Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2012, 15:46   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R

Visit RTO personally and speak to an officer or catch hold of an agent and get the correction done.
In my case, hyundai dealer in bangalore took over 4 weeks for getting a correction done. RTO guys applied whitener, wrote with a pen and put a seal with a signature. In fact it is 10 to 15 minutes job but they take weeks to do it.
Old 19th January 2012, 01:28   #92
Senior - BHPian

@mayank
Think so, would till 31st of this month as am busy with my sister's marriage after which i will head to the rto and try to get hold of some one who can get my rc back.

@djay
I dont have the rc now, its with them so i cant do anything. I will try to get it out of their office now and get the correction done later.

10-15 minutes job and they take months for it, our indian offices damn.
Old 19th January 2012, 02:05   #93
Senior - BHPian

Coolboy, learn to be a gentleman (007). When a lady complements your bike, stop grinning and offer a ride .
Old 3rd February 2012, 20:05   #94
Senior - BHPian

RC update
Well i got a call from the sales man that he has recieved my RC card and i should collect it from there new office 30 kms away. Well started the GT and in rush hour traffic with jams every where after roasting my nuts i finally reached the office only to find out that now i am the owner of 2 RC smart cards but none of them have the correction

Both rc cards have the same mistake that they had before, i almost wanted to bang my head on the wall but the thought of ruining my AGV stopped me. Blasted on the sales guy but he showed me the letter he had sent along stating what needed to be corrected but they still couldnt. So much for these samosa eating junkies that they made a new RC but failed to see what correction had to be done.

Leaving it for now and keeping one RC safe in the locker.

Got a call from Mr. Amit, Garware motors and he told me that the new tank which will be replaced under warranty has been dispatched and will be here next week, i also requested him that my 2nd service is due by 5 Feb so if he can move the deadline by a week so i can get both things done at the same time and if they will void my warranty to which he replied that it wont be any problem and he assured me that such small things dont matter to the company and they want us happy - felt good

Will update next week after service and tank change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
Coolboy, learn to be a gentleman (007). When a lady complements your bike, stop grinning and offer a ride .
Wish i could - you know am a shy type of guy and her husband was along side her so i kept my mouth and intentions shut.
Old 25th February 2012, 23:05   #95
Senior - BHPian

Done with the second service - 2790 kms

The second service of my white glory was due by 5th Feb but as you guys know that my tank replacement was being done under warranty, i requested the service guys that we wait for a few days so that both the second service as well as the tank replacement is done in one go.

Got a call from Mr. Amit Keswani from Garware, GM spares and service,he told me to go over the service date and wait for tank to come and also that they arent so finicky about warranty replacements. The tank arrived around 8th Feb but i had to go to chandigarh for a few days so it was delayed and then till now it kept being delayed and delayed , some times their mechanic was absent, some times i was busy.

The bike had done 2790 kms and for past few days the bike had become a little harsh over 4,000 rpm and i wasnt enjoying the feel, maybe due to engine oil or a clogged air filter so i had an appointment today and was at the service centre at 2:30 PM, the people at "Delhi Superbikes" attended me nicely, we share a kind of relationship together, the NCR hyosung owners as well the sales manager ride on sunday mornings so we all share a good rapport.

The work to be done was - :

1. Change engine oil and filter

2. Replace petrol tank under warranty (was around 40,000 + labour covered in warranty)

3. Clean air filter.

4. Tighten all nuts n bolts including rear fender which was a little loose.

5. This was a paid service so labour was to be paid.

The total cost was - INR, 5170 (bill attached) which in my opinion is good for a bike like this as out of this 2900 is for the oil alone.

I was out by 4:30 PM with the bike feeling like brand new, the Motul 300V did its wonders and the bike is now smooth as butter, i had a lot of fun flicking around traffic on the way back home. I will go in with the positives of the service experience as well as the bike now that i have clocked almost 3,000 kms now.

+ ve's

- Looks - the white glory just grabs eyeballs wherever i take her, absolute attention magnet and when people click you like you are some superstar then it plasters a big grin on your face.

- Grunty v twin engine with brilliant low end response and punchy mid range.

- Consistent FE of 19-20 km/L no matter how hard i ride, this involves revving in neutral as well some times. Running on Xtra premium.

- The bike is very stable in the straights, for cornering its difficult to enter a corner due to the excessive weight but once in it sticks like a train.

- The service experience has been really good especially with Garware - quick response and always willing to help.

- The new Delhi dealer is a big boon for us, their mechanic knows his job, the staff is so willing to help and they have been organizing rides almost every sunday - infact we are forming a biking group which will have its name soon.

- ve's

- The same grunty engine had become very harsh from last 1 month and was irritating me - solved now after switching to Motul 300V but the vibes are strong after 7000 rpm.

- The tank had become pale yellow, quality issue with the bike and i didnt get a clear answer as to why it had happened, just got assurance that if it happens again then will be replaced under warranty.

- Delhi still doesnt have a service centre for the hyosungs - the svc in okhla is stuck for some reason with govt officials and now the bikes are serviced or repaired behind the showroom , the bike wasnt washed or polished before delivery after service so i will cut marks there.

Thats all for now - over & out, attaching a few pics of bill and new tank.

Pics of the new tank
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0387.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0389.jpg

White glory against old monumental type building
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0390.jpg

The bill for 2nd free service.
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0393.jpg

Going for a ride tomorrow morning, will click some good pics.
Old 26th February 2012, 00:23   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The bill for 2nd free service.
What's free about it - There is 2K labour charge too!

Quote:
Going for a ride tomorrow morning, will click some good pics.
Have fun !
Old 26th February 2012, 00:26   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
What's free about it - There is 2K labour charge too!
, nice catch. I made a typing error, only the first one is free.
Cars have spoiled me as all have first 3 free services.
Old 26th February 2012, 13:01   #98
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from a rejuvenating, fresh early morning ride to Murthal and covered a total distance of 160 kms. The bike is feeling just brilliant after the service yesterday, infact when i thought am in 5th, i was in 4th gear and the same story with 6th, feels so smooth and vibration free.

The line up included, 4 GT 650R's, 1 ST7, 1 Comet and 1 CBR so we had a lot of fun on the highway. One of the GT rider had a fall, the authorities have constructed those stupid small 5-6 speed breakers together in the middle of a highway for pedestrians , he was in the front, braked late and to his bad luck there was gravel there - the bike skidded and there was a little damage to the bike but he was fine, nonetheless it spoils the mood and dampens the spirit a bit - riding gear helps a lot guys, he was totally covered from head to toe and thats the reason he was able to ride back home himself.

I had a heart in mouth moment while coming back home, entered a corner a little hot and i realized i was coming in a bit too fast but made the mistake of leaning the bike before braking and then gradually pressed both brakes but i could feel the rear skid and my heart sank but survival instincts saved the day.

A good sunday, attaching a few pics (reducing size to below 1 MB on adobe photoshop for team bhp really screws the quality - any workaround for it?)

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_2069-copy.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_2073tbhp.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_2077tbhp.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_2081-copytbhp.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_2086-copytbhp.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_2087-copytbhp.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_2105-copytbhp.jpg
Old 9th March 2012, 19:03   #99
BHPian

Quote:
A good sunday, attaching a few pics (reducing size to below 1 MB on adobe photoshop for team bhp really screws the quality - any workaround for it?)
Hey coolboy007, that's a great looking bike you have there and quite a lineup considering 4 of them are GT650R.

For the images, (if you using Windows) you can do two things:

1. Right click on images (you can select more than one) and click on 'send to- mail recipient' and it doesnt need you to activate any email id with Outlook, click on make my pictures smaller, and it will open up a draft. You will see your pics reduced in size and attached in the attachment bar, select and save them to a folder on your desktop and you are good to upload.

2. Right click on your image (one at a time), and open with 'Microsoft Office Picture Manager' and click 'Edit Pictures' and then on the right nav bar, click on Resize, check 'Predefined width x height' and select 'Web Large' or any other option from drop down and save. Once done you can hit 'Auto Correct' and see your pictures come to life.

That should do it for you, and dont go tell me you have a Mac.

I am keen on the GT650R myself, but waiting for the Bonneville. Will need to secure permissions, it is a different ball-game once you are married, you see.

Ride safe!
Old 16th March 2012, 15:47   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Hey coolboy007, that's a great looking bike you have there and quite a lineup considering 4 of them are GT650R.
Thank you

Quote:
That should do it for you, and dont go tell me you have a Mac.
What a co-incidence, yes i have a mac , there was a wide grin on my face when i read this section of your post. But i have a windows as well and will give it a try that way, thanks.

Quote:
I am keen on the GT650R myself, but waiting for the Bonneville. Will need to secure permissions, it is a different ball-game once you are married, you see.
Well the GT is doing good, its going smooth and steady, there is just nothing to report now a days. Fill it up with fuel and go, the engine has become extremely smooth, vibes have come down, has got tremendous low end torque and customer support bu garware has been good.

Bonnevile is a good option as well and yeah we have a few riders who are married, they apply for a sunday morning leave to their better halves well in advance.
Old 21st April 2012, 15:02   #101
Senior - BHPian

Just thought of updating my thread as me and the white glory have finally completed our first long ride, oh yes am typing this message 600 kms away from Delhi from Palampur, Himachal Pradesh.

It was just me and the bike, solo ride all along, was tough to convince my parents as they were worried with the hills part but riding a bike like GT in te city had become cumbersome, infact i had started getting bored of it, this trip has changed everything.

The bike has performed flawless, its a queen of the hills, the torque from the v twin engine is lovely and i did Chandigarh - Palampur covering over 250 kms in 4.5 hours flat with some breaks in between, this despite the roads here being in a terrible condition. It has taken in whatever fuel
was fed to it, gave me thrill leaning hard into corners, did start heating up as the radiator was clogged with mud but the spinning fans kept it cool.
Only downer is that the aggresive riding position makes the back start paining after 2 hours onto it.

With this trip coming to an end on monday when i head back to delhi we will complete a cherished 5000 kms in 7 months of ownership

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-image498855737.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-image1086005715.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-image4015976289.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-image583974209.jpg

The last pic is not relevant to this thread but my grandfather has adopted a street dog and ths thing is so cute i couldnt resist posting it, this ride was done only to meet him as he wanted to meet me and is old enough not being able to travel anywhere.
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 11:22   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only downer is that the aggresive riding position makes the back start paining after 2 hours onto it.
Use a kidney belt as it would reduce stress on the back and kidneys. Link.
Old 24th April 2012, 21:12   #103
Senior - BHPian

Back home from a scintillating 1300 kms under my belt consisting of butter smooth national highways, broken roads, no roads, hills and what not. All i can say is that my belief in the GT has grown even more, its an all rounder bike, never troubled me until the end (will get to it later), had a dose of adulterated fuel where the bike started knocking, shut off so many times in first gear but just went on and on.

As for the endurance, the bike ran non stop for 9 hours covering 570 kms out of which 250 was hills and rest was plains. Had a lot of fun on the twisties, leaning from one end to other as well as on the highways when i shot past cars doing 140-150 and they kept gaping.

The low end torque was lovely and it returned a healthy fuel efficiency figure of 21 km/l for the round trip which is good considering i was always doing speeds north of 130-140 on the highways and using mostly 2nd and 3rd gear in the hills. All in all safely back home, despite using the towel to protect rear panels, it got scratched a little with the bungee cords .

Moment to remember -

A couple in a Optra magnum stopped at the same place where i was having a drink and came upto me, shook hands and praised how safely i was riding with all riding gear on, felt proud.

Issue :-
1 . After gunning the bike continously for 5-6 hours, the gear shifts became very very hard, i am running on Motul fully synthetic oil so engine oil isnt an issue. What i felt was that after the temperatures soared and the moment i entered Delhi, there was a lot of traffic and the cooling system of the bike just couldnt keep up.

Infact, even on the highways the bike had started heating up when i was doing a 120-130 but it was bearable, i checked the engine and it was burning hot. The temp guage was stable at 3 bars so i carried on.

The moment i entered Delhi and caught up with 1st and 2nd gear traffic, the bike was almost on fire, so much that i stopped by the side to check if the coolant has leaked or if the fans are not working but every thing was normal. The gear shifts turned very very hard, it was like almost forcing it into any gear.

And for the first time when i reached home, both my thighs had red burn marks on them , i have faced worst of traffic but never faced such litre class bikes like heating.

Is it because i went non stop or something else? Even the radiator is not clogged up? Am confused.

2. The stock headlights seemed really pathetic in the dark around hills, need to get some upgrade done though love the throw of high beam dipper, goes straight in the face of those running on high beams. Maybe a HID would help.

All the pics are from iPhone as i had no space for my dslr, see how badly my bag was packed.

One of the best highways of this country - NH1, smooth tarmac all the way till Karnal
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0593res.jpg

Posing at the Ambala Chandigarh expressway
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0596-copyres.jpg

If something better NH1 - this is it, Kurali to Anandpur sahib, not even a bump and you can relax and do a double ton here
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0602res.jpg

Una - dont miss the brilliant himachal roads below, GT was all over the place on such surfaces.
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0604res.jpg

And GT reached Himachal Pradesh
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0606res.jpg

My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0608res.jpg

You lean out a corner at 50-60 and the moment you come up, you see this, almost crashed at this very turn and rode cautiously after it, the roads are bad all the way in himachal
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0614res.jpg

I took my bike up this ramp, was an adventure in itself with the rear tyre struggling for grip
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0623res.jpg

Resting under the shade at Ambala
My white glory is here - Hyosung GT650R-img_0658res.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Use a kidney belt as it would reduce stress on the back and kidneys. Link.
Thanks for the link, will definitely buy it soon. The long rides really take a toll on the back and my wrists, ughhh, they are still paining
coolboy007 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 10:07   #104
Team-BHP Support

The GT shares its engine components with the SV and I don't think there should be a problem with rides.

Get the cooling components checked. That is what springs to one's mind.

None stop riding makes the engine a lot smoother, wonder why its the opposite in your GT's case? I just hope the folks at Garware diagnose the problem and don't go for trials & errors.
Old 25th April 2012, 10:55   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All the pics are from iPhone as i had no space for my dslr, see how badly my bag was packed.
Excellent pics coolboy. I enjoy these nice long trips anyday compared to the weekend blasts.

For these kind of long rides buy some nice touring luggage from Rjays or from here. I'm not sure how the Rynox luggage performs but heard that the build quality is a LOT better than cramster luggage and for the price it is sold its really VFM.

RJays luggage is excellent and although a bit on the higher side, its fit and finish is excellent. Highly recommended.

See what kind suits you best. Check out this link. See the ones listed under soft luggage > platinum series.

I use the Rjays Platinum series Elite tailbag and it packs a lot of stuff for a 3-4 day vacation. This particular one is water resistant, and also includes a waterproof cover, has loads of reflective material all over the bag, pockets on the sides and one which is detachable and can be used as a belt/wait pouch. It also has a single shoulder strap and in addition, a concealed pocket which has another set of shoulder straps which helps you wear the bag like a backpack. The zippers are water proof and reflective too. Has two straps for securing the bag on the bike in addition to four inbuilt bungee cords. Takes less than a minute to install on the bike and remove it. See my ninja ownership thread for pics.

P.S. This one is not listed on the Bachoo Motors site. If you like something on the RJays link that is not listed on the bachoo motors site, you can order it. Speak to Zulfi and refer my name if needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Get the cooling components checked. That is what springs to one's mind.
+1. If the engine was really hot and temp bar was only showing 3 needles then something must be wrong. Better to have it checked.

Last edited by n_aditya : 25th April 2012 at 10:56.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed