Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2012, 23:50   #46
BHPian

Re: My Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow!

Here is a video of our HOG in Hyderabad.

josepeter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2012, 16:12   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
As done on a friends bike-

The parts required to up the GC by 20mm (in real terms ou get about 15mm+some) is :
a) Front damper tubes
b) rear shock absorbers

Estimated cost is about INR 20000+little.

It works, but you have to find a bike or two thats got this done, talk to owners and figure out if you want (as in- is it worth it?) the increase before you spend.

Cost- as told.

KD
Sir, can you elaborate please? Even a 1 lakh spend to increase ground clearance would keep this cheaper than any other cruiser option.

- Which shocks and how long? 13.5"?
- Which forks? Progressive, which ones?

Any options that you saw that could viably increase actual GC by more than 25mm? If I could find an authoritative answer to this, I would buy this bike.
jalva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2013, 12:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
Here is a video of our HOG in Hyderabad.
[/url]
Nice one!

Do keep us posted about your ownership report.

Last edited by bblost : 11th February 2013 at 12:12. Reason: Removed embedded video
Old 21st February 2013, 10:48   #49
BANNED

Just got gifted(How lucky can stupid people like me get) with superlow(Black) , i dont even know the proper name of the colour yet.Paid in cash,full!
Although i was never in love with a harley, but that toned down rumble and vibes are surely addictive.
Bikes due to be delievered sometime next month(march/may be early april)

I have been informed that it comes without a pillion seat/pad?
Where do i get a pillion seat fixed.
what else do i need to know?
Old 23rd February 2013, 15:47   #50
BHPian

You can get a pillion pad fixed form the shop, i believe it costs around 8K.

If you really need to know what u need to know..just ride! Believe me, you'll end up with a pretty long list of mods and riding gear!

Good Luck and ride Safe
Old 23rd February 2013, 17:06   #51
BANNED

I was informed 25/26march as scheduled delievery.
Got a call from dealr that, he can give me my bike as early as 3/4 march.
How can the order arrive before time? Is he trying to sell me the test ride bike,did someone cancel his booking?
How can i know?
Also that 8k for the pillion pad alone or does it come with the back rest aswell?
Old 24th February 2013, 13:32   #52
BHPian

Hey Dustom,

The dealer usually gives a very safe date when bookings are taken, Bikes can be made available from HD India in batches and often they come earlier than expected. So no worries...

Backrests are generally an expensive affair..some 20K onwards...have a look at options available at the dealers'. You need them if you plan on taking pillion often, its a real pain to sit pillion without a backrest.
Old 25th February 2013, 16:07   #53
BHPian

OK- this is what you do-
1. The bike being given to you cannot be a old bike. It will be a new one. As suggested by my friend Jose, the dealer would have crapped with you about delivery dates being April or something so that you dont go around breaking his head every week.

2. The documentation will show 2013 manufacture, and the odo will reflect about 50-75Km- as possible from the godown-sales shworoom-RTO inspection-showroom/office.

3. BUY the crash guard+pillion seat. DO not buy anything else for about 8-10 days. The pillion seat is highly unsafe without the backrest. So you will get in touch with fellow Harley owners on rides and various Facebook Fora (is that the plural of Forum?), and you will find a huge trading market happening wrt to such items from all over India, possibly people making them in small scale, selling them, and often times getting it from various sources, including ebay sales from overseas.

4. In the worst case, in two weeks or your next paycheck, you will be ready to spend the additional 25K for the stays on either side of the back rest, the back rest itself and oh yes the leather padding on the backrest.

Ride safe, and be gentle to your SuperLow- it is by far the least troublesome of bikes, and if you learn to ride it well, it can be the most fun to ride as well.

Many safe miles to you.

Regards,
KD.

Last edited by Hammer & Anvil : 25th February 2013 at 16:12. Reason: spellings-intended and real.
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th February 2013, 16:32   #54
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer & Anvil View Post
OK- this is what you do-
1. The bike being given to you cannot be a old bike. It will be a new one. As suggested by my friend Jose, the dealer would have crapped with you about delivery dates being April or something so that you dont go around breaking his head every week.

2. The documentation will show 2013 manufacture, and the odo will reflect about 50-75Km- as possible from the godown-sales shworoom-RTO inspection-showroom/office.

3. BUY the crash guard+pillion seat. DO not buy anything else for about 8-10 days. The pillion seat is highly unsafe without the backrest. So you will get in touch with fellow Harley owners on rides and various Facebook Fora (is that the plural of Forum?), and you will find a huge trading market happening wrt to such items from all over India, possibly people making them in small scale, selling them, and often times getting it from various sources, including ebay sales from overseas.

4. In the worst case, in two weeks or your next paycheck, you will be ready to spend the additional 25K for the stays on either side of the back rest, the back rest itself and oh yes the leather padding on the backrest.

Ride safe, and be gentle to your SuperLow- it is by far the least troublesome of bikes, and if you learn to ride it well, it can be the most fun to ride as well.

Many safe miles to you.

Regards,
KD.
I thought about it, and found the answer on in own backyard.
Have decided to fab my own backrest/side plates and engine crash guard.
I guess it will add to the whole experience of being a HOG.
Also i do have all equipments to do the same already,JD squared bender/1"bending die , welder,drill, grinder and tools.
It will be slightely different design from what everyone else would be getting from the dealership.

Guess i will only buy a pillion seat or may be get it from ebay or sumthing. No experience with leather!
Only thing, i would not be able to chrome it (atleast not upto harley quality), so may be i would paint it in some retro colour.

have also decided to increase the GC, do it my own way. but that probably would be done next year.
Old 4th March 2013, 14:18   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustom_99 View Post
...have also decided to increase the GC, do it my own way. but that probably would be done next year.
The crashguard fabrication should be possible, expecially if you get someone to help you with a stock guard as a template. I have only a word of caution- the guard and its bolts are meant to take the brunt of a crash. If you are serious about it, then visit a service center where you will surely find a Harley or two- without guards, crashed and badly 'had' - and if you cannot, let me know, I will send you pics of what happens to bikes with poor designed/quality or no guards. Its a peanuts expense, last heard between 13-15K, which to the best of my knowledge, is very reasonable compared to the damage by even the silliest of tip overs outside a cafe.

As regards the rear, I dont have any such serious advice- just finish it well, as everyone will be seeing it more than your face :-P
Hammer & Anvil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2013, 17:44   #56
BHPian

Nice Bike! I am deciding between a Harley and Bonneville. Most likely will go for a Harley, just not sure which one. One thing thats holding me back is the reviews about rock hard suspension on the sportsers. How would that compare with the suspension of a RE classic 500? Are Harleys easier to ride than Bullets?
Old 27th August 2013, 15:58   #57
BHPian

Just recently I had the test drive of the 883 Super Low at Harley showroom in Kochi. Pretty decent bike and with all that chrome, I was running around the bike like a small boy !!! It just stole my heart..
Took the machine out for a test ride and the experience was awesome. Seriously in my wishlist only for 2014 owing to some commitments of building a nest for my family.
Now, the one thing I am worried about is the low GC for which the SA told you have options of paying another 35k to increase it. With the the condition of the roads here, I am pretty sure that with the low GC the machine has, Ill be scraping my ride the whole day.
What options do I hold, now?
gopu.g is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 16:39   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopu.g View Post
Now, the one thing I am worried about is the low GC for which the SA told you have options of paying another 35k to increase it. With the the condition of the roads here, I am pretty sure that with the low GC the machine has, Ill be scraping my ride the whole day.
What options do I hold, now?
What exactly would he do with 35K to increase the GC? And by how much?

My guess would be that he would just replace rear shockers with those of a bigger harley.
Old 1st October 2013, 08:43   #59
BHPian

My bike is now a show winning bobber! Have look.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superb...ce-bobber.html
josepeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2015, 21:04   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josepeter View Post
You can get a pillion pad fixed form the shop, i believe it costs around 8K.

If you really need to know what u need to know..just ride! Believe me, you'll end up with a pretty long list of mods and riding gear!

Good Luck and ride Safe
Greetings to you Jose Peter,
I am booking a 2015 superlow from Ernakulam, Do I have to pay full to place an order. What is the payment options. I will be paying cash. Please advice.
Regards to all bhpians, Joe from Fort Cochin.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks