Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2011, 08:40   #46
Team-BHP Support

Re: My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Am just waiting for my RC to come into my hands safely, once its done, see how i rip their clothes off with the mail i will send to Garware and the group as a whole
Sadly Honda didn't respond/acknowledge two mails sent to them by me.

Quote:
Can you explain a bit more about this or show me some photo or something on your thread, would be very helpful, thanks
When you look at your RVM, you will notice that the RVM mount on the fairing is put up via two (small) allen screws and the RVM is mounted on it by a larger allen screw, the single one.My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-unnamed-1.jpg

Take the RVM out with the help of allen key, but let the mount remain (the one with two allen screws). Once the RVM is out, you will notice it is supported by washers My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-unnamed.jpg of different sizes. Keep the size the same, but replace it with a bit thicker washer (shouldn't cost more than Rs.5 at a hardware shop). Attach them all back together and put the allen screw holding the RVM back with the RVM in place & tighten it. See if this works.

In case you are not very comfortable doing it yourself, take the help of your mechanic (the independent one), should do good & be enough
Sheel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 19:14   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Sadly Honda didn't respond/acknowledge two mails sent to them by me.
Thats bad, i heard that they always get back to customers but seems their mail box is full of emails from customers complaining about spares and service, only a matter of time until Honda responds and make everyone happy

Quote:
In case you are not very comfortable doing it yourself, take the help of your mechanic (the independent one), should do good & be enough
I am very bad with DIY so i will take his help only, special thanks buddy, will PM you if i have any doubt.
Old 27th October 2011, 19:18   #48
Senior - BHPian

For rvm getting loose, get a spring washer of same dimensions as the existing one. That should help.
Technocrat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 22:35   #49
Senior - BHPian

Ran into a small technical glitch yesterday, was thinking of going for a short ride on sunday so had to give the bike a good wash and polishing, it has completed 1400 kms now and demanded chain cleaning + lubing, cleaning and polishing of rims etc.

I started off with the water wash, just Amways car wash and water in a bucket and a cloth to wash it followed by a microfibre wipe to dry it up. I cleaned the seats and then for the safety of documents (keep it under rear seat), opened the rear seat to remove all papers, doing this some water seeped in near the electricals, i had no clue, refitted the seat and carried on. After finishing the job, came down to get her refuelled.

Ignition to ON, self check done, no fuel prime, i push starter- cranks nicely, no response from engine. The display shows "Che" and FI light was NOT lit. Did the self check again and engaged starter, engine just didnt fire, tried 7-8 times but nothing :

1. Had run 280 kms, thought maybe fuel is low, removed some fuel from my Pulsar 220 and into the tank of GT - still no engine start or fuel prime but self working nicely.

2. Checked near the wires and console if something got dislodged, by now i was getting frustrated with all this and cursing hyosung reliability. Thought of leaving the bike as it is till morning, try again and if nothing works call garware to tow the bike to service station.

3. Opened the seat again and blew some air into the fuses and two open electrical switches. Tried again and VOILA - the fuel prime noise comes and the v twin roars back to life with a single crank.

Now was it my foolishness to let even small water quantity enter near the rear seat electricals or bad on part of Hyosung-Garware to have kept some switches or electricals open which could give troubles.

I almost fried my starter trying to start it and every one gazing at me like am a fool
Old 13th November 2011, 23:49   #50
Team-BHP Support

It could also be a loose fuel pump connection, or a malfunctioing fuel pump relay. Be very careful over all electricals while giving the 650 a wash, do not go overboard with splashing body on the surface as it can often stay back in the not so accessible internal wires, metal parts that may start to corrode.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 23:53   #51
Team-BHP Support

@manson - Any pointers as to how to give these bikes a wash? I too don't keep on splashing water, but the steering cone set assembly is often a victim with the washing.
Old 14th November 2011, 00:24   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
It could also be a loose fuel pump connection, or a malfunctioing fuel pump relay. Be very careful over all electricals while giving the 650 a wash, do not go overboard with splashing body on the surface as it can often stay back in the not so accessible internal wires, metal parts that may start to corrode.
Thanks for the tip Manson. Well i dont splash water directly, the only victims of splashing are the front wheel and rear wheel which accumulate filth and dirt. A fully wet cloth with dripping water is what i use but as you say would be careful from now.

To frustrate me even more, the courier guy came upto me and said "modify karwake toh aisa hi hoga na, gaye paise waste" meaning i wasted my money getting the bike modified when the bike wasnt starting.

Had a 60-70 kms run after the incident and all seems fine but would be careful from now, just in case i get stranded somewhere.

Quote:
@manson - Any pointers as to how to give these bikes a wash? I too don't keep on splashing water, but the steering cone set assembly is often a victim with the washing.
+1, have heard many bikes show up signs of surface rust and the water quality here is poor as well.
Old 14th November 2011, 00:42   #53
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There isn't a specific method that I adhere to as such, but the thumb rule whilst giving these faired machines a wash is to be extremely cautious. Exactly why I have asked the guy who washes our cars to steer away from the Fireblade. They mostly tend to leave atleast 30% of the surface moist, let alone the water that may have seeped to the internal panels, wires, etc.
It is better to not wash than have it done by one of the those peeps, it causes more harm than good.
Like coolboy pointed out, do not splash at all, not even a slow running pipe. Use a wet cloth instead, this way there won't be any areas that you need to dry which you cannot reach into.
Also, whilst giving the bike a pressure wash, wrap all electricals and 'not so drainage friendly' components in lots of plastic and clean those up individually and not with the entire mass of the motorcycle.

Last edited by manson : 14th November 2011 at 00:45.
manson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 08:22   #54
Senior - BHPian

While giving a wash to a fairing bike ( particularly a superbike) avoid spraying direct water to the gauges / ignition switch and the fuel cap. Clean the meters using a wet micro fibre .Avoid removing the rear seat while washing the bike because the water does seep in. On my previous wash water entered my ignition switch and it became a pain putting in and removing the key. So much so that i almost had my key bent by force. Also after the wash dry up the excess with a cloth . I wash my bike on a paddock stand and then put it on a side stand so that the water inside can seep out during the lean angle.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:57   #55
Senior - BHPian

Thought of giving the thread a update as yesterday i completed 2 months with the bike and around 1500 kms - the kms counter is slow as i have some exams coming up and the sunday rides are being given a miss. From tomorrow i am using the GT for my daily use but only to places where a secured parking is available.

There has been a lot of hoopla around Garware and Hyosung so thought i might as well share my experience :

I had written a stern mail to Garware a few weeks back telling them that their dealer (whom i had bought the bike through) was terrible and had even overcharged me around 400-500 for no reason, they responded next day and ordered to refund my money, the dealer being shameless again kept delaying it and after 14 days i again shot a mail.

Recieved a call from North service head that they have asked their dealer why he didnt refund and the dealer had told them that they talked to me and i had agreed for that much amount to be adjusted in next service which was a blatant lie as i told him.

He told me that as per my complaints and few others, they are putting curtains on this dealer very soon and took feedback about the New delhi dealer, i told him they are good fellows so he was happy about it.

For the bike :
Its performing beautifully, hit a pothole around 145 few days back and some noise is coming from front visor or somewhere below going over bad roads - i expect it to a rattling visor though will get it checked.

I ride after 6-7 days and when i do i get blown away, literally with the mid range acceleration, whole week on a slow petrol Linea + Pulsar 220 and then a 650cc bike really brings the difference out.

Conclusion : - am i happy with the bike and service
To say am very very happy - NO, to say am happy or satisfied - YES, there is a big room for improvement both in the bike as well as the service. Garware have been very courteous and always reply but some how my dealer never really listened to them.

They need to get that irritating front visor noise sorted out - i need to listen to music, once past 4k rpm the roar of the v twin overpowers it but below that, the krrrrrr.. noise irritates.

Garware needs to improve their functioning, the new delhi dealer is selling bikes from past 2 months but the workshop is still not open which doesnt really feel confidence inspiring.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 22nd November 2011 at 17:58.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:04   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its performing beautifully, hit a pothole around 145 few days back and some noise is coming from front visor or somewhere below going over bad roads - i expect it to a rattling visor though will get it checked.
Check if there is damage to the rims and if you are losing air from the tires. You might also want to check if there is any damage to the forks, seals, etc.

Ride safe.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Check if there is damage to the rims and if you are losing air from the tires. You might also want to check if there is any damage to the forks, seals, etc.
Ride safe.
Hi aditya, how is your baby kwacker doing?
Just came back from a air refill, seems the alloy is fine. Checked for some physical damage but found none so the air refill was the last check, its 30 psi and it came to be 28 so its fine.

Need to get the forks and seals checked, didnt find any leakage but the hit was a nasty one. The new delhi dealer's mechanic is busy getting training, would go over the weekend.

spare parts update
The alloys cost around 21k

And the rear Bridgestone battlax are being sold by dealers at a staggering, breath taking - 27k - yeah- 27,000 rupees
A friend had to replace his damaged tyre and almost went into a shock seeing the bill.
Old 23rd November 2011, 12:46   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And the rear Bridgestone battlax are being sold by dealers at a staggering, breath taking - 27k - yeah- 27,000 rupees
A friend had to replace his damaged tyre and almost went into a shock seeing the bill.
Wow 27000 Rs? Guess i would get a complete set for efzee...any particular reason as to why this has to be so expensive? was this purchased from your Hyosung dealer or from the streets.
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:31   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi aditya, how is your baby kwacker doing?

spare parts update
The alloys cost around 21k

My 250 is doing fine, thanks for asking. Glad to read that your wheels/forks have no damage.

One of the riders in my group hit a pothole at a pretty high speed on the highway and his rear alloy wheel was bent at the lip. It cost him around 26k to replace the alloy and this was for the ninja 250.

Try and source the tires from an importer/distributor directly. Superbike tires cost around 18-20k per set (front and rear). Check with Performance Racing Store / Bachoo Motors / Planet DSG for tires and any other aftermarket accessories / spares for your bike.

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd November 2011 at 14:33.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2011, 14:36   #60
BHPian

Not surprising to hear the price of the tyre provided by the dealer. It was the same case with the R15 in 2008 and then the Ninja250R too. Showroom guys selling at whatever price they feel like. But I guess being in New Delhi, you shouldnt be having any problem sourcing the tyres from an independant tyre dealer. Works out much cheaper and you get to upgrade the tyres as well.
Motormania is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks