being increased.
Quote:
P.S - no offense, please try not to sit on the bike when its on side stand
Advice taken, i didnt want to for the fear of making the bike fall down but my friend wanted to me to pose that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Man, what I'd give to see more dads like this - who really care for their son's passion as well as show him the first and important steps to motorcycling! Hats off to your dad!!
Thanks naveen, i really respect and love him for what he has done. There would be a very dads in this world who would let their, let that apart buy their son a 650cc machine at the age of 19 so it really means a lot to me and he taught me biking himself

Quote:
And congratulations friend. I can only imagine the joy in saving up and contributing to get something like this. No words can express that feeling!
Thanks buddy.
Old 30th September 2011, 22:11   #20
BHPian

What a wonderful experience. Congrats ! The Riding gear looks really good.

Whenever i see a 600cc or a litre class bike on the forum, I tell to myself. "Hmm..someday...someday". 19 years and you have such a big bike. Ride safe. Like spidey's uncle said - with great power comes great responsibility.

I had a pulsar 180 when i was 19 years old. That was my first bike and i relate to your experience. I had quite a major accident too an year later and was strictly told 'no more bikes' from my parents and ended up driving cars since. But i still have a burning desire to get a litre class bike sometime. Lets see if it all works out.

PS : You had decided on the i20 Crdi which incidentally happens to be my car now. Cheers!
Old 1st October 2011, 20:10   #21
Senior - BHPian

My earlier post got deleted to images being uploaded elsewhere so uploading them again on Tbhp server.

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1128.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1135.jpg

He is the man who has made it possible - my father
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1192.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1198.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1232.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1250.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_1283.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-murthal-3.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-287264_2459325926772_1360881786_32883062_2100566184_o.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-327897_2459090960898_1360881786_32883054_805771755_o.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimified
What a wonderful experience. Congrats ! The Riding gear looks really good. PS : You had decided on the i20 Crdi which incidentally happens to be my car now. Cheers
Thanks kimi, i hope you get your litre class bike sometime very soon and as for i20 , well thats a co-incidence and when ever a white i20 passes by my heart really beats for it, its a lovely car.
coolboy007 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 21:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

I will give in my first impressions here as promised before, would try to feed in all the details i can about various factors associated with the bike and jot down about everything in detail.

Engine and transmission
I wont get into the tech specs as you can all see them online. It is detuned for India and produces 73 bhp and around 60 NM of torque. This being a V twin engine is famous for its huge torque and also vibrations which i will get into later.

This has power way lower in the revv range, this is a torquier engine and even a slight twist of right wrist propels the bike forward. Me being a car guy and a owner of 220, controlling it for the initial stages was a lot tougher. Even in 1st gear the bike touches 30-40 kmph with ease. 100 km/h feels like a joke and the bike reaches triple digit speeds within the flick of an eye.

The power delivery is a little jerky, not so much as the reviews suggest, its jerky only in the 1st gear and afterwards the torque rush takes over. Havent revved it too much as its in run in phase - have opened it up only once, just opened the throttle and after 6K RPM things go blurry, reaction time gets finished and the feeling just cant be explained, the acceleration is mind blowing.

As for the transmission its a 6 speed, 1 down 5 up configuration and the gearshifts have been smooth for now. No issues on this front, after heating up a lot the bike does have some problem slotting into 2nd, it gets into neutral from first and then you revv like a fool

Braking ,Handling, Suspension
The front has twin discs with 6 callipers and the rear has a single disc set-up.
In short the brake feels is just superb, even with the front being so heavy the bike is composed and stable under hard braking. No complaints in this department, its superb.

I took it till a good 14-15 k speeds which i wont mention here and the bike was steady as it could be and the wind blast wasnt as much.

Coming to handling - i havent leaned into corners much because am not entirely comfy with the bike till now, just some straightline runs and a few leans and i can say that on straightlines this thing is just so stable. 100-120 feel like 60-70 until you see the speedo and realize the speeds you are doing, due to its weight throwing it into corners is a little difficult but once done the huge rear tyre helps in gripping the roads well inspiring confidence.

The suspension - well i never really looked into this section carefully so i would reserve my comments for later. The bumps get transferred up and the wrist starts paining badly. Small potholes dont even make their presence felt thanks to the tyres and suspension.

Looks
I dont need to say more, she looks beautiful. On the road i have seen people still oggling at my bike even after the light turns green and a guy shouting from the car to stop me because he wanted to ask me "Where did i get my white ZMR modified from, mast lag rahi hai"

Its a looker indeed and the supersports seating and leaned position really attracts. Negative - you cant leave the bike alone at parking or people would molest it, have seen it myself.

NVH - Noise vibrations and harshness
The v twin sounds sweet with its rumble and atleast people wont say that this is poor exhaust note, whats there in it to be of 5 lakhs as all the want is Dhoom waali noise.

Coming to vibrations, this has been the most demanding topic and believe me is the most over hyped thing. Either the test bike was screwed or people expected R1 like refinement here. I have revved it till 8000 RPM in 3rd gear and i didnt feel vibrations to be so high that it could bother me, i had a pillion behind and he also said - No, what kind of vibrations so it speaks about it.

After 6000 RPM you wont even have time to feel the vibes, it just rockets past like a superbike should and all your senses are in front.

The harshness increases once the bike is in stop/go traffic and it heats up after an hour or so of running so maybe its due to the oil or what but i will get it checked with the mechanic.

After sales service
That was/is a big question mark with Garware and Hyosung but my experience has been pleasant as such till now. I had a issue with RVM's and some noise from tank and called the dealer, he didnt respond for 4 day so i mailed Garware people and within 12 hours i got a call and within 18 hours they sent a mechanic at my residence to replace the mirrors.

Mechanics coming to your home to correct/replace things speaks for the kind of service they want to provide and they are dedicated towards customer satisfaction. Its a long way to go but a good start.

If you want to know anything else, just let me know.
coolboy007 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2011, 22:01   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats!!

It is nice to see a youngster who is a matured and responsible rider.

Keep us updated as you clock more miles.
Old 2nd October 2011, 13:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats!!
It is nice to see a youngster who is a matured and responsible rider.
Keep us updated as you clock more miles.
Thanks mate, well i have just done 500 kms for now. Studies have been keeping me a lil busy, would update the thread as and when i cross the important milestones.
Old 2nd October 2011, 14:50   #25
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations coolboy007.

You are pretty mature at 19 and wish I was the same as you in that age. (I am not that old BTW )

One advise - Instead of going in for knee-pads, would suggest you to go in for riding pants. Yes, in-town commutes require a Jeans as you can pack your jacket & gloves, but safety being paramount, it is the way to go if you are riding outside city confines.

All the best
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Had gone for a ride with a few biker buddies to meet some mentally challenged children - though couldnt join them for a ride so just wished them luck, donated and had a good 8 lane expressway to myself thanks to the 2nd Oct holiday

Took the bike to 160 and had a few observations which i would like to mention :
1. After 6K RPM, the acceleration is scary, you really need concentration, presence of mind and 100% mindset to take any reflex action if the need arises as the reaction time would be extremely low - you just get thrown back.

2. Above 8K RPM, the V twin vibes creep up and one can easily feel them on the handlebars and footpegs - in 6th gear at 6000 rpm, the GT does around 141 which is more than enough and the bike is entirely smooth here.

3. After giving the bike a thrashing and once it heats up - the gearshift quality falls down - maybe its due to the oil or something else.

4. This is just so stable at high speeds even at 160 then bike was extremely extremely stable and the Bridgestones do really good under hard braking. No complaints here.

A few pics clicked by my friend -

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-289438_10150311057312832_587012831_7939597_29565813_o-1.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-321839_10150310948092832_587012831_7939212_1224845717_o.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations coolboy007.
You are pretty mature at 19 and wish I was the same as you in that age. (I am not that old BTW )
One advise - Instead of going in for knee-pads, would suggest you to go in for riding pants. Yes, in-town commutes require a Jeans as you can pack your jacket & gloves, but safety being paramount, it is the way to go if you are riding outside city confines.
Thanks a lot Sheel, heard you booked a CBR250? Congrats in advance buddy. I am also thinking of riding pants now as the knee guards scratches the tank really badly which i dont want to. Atleast on speed runs i can wear the pants - aghh riding one.

Last edited by manson : 27th October 2011 at 02:34.
coolboy007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 23:09   #27
BHPian

Congrats on getting the bike and commendable that you got it such a young age! Wish we all could.
Curious on the weight factor of the bike, especially at low speeds. Is it trouble controlling the bike considering that the whole foot does not touch the ground? (No offence meant - I am similarly endowed and hence ride an Eliminator!)
Old 4th October 2011, 09:59   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks a lot Sheel, heard you booked a CBR250? Congrats in advance buddy. I am also thinking of riding pants now as the knee guards scratches the tank really badly which i dont want to. Atleast on speed runs i can wear the pants - aghh riding one.
Yes, waiting for the silver, though if it doesn't turn up in a week, would pick up any. I can't stay w/o Motorcycles

Knee guards do chip the paint off. I have a Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2.0 riding pants and find them comfortable enough compared to my JR Ballistic 8.0 jacket.

Please keep updating the thread as and when you can.

Wishing you miles of happiness
Old 6th October 2011, 15:05   #29
Senior - BHPian

Did a quick 160 kms dash to Murthal via NH1 and back. Have vacations till 17Oct so just rang my friend and asked me if we could go at night and he obliged so left home at 9:30 and got stuck in traffic and trucks , the heat generated then was immense, radiations fans on all the while and i was dehydrating quickly and was all sweaty with full riding gear on, only once we hit the highway did i have some respite.

Hit the highways and realized how good the dual headlight projectors of the GT are, it was impossible to ride with the kind of light throw R15 was generating so we both started riding side by side for safety. Reached Murthal for dinner and answered atleast 30-40 people about which bike, how and the kind of respect one gets with bikes like these is enjoyable. One uncle said to to others "Say thanks to people like him who buy these bikes so we are also able to see these beautiful machines".

On the way back reached home in 1 hour covering 90 kms, hit 160 on the speedo on a very good lighted stretch and the GT was all raring to go forward but i backed off, the reaction time at these speeds is just zero and one mistake you are done away with. It was a 3-4 seconds but those seconds were the best of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
Curious on the weight factor of the bike, especially at low speeds. Is it trouble controlling the bike considering that the whole foot does not touch the ground? (No offence meant - I am similarly endowed and hence ride an Eliminator!)
Thanks. Well the weight is really huge, i almost dropped the bike once while taking a U turn and even pushing the bike behind with you on the bike and using your feet is a big task.
My foot doesnt completely touch the ground but am fine with it, hasnt caused any serious issue as such till now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Yes, waiting for the silver, though if it doesn't turn up Wishing you miles of happiness
What about your R15? All the best for your new ride, do buzz me if you ever come to this side of India, will have a ride. And i will check those pants, thanks.

Last edited by manson : 27th October 2011 at 02:35.
Old 6th October 2011, 16:50   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
On the way back reached home in 1 hour covering 90 kms, hit 18x on the speedo on a very good lighted stretch and the GT was all raring to go forward but i backed off, the reaction time at these speeds is just zero and one mistake you are done away with. It was a 3-4 seconds but those seconds were the best of my life.
Winner

Quote:
What about your R15? All the best for your new ride, do buzz me if you ever come to this side of India, will have a ride. And i will check those pants, thanks.
She is gone :( Had sold it thinking to buy the R15 V2, but after casually checking out the CBR's prices, the CBR became irresistible.

I shall let you know if I am around the NCR :-)
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks