Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2011, 19:20   #16
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xantos View Post
Wow that was quick !
Thanx for all the opinions guys.
To answer some of the questions, somebody asked what the utility was going to be - what I'd use the bike for ?
Well Im a 40 yr old guy maybe this is a midlife crisis or something but Im definitely not buying the Bike for speed or for long distance riding.
I already have a 39yr old Honda CB750 Four that I use regularly in and around Bandra.
Even if i buy a new I dont really think my weekly mileage could be over a 100 km mostly due to time constraints.So riding will be limited to a 20-25km radius of my residence.
I've looked at /test ridden the Harley 883 Iron
Will be checking out the Hyosung 650N today .
The V twins provide the torque but nothing really sounds as sweet and as smooth as a Jap I4
So looks like its going to be a toss up between the FZ1 and the CB1000R
Xantos
Looks like you are hell bent in having another i4 for the sound. You will not go wrong with a FZ or a CB and I believe its a matter of personal choice. Regarding the twins, when you get a chance, ride the Harleys and the Ducs to experience the rides yourself. Too many people comment on these without having any first hand experience.

Am slightly surprised of your decision to consider Hysoung. With the other players around, you are getting more bang for the buck even though they are twice as expensive. IMO, you can give it a skip.
Old 11th November 2011, 21:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: What Bike ?? CB1000R/FZ1/Hyosung650N/HD883 Iron

Yep and if you are keen on fishing in the 5-7 Lakh Budget, you should be able to lay your hands on the Duc 795 which is scheduled to be launched early next year.
Old 11th November 2011, 21:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
The FZ1 i have read gives out alot of heat and also heats up real quickly.
Not quite sure where you got this notion that the bike heats up, in all my rides she has never exceeded 102 degrees. Infact have managed to ride it within city with my shorts

CB is no doubt a good bike and once when you are spending such big money there is nothing like "good bike or bad bike". All are well engineered products but i would suggest the buyer to be sane enough to see which one fits his bills. Hence the question of what would you want to do with the bike

@ MODs, Can you please merge both my posts to make one
Old 11th November 2011, 22:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

IMHO: you already have the best of the breed, try something different and enjoy the change.

As mentioned earlier, at this price point there is nothing called bad machine, just go and feel the bike and see if it makes you feel special, playful and brings a grin on your face, that's what you are aiming at.

All the best and do compile your buying experience for others' reading pleasure. Cheers!
Old 11th November 2011, 22:27   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Sound of inline- 4s is FANTASTIC. Nothing else comes close. None of Single, v-twin, L-twin, parallel twin, triple and even v-4 sound as exciting.
Different strokes for different folks is all I can say I myself love screamers but who can miss a Ducati or a RSV-4 Factory screaming?
Old 12th November 2011, 06:51   #21
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

How about considering a Suzuki Bandit? It huge, comfortable, priced well and has more cubic capacity too. Plus it has a fairing that the other naked bikes don't and it has that important big-bike feel too. Else a Ducati 795/796 would be a great choice too. Among the bikes shortlisted, I would chose a FZ-1 over the others. The big naked Yam is true VFM.
Old 12th November 2011, 08:40   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
To answer some of the questions, somebody asked what the utility was going to be - what I'd use the bike for ?
Well Im a 40 yr old guy maybe this is a midlife crisis or something but Im definitely not buying the Bike for speed or for long distance riding.
I already have a 39yr old Honda CB750 Four that I use regularly in and around Bandra.
Even if i buy a new I dont really think my weekly mileage could be over a 100 km mostly due to time constraints.So riding will be limited to a 20-25km radius of my residence.
I've looked at /test ridden the Harley 883 Iron
Will be checking out the Hyosung 650N today .
The V twins provide the torque but nothing really sounds as sweet and as smooth as a Jap I4
So looks like its going to be a toss up between the FZ1 and the CB1000R
Xantos
While the Bandit is a fantastic Motorcycle to tour on, it isn't particularly exciting and a bit more than bland if you are thinking to ride around the block or rev it to indulge in aural pleasures once a while. The CB, the Monster 796 and the FZ-1 make for fantastic Motorcycles in Xantos's case IMO.

I am sorry, but I no zilch about Harleys, so no comment about it, though I know a lot of jokes about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
How about considering a Suzuki Bandit? It huge, comfortable, priced well and has more cubic capacity too. Plus it has a fairing that the other naked bikes don't and it has that important big-bike feel too. Else a Ducati 795/796 would be a great choice too. Among the bikes shortlisted, I would chose a FZ-1 over the others. The big naked Yam is true VFM.
I myself had suggested the Bandit but going by his requirements, it has to be something more exciting.

Please keep us updated.
Old 12th November 2011, 11:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
You have a valid point but going by the current trend on the part of Automobile manufacturers you just can't avoid this, e.g CBR 250 looks like VFR1200, 3 series looks like 7 series, Jetta looks like Passat and so on. Even Honda's CB twister try to looks like the bigger cousin CB1000R.
Agreed, but the FZ1 just looks too similar to its kid brother.

Quote:
Xantos i owned a 84 Honda CB900F and like you am not a hardcore bike person and yes i used the bike for say 50kms a week..i tried alot of bikes after that and the closest i got was the Honda cb1000r. Its like the comparrision is always there to the CB900f atleast for me. Easy riding, low speeds seems a bliss on the Cb1000r..little extra on the wallet but peace in the head and heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Not quite sure where you got this notion that the bike heats up, in all my rides she has never exceeded 102 degrees. Infact have managed to ride it within city with my shorts

CB is no doubt a good bike and once when you are spending such big money there is nothing like "good bike or bad bike". All are well engineered products but i would suggest the buyer to be sane enough to see which one fits his bills. Hence the question of what would you want to do with the bike
Thats what i read..the engine heat is spilt over to the legs and the tank frame also heats...

As you say at the high end bikes there is no good or bad it just comes down to what you want and what suits u..i can only say is ride them all and see whats most comfortable..I found the CB1000r and the 883 Iron suited for my needs..Hope you find your match soon..
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2011, 12:37   #24
e46
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Im finding it really difficult to make up my mind with all the choices available today.
I love the inline 4s , I still have my 1972 Honda 750 Four .
How different are the CB1000r and the FZ1.
I like both for the upright riding posture, dont care too much for the crouched riding position on the newer bikes.
Also considering the Hyosung 650N , has both the looks and cubic capacity and comes at a very attractive onroad price of 5L.
Only negative is that its a V Twin and not a inline 4 .
Anyone has any opinions on the Hyosung ?
Xantos
Hey Xantos! Thats one dilemma, i would so luv to be in.

Regarding your query, let me pen my thoughts which I believe would be helpful for you to choose. I gather, you have got a max budget of 10L+ odd, since you have considered the Honda 1L naked.
My take, go for the FZ1! reasons inline..

HD: targets a niche customer base..if you are looking for a sports bike, this is not the one. More of a cult bike, targetting tourers. few dealerships..

Honda: Honestly, HMSI has this habit of overpricing its models. This is no exception..although very smooth and easy to ride.

Hyosung: very sporty and aggressive ridig position. if you are not so focussed about that, i am sure you might not want to go for it. also, Hyosung has got to prove its after sales service stuff.

i see, you have this "thing" for inline engine, like me and would advise to go for it. The FZ1 would be a wise choice from both heart as well as mind!!

Hope, we bget to find more 600s in I4 category.

Abhishek
e46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 10:04   #25

Thanx all you guys !
I finally pulled the trigger on the Honda.
Got one sparingly used with a whole load of aftermarket accessories like Akrapovic exhaust , Power Commander , Sliders, Steering Dampers ,Quick shifter etc
Xantos
Xantos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2011, 10:15   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanx all you guys !
Got one sparingly used with a whole load of aftermarket accessories like Akrapovic exhaust , Power Commander , Sliders, Steering Dampers ,Quick shifter etc
Xantos
Wow! Now, that was quick You owe us two sets of pics now! The ex-one and the new-one! Whats the quote that you got on the Honda?

Also, I would recommend you to look at the 2012 Ninja 650 details on the net.
Old 14th November 2011, 11:49   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanx all you guys !
Xantos
Congratulations on an excellent purchase..Now the two CB brothers can put a big smile to your face. This bike seems to be the one that was for sale with a dealer in Tardeo..
Old 14th November 2011, 11:59   #28

Speedy
Dont know whether it was with a dealer - but I dealt with the owner directly
Xantos
Old 14th November 2011, 11:59   #29
Senior - BHPian

Is the bike Green in color?

I remember reading/seeing one either here or in some magazine about a CB loaded with lots of aftermarket accessories owned by some bakery guy, is this the same one?

Anyway congrats for the CB, now treat us with some nice pictures.
Old 14th November 2011, 20:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanx all you guys !
Congrats Xantos, believe you GTHANG also has a CB. Do keep us posted on your travails with the bike. Do post in some good looking photos of the hunk?
Wishing you long miles with smiles
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks