Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:35   #46
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence

Frankly seeing this thread again and again in the past few days what i can see is that the only agenda of this thread is to show the might of a public forum against Garware motors and make them bend down or else their image in front of a automotive community would go down. Frankly it seems like a blackmailing act. This is a simple case of a crash during service/repairs and when giving our vehicle we do sign a form which states that its our risk. Even then if something happens most of the companies are decent enough to give any balance amount between the insurance claim and the value of the car/bike.

We can also see that there is gross insensitivity on the fact that a person has died. I have always found that things have sorted out when you calmly and firmly talk to people. You just cannot say that since i have 5000 friends on facebook you cannot dare mess with me.

Mods: I would actually advice you to lock this thread unless we get something more constructive out of here. This seems more like a blackmailing/frustration release thread.
navpreet318 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 17:47   #47
Senior - BHPian

Though I do not agree with "blackmailing act" part from above post. I think this is thread is getting no where as personal opinions are not helping either the biker or the company.

Justice be served and I am sure there is a win win situation for both parties. All the best!
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:33   #48
Mik
BHPian

This thread has been created with the sole purpose of maligning the company. The threadstarter knows it. Its best that this thread is deleted.
Though, some interesting thoughts did come up which do shock me

1. A mech dies and your fb status is all about the bike being crashed by the stupid mechanic.

2. An expensive lid is more important than someones life. (Hell ! i have an expensive lid too but would never ever think twice before giving it to somebody. Since when did helmets become so costly)

3. The death of a mechanic is "beside" the point.

I particularly appreciate the stance taken by the "someotherbhp" moderator. Excellent and right on the money!

P.S: Thread starter had sent me a friend request too. Good thing i never accepted it(had no idea who he was) In hindsight, he is just a guy looking for some back slapping and acknowledgement from bikers.
Mik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:37   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
how silly is that - you expect a company to give a brand new bike to you just because their dealer crashed yours?
Godforbid, if you were in the same situation. Would you agree to the same?
What would be the price of your bike now in the second hand market and what would be the price once its met with a bad accident?
Would you want to keep a bike which has had a bad accident?

My anwer to all of the above is NO. Whats yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I think they wanted his bike to be back in shape to try finishing the ride or head back home, they just wanted to please him, what happened afterwards was bad though.
Please do not think the dealer is doing a favor to him or you. I for one would never buy a bike from Garware motors, let alone a 6lacs bike. The reason is they arent trustworthy to me. Its also called brand image. You guys who have bought their bike have done a huge favour to them. Demand better service.
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:54   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Please do not think the dealer is doing a favor to him or you. I for one would never buy a bike from Garware motors, let alone a 6lacs bike. The reason is they arent trustworthy to me. Its also called brand image. You guys who have bought their bike have done a huge favour to them. Demand better service.
OK, try buying the Ninja 650, slip it on the highway at midnight (in a far away location where the dealer you bought it from, does not do business), damage the fuel pump and then ask Bajaj for immediate repairs followed by test ride and delivery.

Tell us how it goes, and specifically how Bajaj treats you .
anandpadhye is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 18:55   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Well,i dont understand,whats the problem in claiming insurance?
why fret over a few thousands and NCB,i dont get it.
A poor soul lost his life,no one
Well...to be honest that's the first thing I have told him (Melroy) in one of the comments I posted on his fb update.

When you have insurance cover then why bother playing blame-games?

Earlier, I was one of those who believed that the Mech was not qualified for the job. But now, I am not!

Don't know about his previous works, but that is again one thing we guys cannot generalize! May be the mechanic was sleepy or drowsy that time. I mean, who knows? It was 3am in the morning guys. It wasn't his first time riding that powerful a bike. He must have been doing this job for months. Because he crashed and died, does that make him less qualified than any other mechanic? What do you guys think?

Garware motors/employees have been very rude meanwhile. They could have come out clean if they cared to manage the whole scene calmly. Hurling abuses at the biking fraternity won't help them run their shops here for long. Hyosung might have to pack their bags back again soon.

Last edited by manson : 23rd November 2011 at 02:11.
Old 22nd November 2011, 19:02   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac187 View Post
Godforbid, if you were in the same situation. Would you agree to the same?
No - you may not believe but i will claim insurance and finish the matter. If the extent of damage isnt huge to the chasis or so, there is no use fighting for a new bike.

If the company is not willing to pay for everything, other than going to court i cant find a way out. After tons of updates, we dont even know how badly is the bike damaged?

I didnt purchase the bike to sell it, GT650R would anyways not get a good price in the second hand market as of now, yes i as an owner say this. GT650R carries a comprehensive insurance.

I dont say melroy is wrong in expecting dealer or garware to shell out such kind of money, i may have thought so as well but in real life thats hard to get, the parts of these bikes cost 10 times the cost of a 6 lakh car thats the reason everyone shells out extra for a comp insurance, even the fairing costs around 23-30.

The only thing i can do for it to fight it out in the court, even on tbhp, many members faced it, fought for 1.5- 2 years for a car damaged in service and recieved a new car - if you think its worth it, go for it.

Quote:
Favour for what? My friend Zeeshan (on fb) went to allahabad and encountered a issue with his bike, called Garware and requested them to come to his home.

The tow service is free for 100 kms and then chargeable at 68/km. Now as other companies would, they didnt tell him to tow the bike and bring it to Delhi which is 400-500 kms away as thats where the nearest svc is. Instead the service head with a mechanic visited his home and fixed everthing for free - i find it a good service, what about you? He talked calmy to them, co-operated and got the work done.

Its not you - many dont find the brand trustworthy and thats normal for a new company. Please, i have not done any favour to them, i spent 5.5 lakhs because i found the product good, its not that they pleaded me to buy it, as for service, its smooth till now. The closest competitor Bajaj doesnt even provide tow - away. A few people ran out of fuel at 10-11 PM and the service van delivered 4 litres of fuel - you will see that they want to give good service.
I have updated my thread as well about my service exp and what i feel good i report, whats bad is bad. The dealer misbehaved and some action should be taken against him, a customer can never be abused, in any business. You need to know both sides of the story - i do

Last edited by coolboy007 : 22nd November 2011 at 19:06.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:08   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Frankly seeing this thread again and again in the past few days what i can see is that the only agenda of this thread is to show the might of a public forum against Garware motors and make them bend down or else their image in front of a automotive community would go down. Frankly it seems like a blackmailing act. This is a simple case of a crash during service/repairs and when giving our vehicle we do sign a form which states that its our risk. Even then if something happens most of the companies are decent enough to give any balance amount between the insurance claim and the value of the car/bike.

We can also see that there is gross insensitivity on the fact that a person has died. I have always found that things have sorted out when you calmly and firmly talk to people. You just cannot say that since i have 5000 friends on facebook you cannot dare mess with me.

Mods: I would actually advice you to lock this thread unless we get something more constructive out of here. This seems more like a blackmailing/frustration release thread.
I totally agree with Navpreet. Not just lock but delete this thread.
nanduchitnis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 20:49   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
I totally agree with Navpreet. Not just lock but delete this thread.

No locking/deleting business till OP answers some of the unanswered questions else... something/someone has to be deleted.
Old 22nd November 2011, 22:47   #55
BHPian

Now I am also blocked on his facebook because I wrote the following:
Quote:
So is Hyosung getting all this bad press just so that you can save on your No Claim Bonus + Rs.1000 claim processing charges? Wouldn't the 10k Garware gave you for your ride (that you did not finish due to the fall YOU caused) enough to cover those?

@Others the mechanic didn't come to the workshop with an intention of suicide.

My advice: If you don't want to get banned from TBHP (too) please go forward and reply on your thread.
Also, if you want a new bike, claim the old one as a total loss and buy a Ninja. You won't lose any money since the policy is a zero dep. You should know this since you paid for it.
Thank you Melroy for blocking me. Now I don't have to look at your posts on FB everyday.

Last edited by Samurai : 22nd November 2011 at 23:16. Reason: Rule #2
Old 29th December 2011, 12:28   #56
BHPian

The judge at the Consumer Disputes Redressal forum,Central Mumbai district has admitted my case on 13th Dec, against RC motors for crashing the bike.
The Court's Notice has been sent out to for which I'm awaiting reply.
melroyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2011, 13:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

It would be better to lock this thread here and avoid unnecessary updates. Since Melroy has gone to court. He can come back and inform the mods of the result and then this thread can be opened.

Saves a lot of 'whodunnit's and "whose fault it is".
Old 29th December 2011, 13:04   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
Go approach the consumer forum and take all the details/ bills/documents along with you. See if you can find any witness. File a FIR for negligence and lapse in duty of care under law of tort.This will be in regard to the mechanic who damaged your bike and his death. Worry not , his death is not your headache. ..
The judge at the Consumer Disputes Redressal Forum,Central Mumbai District has admitted my case against the dealer for crashing the bike on 13th December,2011.I'm awaiting the reply of the Notice sent out to the dealer by the Court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANUJ GEORGE View Post
That was very unfortunate, and I hope you have all the papers with you. Did RC Motors give you the copy of the job card when they took your bike for repairs? In my opinion, it is always safe to consult a good lawer before you deal with the dealer, specially when it comes to written communication.
And do not feel sorry for the Mechanic, it's not your fault that they lost the mechanic. They should have trained the Mechanic for what he should be doing and what he shouldn't be.
I have consulted my lawyer and he has advised me to put a case up against the dealer at the Consumer Court, Which I have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Melroy:

From what I understand of this situation.
1. You gave your bike for repairs.
2. The dealership during the course of repairing the bike gave it to their mechanics.
3. Unfortunately the mechanic crashed your bike and tragically died.

There are 2 separate things, now.

The unfortunate and tragic death of Mahindra (mechanic).
I have read some posts in facebook, where the dealership is blaming you.
There is NO way you were responsible for this accident. The mechanic was not wearing a helmet. The dealership and the mechanic are responsible for this. The dealership because they have no sense of responsibility towards the safety of their staff. Its the unspoken duty of an employer to keep the employee's safe. They FAILED.

Your bike is damaged.
The cost of repairs must be borne by the Dealership.
Legal Precedent: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ase-court.html
Yes I have read the thread on the Ford Fiesta accident done by the dealer,it was really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
1) Sad to hear the loss of the mechanics life - sadder to hear how he died - without helmet - revving the crap out of a twin cylinder bike - not a mature sign!!

2) You can nearly kiss the bike good bye, dont get me wrong - but too many things are against your case.... (a) mechanical fault (b) loss of life - Insurance will make your life miserable before paying you. Was it a full cash purchase or a loan purchase?

3) Get a lawyer ASAP and 1st clear yourself from the death (it was on your bike - 3rd party insurance will come out of your policy), then fight for the 5-6Lacs of the bike!! Please contact the TBhpian who is expert in automobile insurance, I forgot his name - he is also from bombay...
The GT650R was purchased on full cash.I have visited the police station at Ahmadabad and I have given my statement of the accident as the tragic event had happened on my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Very sorry to hear your sad tale mate!! This is what happens when you buy stuff from third rate parties like Garware.
They can never be trusted to honor any commitments. Please make a detailed report with all facts and approach the consumer court for redressal. Also ensure you file a report at the police station so that you are not harrassed by the mechanic's family or Garware blaming his death on you.
I have aproached the Consumer Court, the hearing for the same comes up on 24th Jan 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
RCM compensates for mechanic; Garware takes the crashed bike, sell to scrap and/or claim insurance; give away a new bike to Mel. How complex are these?

When Hyosung & Garware are stepping into business, shouldn't these incidents been handled well?
I have already written a letter to Garware Co's informing them about the accident.They are not ready to give me a new bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nav75 View Post
I am one of the many people you have removed. Not that I am repenting it but just to call your bluff. I am not related to Garware by any means & I never blamed you for mechanic death. I just mentioned what's normally written on a job card (that you are giving the vehicle to service at your own risk) & next thing you did was to click remove.
I'm SORRY bro for deleting and removing you from my fb account.
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:03   #59
GTO
Team-BHP Support

As there is an update, this thread has been re-opened. Thread starter is requested to keep updating us, and also answer member queries as they come in.
Old 3rd January 2012, 16:20   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Did the dealer fill a job card at the time of arrival of the bike in their service center. If so,this is proof enough to fix the responsibility with that dealer. And further road trials are supposed to be taken with the dealers test registration number. The one in red and white.
Hi rajeev, no job card was filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Totally agree with you that its the employer's duty to provide the basic gear. The sales manager alleged that Melroy refused to lend his helmet when asked for it, thats why i popped the question. He can obviously come forward and clear his stand. ..
Hi motormania.I was not asked for my helmet,I would have been ready to give if asked so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
can we see some pictures, the first thing is why would you also not stop the mech from riding the bike like that as well.
Hi jesal.Sure I will be uploading them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
AFAIK, Garware motors agreed to pay whatever is the difference post claiming insurance. Don't think there is anything 'VERY' wrong with that. What you lose in the bargain is 1 year's worth of NCB on your insurance. Thats it.

P.S.: If you drop a bike and things go wrong after the bike is dropped, it IS supposed to be your fault. So the broken fuel pump, my friend IS YOUR FAULT!! Nothing wrong with what the Service guy said there.
Hi antz.It is not just of loosing the no claim bonus,they are many other things to it.
1.Reliability:After dropping my bike the fuel pump started giving problems,I can only dread to what issues I can get now with this bike since it now taken a hard blow.
2.Loss on SALE:The Hyosung don't have a high brand value and now when I sell this bike that is involved in an accident it can only get worse.
3.Place of accident:Since the accident has happened at the dealer's end,I the customer would not like to claim insurance for the same and would expect the dealer to repair the damages.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence-2.jpg  

Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence-1.jpg  

Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence-3.jpg  

Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence-4.jpg  

Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence-5.jpg  

melroyal is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed