Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 19:11   #76
BHPian

re: Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Could be a delay tactic?
I believe there is a new law passed this year for the consumer courts that states that for each passing day IF the manufacturer is proven guilty the complainant stands to gain Rs 500 per day from the date of filing the case. I met the team in Cochin that framed this law which has now been passed in the parliament. If even one case goes in favour of the complainant it will be the end of delaying tactics by the opposite party. I have my consumer case going on regarding my Junkindica(my cars nick name) for the past 11(Eleven) years. In addition I have claimed Rs 329000/- and cumulative deposit on this amount at 12 percent per annum till the date the cheque is handed over to me. An individual agreed to buy my Junkindica last month for double the actual present depreciated cost of the car; no prizes for guessing who that person might be. I think the company know now that the value of my Junkindica is about Rs 28 to 32 lakhs. Far fetched it might seem but I am praying this case of mine is an eye opener for all consumer cases against manufacturers. Melroy do not be saddened with the lack of pace of the consumer courts. The Consumer courts are extremely short on staff. Be ready for the long haul. I presume at least 6 to 8 years. Hold stead fast in your resolve. There could be threats too in the coming years including threats of grievous injury to you. Been there experienced that. Keep the faith and fight for your right. Its only because majority of the public have the "everything goes( Chaltha Hai)" attitude in India that the company's take us for granted. Just one judgment with the Rs 500 per day remuneration will wake up all manufacturers in India from the Royal Apathy shown to Indians.

Last edited by drpullockaran : 14th February 2012 at 19:15.
drpullockaran is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 19:19   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
I believe there is a new law passed this year for the consumer courts that states that for each passing day IF the manufacturer is proven guilty the complainant stands to gain Rs 500 per day from the date of filing the case. I met the team in Cochin that framed this law which has now been passed in the parliament. If even one case goes in favour of the complainant it will be the end of delaying tactics by the opposite party.

Been there experienced that. Keep the faith and fight for your right. Its only because majority of the public have the "everything goes( Chaltha Hai)" attitude in India that the company's take us for granted. Just one judgment with the Rs 500 per day remuneration will wake up all manufacturers in India from the Royal Apathy shown to Indians.
Wow doc! This is some revelation! and something to cheer up Melroy. Hats off to your patience doc!
Old 14th February 2012, 19:48   #78
Senior - BHPian

@Doc, it'stime you changed the nickname of your car from "junkindica" to "goldindica" - I doubt even gold would have appreciated the way your car has. Jokes apart, it is good that legislation is being brought in to take care of the dirty games played by manufacturers.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2012, 20:03   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
Had the second hearing of my case today at Consumer Court.
The Judge has asked both the parties including me to file a written affidavit and has scheduled the next hearing date on 21st March.
May be i will be doing the same thing as my CBR 250R is not being attended properly and it has been with the dealer for a total of two months in the 7 months of purchase.
Old 15th February 2012, 14:25   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Melroy,
Have you got the bike repaired and back with you are is it still lying at the police station?
The hearing process seems to be slow - why do they want an affidavit?
Wish the process was a little quick, every time they give a full 1 month gap in hearing.
The bike's lying in a damaged condition at RC Motors.Affidavit is a document which is similar to an Oath taking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpullockaran View Post
..Melroy do not be saddened with the lack of pace of the consumer courts. The Consumer courts are extremely short on staff. ..
Yeah bro.It has now been 3 months and a formal court ducussion with the opponent parties hasn't yet started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmeetsingh View Post
May be i will be doing the same thing as my CBR 250R is not being attended properly and it has been with the dealer for a total of two months in the 7 months of purchase.
Hey jasmeet, is it a dealer issue or a manufacturing defect?
Old 15th February 2012, 18:29   #81
BHPian

Quote:
The bike's lying in a damaged condition at RC Motors.Affidavit is a document which is similar to an Oath taking. Yeah bro.It has now been 3 months and a formal court ducussion with the opponent parties hasn't yet started.
In my particular case I blundered in accepting a compromise decree in the year 2003. That was the biggest blunder I made because of which the opposite party had a good ploy of prolonging the case. I represented myself in my case for ten years with help from a lawyer and friend but after it turned into a criminal case in the month of September last year I was forced to employ the very same friend/lawyer as I was advised that criminal cases in courts are better handled by lawyers even if it is permitted to represent ourself in the case. For ten whole years I personally went to court to fight my case. I used to take Mondays off in the morning once a month and instead work on Sundays.

Do not under any circumstance agree for a compromise as its just a ploy by the company to buy time.
drpullockaran is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 08:04   #82
BHPian

Quote:
The bike's lying in a damaged condition at RC Motors.Affidavit is a document which is similar to an Oath taking.

Yeah bro.It has now been 3 months and a formal court ducussion with the opponent parties hasn't yet started.

Hey jasmeet, is it a dealer issue or a manufacturing defect?
I dont know i feel it is a faulty bike because all the things happened within 4 days of purchase and now they are not ready to give extended warranty.
Honda has sent a team of R&D to check my bike. I will update on what happens and am i going your way or not.
Old 16th February 2012, 09:48   #83
Senior - BHPian

doc that's some amount patience and perseverance pal. Your experience is truly an eye opener, especially the amount the party proved as guilty should pay.
I pray that justice prevails and that the final verdict is in your favor. It's about amount time manufacturers stopped taking us indians for a ride with lemons they manufacture.
Old 21st March 2012, 16:50   #84
BHPian

Attended the case 3rd hearing today.
Mr Vishal Punjabi(Ronit Motors,Mumbai) submitted the Power of Attorney,so that he can represent Mr Hari Kishan(RC Motors,Ahmedabad) for the case.
Judge has asked us to give our Arguments in Writing and scheduled the next hearing for 8th May.
Old 14th May 2012, 21:36   #85
BHPian

Re: Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence

Quote:
Judge has asked us to give our Arguments in Writing and scheduled the next hearing for 8th May.
Hi Mel, any updates on your case?
Old 15th May 2012, 13:34   #86
BHPian

The update I heard from Mel was that the dealer offered to repair the bike and Mel has not accepted that offer. His reasoning is even if its repaired the re-sale value will be drastically hit. Will let Mel post the details.

Also, even if it was me I might also not want the bike in which a life was lost.
Old 15th May 2012, 23:48   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenicotine View Post
Hi Mel, any updates on your case?
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
The update I heard from Mel was that the dealer offered to repair the bike and Mel has not accepted that offer. His reasoning is even if its repaired the re-sale value will be drastically hit. Will let Mel post the details.

Also, even if it was me I might also not want the bike in which a life was lost.
Had the case 4th hearing at Consumer Court.RC Motors has agreed to repair the bike by claiming the Insurance and the difference arising from the claim will be paid by them,I declined the offer in Court.

The reliability of the bike is questionable after the high speed accident,if dropping the bike leads to the fuel pump getting damage followed by petrol leakage later.I can only imagine what kinds of problems I will start getting now after taking back the bike.
Case next hearing is posted for Oral Arguments on 19th June.
melroyal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2012, 11:41   #88
BHPian

Hi Mel any updates? What is the present status of your case?
Old 5th July 2012, 14:46   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmopolitan View Post
Hi Mel any updates? What is the present status of your case?
5th hearing of my case on 19thJune, discussion didn't happen.
Judge wanted to continue with another Complainant Medical case and gave a date for the next hearing on 24thJuly.I felt that the Judge did it on purpose,so that this matter would be settled out of court.
Old 31st August 2012, 21:11   #90
BHPian

Hi Melroy

So what;s the latest update . Did Hearing happened on 24th July .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks