Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2012, 18:03   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Superbikes, which one? Finally bought the Yamaha FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Exactly the reason, why I too opted for the stock ninja 650 exhaust. Everyone's been pushing me to get a akra or two brothers exhaust. It's good for short rides, but on the long distance one's am sure it will start getting irritating very very soon.
Yup stock setup is good for touring be it exhaust or free flow filter . The K&N might be good for few kms , but on longs rides gives a headache .

Mahesh ,nice to see liter bike going fine .
Old 24th December 2012, 11:52   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Regarding switching to fully synthetic, do give it a try,

Am more of a silent killer , Sort of becoming bored so might go for a two brother's exhaust + HID setup next month, that if i can save some money.
CoolBoy,
Yep will give the Fully Synthetic a shot atleast couple of times before taking a concrete decision on which one will be for me on the long run.
Regarding the Silencer End Can, would be all ears for your V Twin output, Do put in a good video once you have fitted them in. HID Does sound tempting; but with all the compactness have you found a place to hide the ballast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If you folks plan to add after market can & like to tour as well, then hold-on. Find a bike which sports the similar can, ride on the high-way & see if you like the baffling exhaust from dawn to dusk. Maybe then, you can decide.
Sheel,
Yes I agree with you One Hundred Percent. The bike is better with stock end can; riding with HD and the loud Screaming Eagles all day long generally gives me an earful. Generally when I ride with them, am in the sweeper position or would be up ahead with the lead due to this reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Exactly the reason, why I too opted for the stock ninja 650 exhaust. Everyone's been pushing me to get a akra or two brothers exhaust. It's good for short rides, but on the long distance one's am sure it will start getting irritating very very soon.
Lionell,
Have been following your thread, regarding the end can am not quite sure how pleasant the notes would be. Inline Twin Engine does not make it sound very good, V Twin Engine would make a difference however. But it again depends from a personal view point. Have seen quite a few Inliner Twins with these end cans and generally do not make sense; but if you are looking for a increase in performance; then going in for a full blooded exhaust system makes sense along with the air filter, PC and other works. But touring on such bikes not sure how friendly it would be on the ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Yup stock setup is good for touring be it exhaust or free flow filter . The K&N might be good for few kms , but on longs rides gives a headache .

Mahesh ,nice to see liter bike going fine .
Black12rr, Many thanks for your kind words.
Regarding the air filters, there would be 2 types from K&N. One would be a direct replacement for the stock and the other air filter would be the performance ones. If you put in the performance air filter then it makes sense that ought to work on a exhaust system, PC to make them work. Else it does not make sense.
For the stock replacement K&N Airfilters, it has its own pros and cons. India being dusty it is always ideal that we replace them once in 5000 to 7500 kms based on the terrain generally ridden.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:37   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
For the stock replacement K&N Airfilters, it has its own pros and cons. India being dusty it is always ideal that we replace them once in 5000 to 7500 kms based on the terrain generally ridden.
I guess you meant to say clean and not replace.
Old 2nd January 2013, 11:40   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I guess you meant to say clean and not replace.
Woops Yes Sir my bad with the keyboard
Cleaning should be sufficient and replacement can be looked into it once they have been used to transverse 35 to 50K.
Old 27th March 2015, 09:57   #65
Senior - BHPian

Apologies for the long delay, have moved on from the Yamaha FZ-1. Sold her quite some time ago. She is now in good hands as a fellow biker picked it up.

It was a fantastic ownership experience with the bike and wish the owner miles of smiles.

Thanks all.

@Mods, Can you please close this thread?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks