Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2012, 13:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Refreshed Ninja 650R heading to India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
A point to note on the pricing front is that the rupee has depreciated from Rs.44/USD a year back to Rs.56/USD. This alone would warrant an increase of ~27% in the ex-showroom price of the bike from Rs.4.7L to Rs.5.98L. This is excluding the USD300 price increase in the 2012 model.
And being a CKD model, the forex outgo on imports would have surely increased for Bajaj.
Only hope of buying this gem now rests on rupee going back to Rs.45-47 levels.
The only good point of waiting for rupee appreciation will be if you are strongly inclined on ABS as an option, which has been provided in the 2013 model.
ya wait for that exchange rate. Never thought about it though ( about why the big price hike).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
After riding a Transalp 3 weeks ago for over 2000kms in alps, i'm sold on the ABS! I never would have believed that it could make so much difference in terms of safety for a 2 wheeler if not for actually using it.
No bike above 250cc (at least!) should be sold without ABS. The Ninja definitely needs it and for 6lacs, i'm pretty sad that it isn't equipped with it!
And OT but most of all, the REs being sold in India!
+ 1 !
I use a smaller bike and I am sold on the ABS part it has! It will be a very helpful thing to have.
Old 28th July 2012, 10:49   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek_924 View Post
A point to note on the pricing front is that the rupee has depreciated from Rs.44/USD a year back to Rs.56/USD. This alone would warrant an increase of ~27% in the ex-showroom price of the bike from Rs.4.7L to Rs.5.98L. This is excluding the USD300 price increase in the 2012 model.
And being a CKD model, the forex outgo on imports would have surely increased for Bajaj.
You missed out on including the effect of the increase in CKD duties from 10% to 30%.

My only question is that while all other manufacturers, including Bajaj (for the Ninja 250R) have not increased the price for any of their products..how come the N650 has to go through this nonsense?
Old 31st July 2012, 10:34   #33
BHPian

Update: Called the Mangalore Pro-Biking showroom. Per them, the launch is on August 9th and the price is approx 5.85 lakhs OTR. Now keeping the fingers crossed....
sudhirbhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 22:48   #34
BHPian

anybody aware that whether it will be avaiolble in red colour??
Old 3rd August 2012, 00:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

When will the bookings for 650r start ? A friend is looking for a superbike in the 7-8 lakh bracket, told him to get the 650R as it suited his needs best. However, calls to many dealers have been met with the same response "No idea sir,we don't have any information"

If its 5.8 lakhs its killer pricing !
Old 3rd August 2012, 14:49   #36
BHPian

in love with the N650

Just happened to walk into a Kawasaki showroom to kill time here in Indonesia. By chance the Ninja 650 and the ER6N were on display so couldnt resist walking towards them.

The bike is BIG. It looks absolutely smashing in the 2012 avatar and the green colour. The riding position is amazing with rear set footpegs and comfortable handlebar. Infact its the most amazing riding position I have ever experienced on a motorcycle (including a GSXR1000 and a CB1000R). The bike is quite bulky and my 6 feet tall frame was looking average on it.

As a prospective buyer I was scared about the riding position being too commuter-ish but this turned out to be god-sent. I can actually carve the corners and do a saddle-sore with equal ease on this machine. Its THAT amazing.

The build quality and fit&finish are even better than some of the cars sold for twice its price. The engine sounds nice and growly but nowhere near the I4s. it sounds more like a tractor with a K&N and some steroids. Nevertheless is not bad to hear. It does have a deep bass to it. The engine revs nicely too without any glitch. As it was a new bike I could only rev it till 5k rpm.

Next, went onto the ER6N but somehow it just didnt cut it for me. Was no-where near the experience I had with its faired sibling.

Overall, I am in love. Head over heels. Just waiting for those darn bookings to open. C'mon Bajaj...dont be a spoilt-sport. Let two lovers unite !

P.S - It costs about 6.7 akhs OTR here in Indonesia but thats probably because of the high taxes here.
Old 4th August 2012, 15:21   #37
BHPian

ICB reports a confirmed launch date of 9th August with some definitive price updates.

More details here Finally, the 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R will be launched in India on the 9th of August | IndianCarsBikes.in

Narula- where art thou? Please don't miss the bookings this time.

Damn I am going to be in Pune on the 9th. I hope the guy at A'bad PBK calls me to confirm this. I should be able to hold him off for a few days.

Last edited by lionell : 4th August 2012 at 15:23. Reason: Additions
Old 4th August 2012, 18:18   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Narula- where art thou? Please don't miss the bookings this time.

Damn I am going to be in Pune on the 9th. I hope the guy at A'bad PBK calls me to confirm this. I should be able to hold him off for a few days.
I am still in Indonesia buddy.

Coming back to India on the 13th of August, thankfully. Planning to go book the darn thing on the 16th and get it over with. I cant wait specially since I planted my back-side on her saddle yesterday.

If it gets too unbearable, i might just tell my mother to go n book it on my behalf on the 9th. Anyways shes quite familiar with the Dehradun PBK guys as I make her call them every week for updates.

Hope they have some good finance schemes in place.

Last edited by narula123 : 4th August 2012 at 18:20.
Old 4th August 2012, 19:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
I am still in Indonesia buddy.

If it gets too unbearable, i might just tell my mother to go n book it on my behalf on the 9th. Anyways shes quite familiar with the Dehradun PBK guys as I make her call them every week for updates.

Hope they have some good finance schemes in place.
Same here. Am going to be out on official business next week for 10 days. Am supposing if it launches on the 9th. Hopefully PBK showrooms will have their work cut out before that i.e. figuring out the road and other taxes to give us the on road price. Like I heard the B'lore folks will pay more owing to higher taxes. If not then there might be a delay of 2-3 days in the final information trickling down to us blokes.
Old 4th August 2012, 20:00   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionell View Post
Same here. Am going to be out on official business next week for 10 days. Am supposing if it launches on the 9th. Hopefully PBK showrooms will have their work cut out before that i.e. figuring out the road and other taxes to give us the on road price. Like I heard the B'lore folks will pay more owing to higher taxes. If not then there might be a delay of 2-3 days in the final information trickling down to us blokes.
Yes, Maharashtra and Karnataka guys pay max tax. Im lucky that Dehradun enjoys minimum road tax (previous N650 was 30K cheaper in d'dun vis-a-vis Mumbai). Also, read on some forums that Bajaj is allocating 5 bikes per PBK showroom in the first lot. Dont know how true this is, praying that it isnt. I would certainly go ballistic if they close bookings for some lame reason this time.
Old 6th August 2012, 12:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R to launch on August 9th| ZigWheels.com reports a price of 5.8 Lacs ex showroom (pune).
It will be around 6.7Lacs on road bangalore.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650R to launch on August 9th| ZigWheels.com reports a price of 5.8 Lacs ex showroom (pune).
It will be around 6.7Lacs on road bangalore.
The article says its gonna be costlier by 80,000 bucks. Well the previous ex-showroom price was 4.53 lakhs. This logic should make it 5.3 ex-showroom n 5.8 OTR in Pune. Either zigwheels reporters flunked maths or their editing is scary.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

If 5.3lacs is the ex-showroom price then it will cost ~ 6.1 lacs in karnataka. You got to see a Ninja 650 in indonesia. Is it worth that money?

Recently KA govt has hiked tax by 0.5% effective from 1-Aug-2012.

OT: Any idea when is bajaj planning to launch Duke 690?

Last edited by djay99 : 7th August 2012 at 17:34.
Old 7th August 2012, 17:57   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
If 5.3lacs is the ex-showroom price then it will cost ~ 6.1 lacs in karnataka. You got to see a Ninja 650 in indonesia. Is it worth that money?

Recently KA govt has hiked tax by 0.5% effective from 1-Aug-2012.

OT: Any idea when is bajaj planning to launch Duke 690?
Personally I would happily pay 6 lakhs for it. I fell in love with the bike the moment i laid my hands on her. She was just perfect for me. But thats just me though. On the sad side, she dosent look anywhere as exciting as a supersport (infact even the new 250 looks hotter). She sounds like a tractor and the riding position is very slightly more aggressive than my 220 (a fact I loved). But for me, I would have no other in my driveway.

A much cheaper and good alternative to the Ninja is the Hyosung GT650N.

You sure the OTR is that high in k'tka compared to the ex-shw? Scary

Have no idea about the Duke 690 mate. Heard rumours about the Duke 350 though.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 18:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Personally I would happily pay 6 lakhs for it. I fell in love with the bike the moment i laid my hands on her. She was just perfect for me. But thats just me though. On the sad side, she dosent look anywhere as exciting as a supersport (infact even the new 250 looks hotter). She sounds like a tractor and the riding position is very slightly more aggressive than my 220 (a fact I loved). But for me, I would have no other in my driveway.

A much cheaper and good alternative to the Ninja is the Hyosung GT650N.

You sure the OTR is that high in k'tka compared to the ex-shw? Scary
Thanks for your reply.

I love triumph street triple very much and have saved a couple of lacs considering i will finance remaing amount. But now i am sure they will launch it at a much higher price considering indian currency has fallen a lot.
I will see ninja 650 and then decide which one it is for me.

Also got an info from a local honda dealer that they have received an email from honda about a bike which costs 6.2 lacs. I will get clear info in a couple of days.
Road tax for bikes is 12.5% + cess (for >50K price).
Its horrible for cars. Minimum is 13.5% and goes up to 20.5% or 23%.
I had paid 12% for my getz crdi in 2008.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed