Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2011, 14:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Superbikes, which one? Finally bought Yam FZ1

Hi Mahesh,

Congratulations !

You owe me an extra milk shake when we get to meet for not letting me on to this secret, all the while we were talking about RD 350s

Looks good. Hope to ride with you some day soon

Best Regards and Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats ku69rd, thats a sweet sweet choice i really like the FZ1 and prefer it over the CB1000.
Hey thanks buddie, Been a Go Yamaha Go right from my college days so probably that also tilted the decision, and yes felt the Honda was a bit overpriced for the amount of features you get vis a vis with the FZ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
So it was you! I remember telling my friend that you might get your legs burnt on that thing! Anyway, congrats on your buy and ride safe and hard! Looks like I got a sneak peek at the bike before anyone else on Team-BHP!
Ashwin, Guess it was the very first week when i took out the bike in my shorts to check on the heat factor, surprisingly even in the stop-go traffic the temperature did not exceed 90 degrees. Very much tolerable
Thanks for your wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post

Congratulations !

You owe me an extra milk shake when we get to meet for not letting me on to this secret, all the while we were talking about RD 350s

Looks good. Hope to ride with you some day soon
Ram, Many thanks for your kind words, for sure will boot the bill for extra milk shake as long as the chicken is yours
Yep am eagerly awaiting your move to Bangalore, would you be getting the Triumph Bonneville with you? Can join you on both RD & the big bike.
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:48   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Ashwin, Guess it was the very first week when i took out the bike in my shorts to check on the heat factor, surprisingly even in the stop-go traffic the temperature did not exceed 90 degrees. Very much tolerable
Thanks for your wishes.
You can tolerate 90 degrees between your legs? Wow!
Anyway, good FE for a 1 liter bike! Taking it easy? Top speed achieved?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 2nd October 2011 at 20:50.
Old 2nd October 2011, 20:52   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Hey thanks buddie, Been a Go Yamaha Go right from my college days so probably that also tilted the decision, and yes felt the Honda was a bit overpriced for the amount of features you get vis a vis with the
Congratulations on your fantastic ride. My friend has booked the same one in the same color back in Cochin. Will be getting it in the first week of November. Just wanted to know whether the power delivery is as fierce as that of a Yam R1? Did u easily adjust to the immense power of the bike or was it soft and controllable? This will be huge leap for me and my friend as we both have been riding an RD and FZ16 respectively , just wanted to clarify it with an owner.
Old 2nd October 2011, 21:56   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can tolerate 90 degrees between your legs? Wow!
Anyway, good FE for a 1 liter bike! Taking it easy? Top speed achieved?
Also depends on the wind direction, if you are riding into the wind then it's not a problem, cross winds tend to have a bite. Regarding the Top Speed, not quite sure if the mods would be happy/tolerant if i were to update.

Riding it well within my limits and not pushing her too much except for once post the service.
Old 2nd October 2011, 23:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Mahesh!

I think you made the perfect decision; it fits your requirements well. Given a choice in the segment, I will close my eyes and get FZ1.

It is nice to see that your parents share your passion.

I am surprised to see the fuel efficiency you are getting for a litre class bike. Is that the normal mileage for a FZ1?

Keep us updated as you clock more miles.
Old 3rd October 2011, 10:01   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Awesomeness View Post
Just wanted to know whether the power delivery is as fierce as that of a Yam R1?
Thank you and do pass my congratulations to your friend who is expecting his efzee shortly. Regarding the power delivery, the initial 4K RPM power delivery is not as fierce as its cousin R1. However once you make the move upwards of 6K it surges like there is no tomorrow. Strongly suggest you fellas to be sensible with your right hands atleast for the initial 500 Kms so that you get a good hang off the bike and its throttling capabilities.
Having ridden a R1 & a busa did not find it too tough to get accustomed to the bike. Find it more easy on my body compared to R-1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
Congrats Mahesh!

I think you made the perfect decision; it fits your requirements well. Given a choice in the segment, I will close my eyes and get FZ1.

It is nice to see that your parents share your passion.
Thank you, share the same thought as i find it quite practical. Rare rides around the city coupled with frequent long highway rides. The other day we did around 480 Kms with ease, no wrist pain or shoulder pain. Well my Dad was an avid motorcyclist himself, having owned a Jawa in the late 60's and 70's. Till date he engages the gears on my RD using his back heel like the Jawa.
The mileage was achieved with a steady 120-130 Kays with RPM hovering around 3500 to 4000 RPM. Have not used it in the city at all except on 3 occasions. Will keep you posted on my further experiences, probably when the bike has completed 2500 Kms.
Old 3rd October 2011, 11:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Finally the thread is up. Nice heartfelt review. Congrats on the beast!
Please put up more and more pics. And one specific request, please post a pic of the speedo console
Old 3rd October 2011, 12:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Finally the thread is up. Nice heartfelt review. Congrats on the beast!
Please put up more and more pics. And one specific request, please post a pic of the speedo console
Thanks Abhinav, for sure will put in more pictures. All these pictures are courtesy the wonderful riding group that I get to ride with during the weekends. Will make a note to capture the console.
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

How and where do you get bikes like the FZ 1 and R1 serviced? Are there special mechanics which come from the factory or what? I really wanted to ask this so though might as well ask and bug you , how is the spares availability?

For Hyosung, they only have 1 mechanic for the whole NCR region so i was wondering what happens if he leaves
Old 3rd October 2011, 15:11   #26
BHPian

Congrats ! finally we get to see the thread

6th gear 4k rpm is 105 only (IIRC) , u must have been doing around 5k rpm
Old 3rd October 2011, 17:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
How and where do you get bikes like the FZ 1 and R1 serviced? Are there special mechanics which come from the factory or what? I really wanted to ask this so though might as well ask and bug you , how is the spares availability?

For Hyosung, they only have 1 mechanic for the whole NCR region so i was wondering what happens if he leaves
Wow only one mechanic for the whole NCR region? How could Hyosung proceed with such a business risk. Anyways to answer your question straight, there are 3 Service points set up by Yamaha exclusively for CBU Bikes. Perfect Riders/ Bangalore Wheels & Orion Motors. Will post in next update with my service experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niks_devil666 View Post
Congrats ! finally we get to see the thread

6th gear 4k rpm is 105 only (IIRC) , u must have been doing around 5k rpm
Thanks Nikhil, to be honest should say a BIG THANKS to your thread which helped me clear all my doubts around the efzee and life with it. Regarding the RPM stuff, agree with your statement but once you have attained that speed you would not need to work the engine to that RPM to balance/maintain the speed. Hope you see my point Pretty obvious you have had one streets before me.
ku69rd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:14   #28
Senior - BHPian

Finally the thread is here.

Beautifully written Mahesh. +1 for going with the FZ. The harley is more suited for laid back cruising while this can do the same and kick the devil awake from its slumber in the blink of an eye.

I've always loved the white FZ's. They look so elegant and classy. Understated in the looks department until one notices the quad pipes and the fatter rear tire. Has the bike ever been mistaken for an FZ16 with fat tires?

Hope to meet you and the bike on the ride this saturday. Have fun, ride safe, ATGATT.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2011, 19:58   #29
Senior - BHPian

I remember seeing a separate cabin in the service area of Orion Motors in which an R1 was being serviced when I'd been there recently. It was specified as R1 and MT01 workstation. Guess the FZ1 will share space with the same brutes?
Old 3rd October 2011, 20:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Finally the thread is here.

Beautifully written Mahesh. +1 for going with the FZ. The harley is more suited for laid back cruising while this can do the same and kick the devil awake from its slumber in the blink of an eye.

I've always loved the white FZ's. They look so elegant and classy. Understated in the looks department until one notices the quad pipes and the fatter rear tire. Has the bike ever been mistaken for an FZ16 with fat tires?

Hope to meet you and the bike on the ride this saturday. Have fun, ride safe, ATGATT.
Thanks Aditya, Agree to you on the harley front. Probably when i cross middle age would consider the Street Bob (trust me its one of the most comfortable bike with a laid handle bar). Yep felt the white color was better off compared to Black one which appear more homogeneous. Regarding the bike being mistaken, had a funny incident whilst heading out for the bike's service. Minerva Circle traffic signal red, a person taps me on my back and asks "aapney sirf bada tire daaley hain, magar bahut acha dikh raha aur kuch modify kiya kya"? Was lost and just nodded my head appreciating his skills.

Believe this weekend there is a planned ride to Nandi Hills? Am getting my RD though.

Quote:
Guess the FZ1 will share space with the same brutes?
Yes Ashwin, FZ-1 shares the same space with R-1, MT01 & Vmax. Its an air conditioned setup and quite self sufficient. Tools are entirely different including the basic spanners (Chrome Vanadium Stuff). More on that front in a short while.

Last edited by ku69rd : 3rd October 2011 at 20:56.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks