Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2011, 15:48   #16
BHPian

re: My Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow!

Congrats Josepeter. Its a wonderful ride you got yourself. I love that color.
Im sure you're already aware of the low ground-clearance and how those silencers notoriously scrape at times during cornering.
Any accessories on the cards?
Old 25th November 2011, 14:32   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved back to the Motorbikes forum (from the Assembly Line). Thanks for updating the opening post!
Old 25th November 2011, 20:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Josepeter, Super Low is quite an affordable and enthusiastic bike at its segment. This new color looks really good and cool. Do you have any upgrades in mind for the bike or do you want to let it run bone stock.
Also what was the waiting period for its delivery.
Old 25th November 2011, 22:01   #19
BHPian

Thanks a lot Guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_power View Post
The Harley looks beautiful. Totally speechless..
Please post many more pics.

Any mods planned for the Harley..??

Hope you start the ownership thread soon.. eagerly awaiting.
Yes Yes..Mods are on the way. I'll start with louder slip-ons and some chrome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Congrats! Which lottery did you take? Two monsters now! One a SUV and another a bike
Hehe JK! Not Kerala State Lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Congrats Josepeter. Its a wonderful ride you got yourself. I love that color.
Im sure you're already aware of the low ground-clearance and how those silencers notoriously scrape at times during cornering.
Any accessories on the cards?
Thanks! Yes: you've got to treat speed breakers with respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Congrats Josepeter, Super Low is quite an affordable and enthusiastic bike at its segment. This new color looks really good and cool. Do you have any upgrades in mind for the bike or do you want to let it run bone stock.
Also what was the waiting period for its delivery.
I waited 4 months: Mods are on the way!
Old 26th November 2011, 00:57   #20
BANNED

@Josepeter,

Welcome to the HOG. Enjoy your ride.

Quote:
the low ground-clearance and how those silencers notoriously scrape at times during cornering.
Sure about this? The pegs would scrape much before the silencers touch anything.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 26th November 2011, 08:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Sure about this? The pegs would scrape much before the silencers touch anything.
Yup. I'm sure about the silencer scraping on sharp corners. Indeed the footpegs ground first but it only takes a slightly sharper lean and a couple of seconds more to hear the metal scrape. Big OUCH ! You really have to be very careful with the SuperLow on the ghats etc.

For reference you can also refer to DKG's SuperLow ownership thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...omes-true.html
Old 26th November 2011, 10:12   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Yup. I'm sure about the silencer scraping on sharp corners. Indeed the footpegs ground first but it only takes a slightly sharper lean and a couple of seconds more to hear the metal scrape. Big OUCH ! You really have to be very careful with the SuperLow on the ghats etc.

For reference you can also refer to DKG's SuperLow ownership thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...omes-true.html
Are you sure from having touched the silencer while riding, or are you speculating? If you managed to touch, I'm sure it would have been a sight to see.

I dont need to reference someone else's account. I just rode up the ghats to Ooty last weekend with my Nightster, a Superlow, and some other SBKs from Coimbatore. Yes, there was some peg scraping going on, but the silencer didnt touch anything. I can put up a video of the ride if you dont believe me.

If someone manages to scrape the silencer, please videograph it because I'm sure many would like to see that.

Please note that some potential buyers might be viewing this thread, and the thought of scraping the shiny chrome silencers might put many off. So please be very sure before posting comments as such.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
gthang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 10:26   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
Are you sure from having touched the silencer while riding, or are you speculating? If you managed to touch, I'm sure it would have been a sight to see.

So please be very sure before posting comments as such.
When I said that I am sure, I literally meant it. And yes I am aware of the fact that potential buyers are reading this thread. Anyways, I am not a Harley fanboy or critic. Just thought the 'potential buyers' should be aware of a thing or two about the bike that the sales person wont tell them. Tall speedbreakers and bumpy road leans are a cautious affair on the Superlow. Though I am sure there are owners and riders who havnt had that misfortune.
Unfortunately I couldnt click a snap while the muffler scraped. Surely was a sight!

P.S - If my memory serves me right, one of the auto-mags/blogs did a test-ride report on the SuperLow and one of the pics indeed showed the poor muffler kissing the tarmac during a corner. Let me see If I can dig out that report/snap.
Old 26th November 2011, 12:09   #24
BANNED

Quote:
Just thought the 'potential buyers' should be aware of a thing or two about the bike that the sales person wont tell them. Tall speedbreakers and bumpy road leans are a cautious affair on the Superlow. Though I am sure there are owners and riders who havnt had that misfortune.
Unfortunately I couldnt click a snap while the muffler scraped. Surely was a sight!

P.S - If my memory serves me right, one of the auto-mags/blogs did a test-ride report on the SuperLow and one of the pics indeed showed the poor muffler kissing the tarmac during a corner. Let me see If I can dig out that report/snap.
Please note the design of Superlow footpegs. They are contoured to be below frame level. Also note the feelers on the pegs. If the feelers arent warning enough, and the pegs also not warning enough, you are no longer riding a bike, you are abusing the ride. Yes, the frame scrapes on speedbreakers, but causes no visible damage to the bike. Under normal riding circumstances, chances of scraping the silencers are near impossible. Maybe Turbanator or DKG can vouch for this. Mag test riders(abusers), less said the better. Cheers. Ride safe.
gthang is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2011, 16:17   #25
BHPian

I'm sure all SuperLow owners know and expect that a bit of scraping here and there if the bike is abused on bad roads, and buy the bike willingly: mainly because of affordability, its classic lines and acres of chrome. None of the owners expect an enduro here!

Last edited by josepeter : 26th November 2011 at 16:17. Reason: grammar
Old 7th December 2011, 09:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
I'm sure all SuperLow owners know and expect that a bit of scraping here and there if the bike is abused on bad roads, and buy the bike willingly: mainly because of affordability, its classic lines and acres of chrome. None of the owners expect an enduro here!
Heard that (Overdrive) you get some kit from HD to fix the issue? Can you confirm this?
Old 10th December 2011, 16:33   #27
BHPian

Not the rarest Harley anymore!

Just installed a pair of Vance & Hines Twin slash slip-ons. They sound amazing; much better than the screaming eagles sold from the HD store. I found the bike to be much more eager to rev and much more smooth. Cant wait to have another blast...

Check out this video - Trust me; no video can capture the thunder from those pipes...pure heavy metal!

josepeter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 19:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas

Heard that (Overdrive) you get some kit from HD to fix the issue? Can you confirm this?
Last day i had visited tusker harley showroom and they also said there is a kit which can raise the GC of superlow up to 30mm. But when I enquired the same with chennai Harley showroom, they told that only 5 mm can be raised with that kit and its a real waste of money. Any fellow bhpians please throw light on this matter.
Old 26th January 2012, 21:48   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post

Just installed a pair of Vance & Hines Twin slash slip-ons. They sound amazing;
They sound amazing, may i please get the details of where can i get these pipes and does it void the warranty?
God that rumble is addictive, ive watched the video 4 times.
Old 28th January 2012, 12:49   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
They sound amazing, may i please get the details of where can i get these pipes and does it void the warranty?
God that rumble is addictive, ive watched the video 4 times.
+1 to that simply awesome sounding pipes. By the way docrock, do you own a Harley? Just asking because am from Ooty too and I don't know of any harleys there. If you do own one, it'll be the first Harley In the Queen of hill stations
aadithsince1980 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks