Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2011, 12:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R

Congratulations on your buy. She is a beauty in white.

Ride safe You have an excellent career (Pilot, right?) waiting for you.
Old 8th October 2011, 17:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Found a new good feature in the bike which might be missing in others, read on some forums that when you use engine kill switch in bikes like Ninja 250R to switch the bike off at traffic lights and the ignition is still on "ON" then the radiator fans keep running which might drain the battery and you have to flick the key to "OFF" position.

In GT650R, when you use the engine kill switch to switch the bike off then the radiator fans also switch off despite engine being hot, only when you flick it back to the normal position then fans kick in so you dont have to flick with the ignition switch , nice one there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Congratulations on your buy. She is a beauty in white.Ride safe You have an excellent career (Pilot, right?) waiting for you.
Thank raVan , nice ID.
Thanks for your kind words, yeah i hope to start my career as a pilot next year when all my paperwork is complete.
Old 19th October 2011, 00:04   #33
Senior - BHPian

Got the first service done today - the total came out to Rs 3700 for 3 litres of Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil, change of oil filter and cleaning of air filter. Labour was free for the first service. Done 850 kms, busy with studies and work so no long ride from past 2 weeks, this Sunday would be a different story

The mechanics visited my home to do the service but Garware needs to improve the way this service is provided. They didnt have wrags to keep their hands clean and anything to store the removed oil so there is scope for improvement, the chaps were helpful, asked them a few things to do which got done.

1. Gearshifting a little hard - clutch adjusted and after the oil change its silky smooth.

2. Left mirror lose its setting, it hit a 100 cc fellow trying to do stupid things around me showing me his bike is superior - mechanic forgot to get the mirrors so he will do it next time, both RVM's will be replaced FOC under warranty.

3. Got the brakes cleaned with a spray - he had a brake cleaner spray and also advised me to keep foot off the rear brake lever as it engages on a slight touch and wears off the pad by 1000-1500 kms as many customers complained of it. The pads are in good shape for now.

4. Got the rear brake lever shifted to a more comfortable position with the riding boots - Done.

They couldnt get the bill as accounts section was closed, so just paid took signatures and now bill would be sent via mail. GT got dirtied up with black hands and greasy palms, will give it a wash tomorrow.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 19th October 2011 at 00:07.
Old 19th October 2011, 09:37   #34
BHPian

Congrats on the bike. How does it perform on high speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Found a new good feature in the bike which might be missing in others, read on some forums that when you use engine kill switch in bikes like Ninja 250R to switch the bike off at traffic lights and the ignition is still on "ON" then the radiator fans keep running which might drain the battery and you have to flick the key to "OFF" position.

In GT650R, when you use the engine kill switch to switch the bike off then the radiator fans also switch off despite engine being hot, only when you flick it back to the normal position then fans kick in so you dont have to flick with the ignition switch , nice one there.
I do not know about ninja 250R. But my 1000RR has this feature. Every superbike does.

Ride safe to fly high ahead!

My queries below in bold :
Quote:
2. Left mirror lose its setting, it hit a 100 cc fellow trying to do stupid things around me showing me his bike is superior.

Get used to it.
But please keep distance from them. When you get a clear road ahead. Vanish!

They couldnt get the bill as accounts section was closed, so just paid took signatures and now bill would be sent via mail. GT got dirtied up with black hands and greasy palms, will give it a wash tomorrow.

I suppose the wash is included in the service center? Please upload the bill once you have it.
And there goes my 200th post deedicated to your thread !! :P

Last edited by GTO : 20th October 2011 at 16:49. Reason: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another!
Old 19th October 2011, 14:26   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikon View Post
Congrats on the bike. How does it perform on high speeds?
Thanks a lot mikon, well straight line stability is excellent, it sticks like a leech to the roads, but you really need to keep an eye out for stray animals, etc

Quote:
I do not know about ninja 250R. But my 1000RR has this feature. Every superbike does.
Ride safe to fly high ahead!
Like the "ride safe to fly high", thanks bro. BTW, 1000RR, if you dont mind please PM me the link of your thread, its my favourite and dream superbike, just want to get it some day, heck even sitting on it and revving it still would give me wet dreams.

Ninja250R doesnt have it, an owner told me so.
Quote:
And there goes my 200th post deedicated to your thread !! :P
Glad its used here

I do the same but getting clear roads in the afternoon and evening is impossible, they win with their moto gp skills of going between cars and irritating car owners.

The wash is included yes but as the service was done at my home instead of service centre they couldnt wash the bike.

Last edited by manson : 27th October 2011 at 02:39.
Old 20th October 2011, 09:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got the first service done today - the total came out to Rs 3700 for 3 litres of Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil, .
Good to see your thread back in action, was the FS oil recommended by company or did you make the decision by yourself? For my efzee Yam guys recommended using Fully Synthetic only after 5000 Kms.
Old 20th October 2011, 09:51   #37
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, 1000RR, if you dont mind please PM me the link of your thread, its my favourite and dream superbike, just want to get it some day, heck even sitting on it and revving it still would give me wet dreams.
I dont have an ownership report yet! And yes it surely gives you wet dreams in broad daylight.

I forgot to ask. How is the engine heating during traffic? Is it managable? Sometimes in heavy traffic, i feel im on a oven
Old 20th October 2011, 12:53   #38
BHPian

Coolboy,your bike looks absolutely smashing!!!!Looks gorgeous in white!!!
I feel its better than the Ninja in terms of looks and the go aswell with only the forward biased posture and the after sales going against it (though this point might be debatable!!).

Do you have any plans of an after market exhaust or any othe mods???

Ooops!!!Forgot to mention the riding gear!!!That's ONE HELL of a kit that you've got there mate!!!!The AGV helmet is to die for!!!!Kudos to you for giving prime importance to safety.

I suggest you to buy riding pants (which'll go with your Astars).Since you don't prefer touring, it makes sense as you dont have to wear it over a long time.
Old 20th October 2011, 17:04   #39
BHPian

Congrats for your machine Coolboy
Definitely worth a buy. Its really excellent that you bought the gear along with the bike. because most of the people first buy the bike and then buy the gear in installments, not understanding that mishaps do't happen in installments. Way to go !!!
I want to hear about the touring performance of this bike. Have you done any so far ? How was the comfort, ground clearance(especially on Indian roads)
Did you also try the Kawasaki 650 before going in for this ?
Old 20th October 2011, 19:16   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Good to see your thread back in action, was the FS oil recommended by company or did you make the decision by yourself? For my efzee Yam guys recommended using Fully Synthetic only after 5000 Kms.
Well didnt do much riding for past 2 weeks so no updates, would be doing a 300 kms round trip on saturday.
The FS oil was recommended by Garware only, i had no special choices, they recommend only FS oil for GT so i went ahead without thinking much about running in etc, i dont completely believe in the running in method. Just easy on the engine for first 500 kms and then after 1000 am a free bird for every car and bike

Quote:
I dont have an ownership report yet! And yes it surely gives you wet dreams in broad daylight.
Cmon bro, make a new ownership thread, how much time would it take. The rumbling of an I-4 just cant be explained in words, ooofff..

Quote:
I forgot to ask. How is the engine heating during traffic? Is it managable? Sometimes in heavy traffic, i feel im on a oven
Ditto, its just that compared to a I-4 it feels am sitting on a oven of lower capacity. The jeans start getting hot and it becomes uncomfortable after 8-10 mins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefire View Post
Coolboy,your bike looks absolutely smashing!!!!Looks gorgeous in white!!!
Thanks porschefire, as for the Ninja yeah these 2 are different in categories but the Ninja in itself is a great great bike, the refinement and build quality cant be matched by Hyosung at present, its just that the Ninja didnt strike the chords of my heart so i didnt buy it, am not much of a tourer. Happy with weekend 200-250 kms dash.

Quote:
Do you have any plans of an after market exhaust or any othe mods???
Nopes, not right now courtest bank balance, until i hear something really sweet on a GT am not pretty looking forward to it. The after markets should come when i get a I-4 in future, the v twins wont make much of a difference, heck my friend said it sounds like a tractor

Quote:
Ooops!!!Forgot to mention the riding gear!!!
I suggest you to buy riding pants (which'll go with your Astars).Since you don't prefer touring, it makes sense as you dont have to wear it over a long time.
Thanks, am considering riding pants as well, hope they can save me from the heat a bit. Might be heading to US in feb-march so would pick it up, here everything is double the price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlitoz View Post
Congrats for your machine Coolboy
Definitely worth a buy. Its really excellent that you bought the gear along with the bike
Thanks Karlitoz, the gear came before as without it my father wouldnt even have given a penny to me for buying the bike and my profession requires that all my bones remain intact every single day.

Quote:
I want to hear about the touring performance of this bike. Have you done any so far ? How was the comfort, ground clearance(especially on Indian roads)
Did you also try the Kawasaki 650 before going in for this ?
Not toured much, just a 170 kms quick dash to the highway, dinner and back home in 3-4 hours. The seat is better, the bums dont hurt much but the supersports riding position puts a lot of strain on the wrists so after some time they do start paining, more so because my left wrist had a fracture last year and it pains some times.

The ground clearance is good enough but with a pillion, it scrapes badly if you dont slow down on big speed breakers.
Ninja 650 is a great bike but my age i preffered a so called sportsbike than a tourer, i really dont tour much. I didnt like the looks to be honest.
Old 24th October 2011, 13:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

I had gone for a ride ywsterday, did 170 kms with a few buddies on other bikes Ninja 250R and a CBR250R, clocked 19x km/h with all due respect to safety and was all geared up. The bike reaches high three digit speeds very quickly and is stable too but its just that i backed off as everything blurres out so quickly around you that even a fraction of second is crucial, you can at best do such speeds for 2 or 3 seconds thats it but still i wasnt completely happy with the bike, jerks while releasing clutch, hard gear shifts and huge vibes from tank were ruing that feel good factor, i wasnt impressed.

Meanwhile some good news
Got a call from the new dealer in Delhi - Delhi superbikes and asked me how i am and hows the bike doing, duly apologized for not calling on Fri as their technician came late and asked me to come today, meet him and also bring the bike as their technician was at the showroom and he would check the bike, i wasnt really interested because of the hopeless service till now but due to that chaps helping nature, i went there 30 kms in the heat to meet them.

They greeted me nicely, gave me water, pepsi followed by juice and then his technician asked me "Sir, can i take a test ride to check the faults and bike", see the level of professionalism while the other one right after changing oil sat on it and ripped it to 6-7k rpm even without heating up the bike - back to current day, i said yeah go ahead while i waited inside looking at the huge St7 and gorgeous GT650R in full red. He came back and said yes whatever i mentioned is there and he will do all he can for now as workshop is yet to open so the issues were :

1. Irritating noise from front visor -
Fixed - the radiant gurgaon svc forgot to put the rubber brackets while removing the visor due to which noise had increased - he fixed and now the noise is gone 95% - me happy

2. Hard gearshifts and getting stuck in N while shifting 1st to 2nd -

Fixed - the clutch was completely lose and gurgaon people were happily saying wow this clutch is so lose sir, good piece this is you got. Also he said no one puts grease in the clutch of sbks, only wax is used, this is not a 150cc bike - Blame Gurgaon people again.

Tremendous change in shift quality and somehow pickup has increased as well, am really enjoying the bike now, will get the clutch adjusted again when i go next time to my liking. The bike flies off any gear now, after the run in the engine has opened up as well.

3. Tank vibrating and moving when pressure applied from either side

Fixed - Tank removed and readjusted, this alone vanished the tank vibrations upto 90%, those guys at first service left in a hurry so they screwed everything.

They have even happily scratched the bike on both sides while fitting the tank , i will get hold of them very soon.

4. Left mirror lose and moves when the speeds are high

Not yet fixed - the mechanic tried to fix it to his best extent but said it would need a replacement, so when they open their workshop they would replace it for me. He has now tightened it using some techniques.

The new dealer is extremely helpful, courteous and they have really impressed me now. The technician they have hired also works on Busa and Goldwings so rest assured he knows his stuff which i could make out whereas the 18 yr old mechanic of other dealer people knows only how to change oil and scratch bikes

A new hope has kindled with this new dealer, they did everything, were so nice and helpful whereas i didnt even buy the bike through them, these are the kind of dealers Garware wants and from whom i bought they dont even care to give a call or reply - effin leechers.

P.S: I have all the proofs of my mail and call records nicely with me and am gonna send a written complaint to Garware as well as Radiant group about the poor attitude of their dealer right from sales till service end, they are so shameless that even the head of dealership didnt help me out, beat that, the owner is so rich with Porsche dealerships and all, wish i could get his mail id somehow, wish.

In the end am a happy man today and from now i would not even see the faces of those morons who ruined my ownership experience for the first 1000 kms, kudos to Delhi Superbikes , guys if you reading this, carry on and you all would succeed.

Ownership experience with the bike
The bike is performing well, no issues of any mechanical or electrical kind, it impresses me everytime i let the right wrist roll, the torque is present from 2000 rpm itself and past 3000 rpm it just lunges forward, take it past 6000 rpm in any gear and a brute force unleashes.

Everything is going smooth - as for kitna deti hai - its returning a healthy 20 kmpl + every single time i refuelled. Even with going to speeds well over 150, the bike is returning a good mileage.

Once while running in, i was sticking to 120-140 in 6th gear and the GT returned 24 km/l

Last edited by manson : 27th October 2011 at 02:44.
Old 24th October 2011, 14:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once while running in, i was sticking to 120-140 in 6th gear and the GT returned 24 km/l
This makes some good reading towards the end. Suggest you ought to reach out to the top brass and show them the apathy that has been showered on your bike. Glad that she is now doing OK with regards to the vibes.
Where are the scratches that you have mentioned? is it the underbody of the tank that has been badly scratched? Do put in a request to have it replaced as the problem was done with their inefficiency
Old 24th October 2011, 14:43   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
This makes some good reading towards the end. Suggest you ought to reach out to the top brass and show them the apathy that has been showered on your bike. Glad that she is now doing OK with regards to the vibes.
Thanks buddy, i wont talk to that old hopeless dealer now, am planning to send a written letter to Garware with record of all mails sent to dealer, attached and a warning to do something about it or else i will take the matters forward.
The vibes have been sorted out for good now.

Quote:
Where are the scratches that you have mentioned? is it the underbody of the tank that has been badly scratched? Do put in a request to have it replaced as the problem was done with their inefficiency
The scratches are on the right and left side panels running below the seat the one which has the "EFI" sticker on it. This was caused by their mechanic trying to fit the tank in a wonder way.

I will talk to them regarding this as well, though its not much visible but still thanks for bringing it to notice.
Old 24th October 2011, 15:25   #44
Team-BHP Support

A good bike's experience spoiled by buggers, shame. Make sure Garware/Hyosung know about this.

Scratches on tank due to mechanic?

Quote:
4. Left mirror lose and moves when the speeds are high

Not yet fixed - the mechanic tried to fix it to his best extent but said it would need a replacement, so when they open their workshop they would replace it for me. He has now tightened it using some techniques.
I have added a thicker washer of the same size as I was facing the same issue on my CBR. Try this if nothing else works.
Old 27th October 2011, 01:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
A good bike's experience spoiled by buggers, shame. Make sure Garware/Hyosung know about this
Am just waiting for my RC to come into my hands safely, once its done, see how i rip their clothes off with the mail i will send to Garware and the group as a whole

Quote:
I have added a thicker washer of the same size as I was facing the same issue on my CBR. Try this if nothing else works.
Can you explain a bit more about this or show me some photo or something on your thread, would be very helpful, thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks