Team-BHP - Hyosung launches the GT650 Naked bike
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   Hyosung launches the GT650 Naked bike (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/109377-hyosung-launches-gt650-naked-bike-2.html)

To be honest the bike is a big turn off if you happen to browse it through the photo gallery of website. Very poorly designed, appears that the old round head light seems to be better off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2543192)
To be honest the bike is a big turn off if you happen to browse it through the photo gallery of website. Very poorly designed, appears that the old round head light seems to be better off.

agree:. It looks like a half baked job by Hyosung. I saw the pics back to back with the GT650R Gallery and the R seems better finished and looks well rounded compared to the N. They should have retained the round headlight and not messed around with it!!

They need this to be priced min 50K if not 75k less than the Kawasaki 650R.

Pricing it just 50k below the overexpensive full fairing brother will not work.

If one has to buy just by looks a ducati 696 looks pathetic. Looks like they missed something at factory and sent it like that .
looks are subjective , lets leave that .

The overall package with a good engine looks good . Hope there A.S.S is as as good as the pricing of the bike(4.4 at pune ?) .Any one know on road price in blore ?

The bike has not yet hit the showrooms for display, it would take a couple of days more but i prefer faired looks over the naked one be it any bike. The advantage with the N would be very efficient cooling, believe me the GT650R really starts making Tandoori chicken if you get stuck for 10-15 mins in 1st and 2nd gear.

Also this should be more manueverable and easy to repair as well stupid:

As for the A.S.S, my experience has been really good till now. One call and the guy shows up at my residence the very next day, never ever have they called me to their workshop. For services also, they send their van to your home which is really commendable for now. You can say they havent sold much bikes till now but whatever they sold, they are making all effort to make those customers feel special by offering something better than competitor on service front.

I had some problem with the rear view mirror being loose when a biker hit mine with force at a traffic light and they changed it under warranty- no questions asked, spares were available :thumbs up

Guys, the bike has been priced at Rs. 4.38 lakh (Ex showroom, Delhi). BS Motoring reports it to be 9 kgs lighter than the GT650R and it has also seen a change in ergonomics to make it more attuned for street riding. I think it is about 35K cheaper than the R.

Link: LAUNCHED! Hyosung GT650 N

update: GT650N Launched @ Rs 4,39,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi). Full news at :

PICS: Garware Motors launches Hyosung GT 650N at Rs 4,39,000 - Rediff Getahead

was at the launch
nice bike looks promising

4.39 Ex showroom, it means it will be touching the 5 lacs mark on road. Duh.. Garware have another looser in their hand.

As folks put in (on webs across the world) A good engine (it has a SV-650 engine Suzuki SV650 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ) packed in a shitty frame.

But would reserve my own comments till few GT's over here log in significant miles w/o any hiccups & would show as to how far would Garware & Hyosung go out to please the owners as far as after sales dept. goes.

They completely abandoned the GT-250 earlier.

Now when i think of it,the headlamp assembly looks like the face of a dragon called "Deadly Nadder" from the movie "How to train your Dragon" :uncontrol

Check the link to find the resemblance!!!lol:
DreamWorks Animation's How to Train Your Dragon | Official Site

I seriously dont know whether to jump with joy or cry my heart out!!! I always had a thing for the erstwhile Comet 250 and was eagerly waiting for the GT650N since ages. But the day i saw the "refreshed" GT, i gave up hope. I mean, dont the guys at the R&D even for once look at the product as a whole after they finish their work? The headlamp looks so out of place and typical Chinese err Korean in this case lol:
The traditional round headlamp setup was absolutely. I kid you not when i say we have been getting similar looking "headlight assemblies" in our local accessories market since ages :D