Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 23:20   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati 795

I love Triumph for shaking up the market. Ducati slashed prices. Wish Triumph could also make Japs slash their inline-4s prices. But the Japs and Europeans differ on classes of bikes. While Japs are all I-4s, Europeans are all twins. So, no comparison here. So, Jap I-4s would continue to remain in stratosphere.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:47   #47
BANNED

But Triumph are coming with many triple cylinder which i think better compared to inline 4's specially in indian condition, they produces more torque at lower RPM and good mid range punch, top end will not matter atleast in India, still Triumph 675's managing 220+ KMPR. Accelration, in gear accelration i am sure faster than inline 4's.
V engines are known for their torquey character and that matters in Indian roads.
Old 10th January 2012, 13:19   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
But Triumph are coming with many triple cylinder which i think better compared to inline 4's specially in indian condition, they produces more torque at lower RPM and good mid range punch, top end will not matter atleast in India, still Triumph 675's managing 220+ KMPR. Accelration, in gear accelration i am sure faster than inline 4's.
V engines are known for their torquey character and that matters in Indian roads.
Just to clarify - Triumphs triple cylinders, like jap 4 cylinders, are inline and not V.
Old 10th January 2012, 14:16   #49
BANNED

I know but its known fact the less numbers of cylinders produces better torque at low and mid range, also Striple is having extra 75 cc advantage.
BTW Ducati Bangalore showroom closed down, people are saying its for renovation not sure if its true.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 10th January 2012 at 14:38.
Old 13th January 2012, 18:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
BTW Ducati Bangalore showroom closed down, people are saying its for renovation not sure if its true.
Some say that showroom is closed for renovation and some say that the owner had connections with gali janardhan reddy and moved out of this business after gali's arrest.
I heard showroom was quite good but why renovate something which is good?

Ducati will have tough time selling if they do not have enough dealers by the time they start delivering M795 because right now they have ony one fully functional Sales & service centre in whole India.
What if some one gets in to a problem on a highway some where near hyderabad, chennai or bangalore?
It will take good time for a technician to visit such places from mumbai.

Last edited by djay99 : 13th January 2012 at 18:43.
Old 13th January 2012, 18:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
right now they have ony one fully functional Sales & service centre in whole India.
What if some one gets in to a problem on a highway some where near hyderabad, chennai or bangalore?
It will take good time for a technician to visit such places from mumbai.
This was exactly my question to the Ducati guy at the Expo - He first said - No problems sir, you will just have to place a call and we will fly down an engineer and fix/service your bike at your door step. For which I asked - what if I am miles away from my door step? He just laughed sheepishly and brought in a register and noted my details and said he would email me/call me about details on the Blr showroom (if and when it is coming up).
Old 13th January 2012, 19:08   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
This was exactly my question to the Ducati guy at the Expo - He first said - No problems sir, you will just have to place a call and we will fly down an engineer and fix/service your bike at your door step. For which I asked - what if I am miles away from my door step? He just laughed sheepishly and brought in a register and noted my details and said he would email me/call me about details on the Blr showroom (if and when it is coming up).
Shubz,
They sending a technician by next available flight sounds wonderful on paper and it shows they want to serve a customer - rather a very premium customer but time taken to reach a customer will be high and customer may eventually think of shifting to some other brand just because of this.

IMO a technicians visit in a short duration during a time when a customer is stranded in some remote location is much more important than anything else at that point in time.
IMO Ducati must ensure fully functional sales and service centres in all big cities (atleast metros) before they start delivering M795 else their sales gonna drop like M796.
Old 13th January 2012, 19:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
Shubz,
They sending a technician by next available flight sounds wonderful on paper and it shows they want to serve a customer - rather a very premium customer but time taken to reach a customer will be high and customer may eventually think of shifting to some other brand just because of this.

IMO a technicians visit in a short duration during a time when a customer is stranded in some remote location is much more important than anything else at that point in time.
IMO Ducati must ensure fully functional sales and service centres in all big cities (atleast metros) before they start delivering M795 else their sales gonna drop like M796.
Totally agree with you on that! The very fact that the service is located 100's of kms away itself would turn away many a potential buyers. But the die hard one's surely would go for it. On my way to work, i did see a Ducati near Gunasheela nursing home

They should first address the "service" part at least - knowing sales wouldn't be a problem. the sales figures would definitely seem better when buyers feel "Oh service is just a phone call away - by dialing the same area code (read same city)"
Old 13th January 2012, 21:39   #54
Senior - BHPian

I got a call from Ducati Mumbai a few weeks back and the lady on the line was asking me if I was interested in the monster.

I then asked her where would they deliver the bike from and most importantly service it and she said Bangalore, obviously not knowing that Ducati Blore was shut/non functional/non operational.

She feigned ignorance when i informed her of the status of and for a moment i was thinking if Ducati had outsourced their sales/customer acquisition to a call center.

She kept saying it wont be an issue and went on about Italian legacy and stuff but did not answer my query - where do i go for service/spares/repairs/maintenance, etc.

So much for an Italian marquee. I wonder why Ducati Italia is not doing anything to protect its image in our country... after all there is quite a big demand for these kind of bikes here.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks