Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2012, 23:32   #91
BHPian

Re: Hyosung GT650R crashed due to Garware dealer mechanic's negligence

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Hi Melroy

So what;s the latest update . Did Hearing happened on 24th July .
Dealer is now agreeing to get the bike repaired by claiming bike's Insurance and the remaining difference would be paid by them,I have declined the offer.Judge seeing that we are not getting into a settlement then asked us to wait in the court hall and he would call us back.After all other's cases were done,we were then called back.
Judge started writing down the Oral arguments in a book for the first time.Judge asked for a English translation of the Police complain which I have submitted earlier which is in Gujarati language.Case next hearing date is on 4th Sept.
Old 1st September 2012, 12:15   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroyal View Post
Dealer is now agreeing to get the bike repaired by claiming bike's Insurance and the remaining difference would be paid by them,I have declined the offer.Judge seeing that we are not getting into a settlement then asked us to wait in the court hall and he would call us back.After all other's cases were done,we were then called back.
Judge started writing down the Oral arguments in a book for the first time.Judge asked for a English translation of the Police complain which I have submitted earlier which is in Gujarati language.Case next hearing date is on 4th Sept.
Do you plan to use the bike after repairs or sell it off? If you plan to sell it off then I would suggest that you claim insurance and get it into repairs asap and then dispose it off.

Incase you plan to keep the ride and use it then ensure in great detail that ALL damages (some might not be visibly apparent) are perfectly repaired. In anycase, you wont get much resale value on this bike due to the brand and category (price).

P.S - Has the judge taken the testimony from the insurance damage surveyor about the cost and extent of damage?
Old 1st September 2012, 14:42   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Do you plan to use the bike after repairs or sell it off? If you plan to sell it off then I would suggest that you claim insurance and get it into repairs asap and then dispose it off.

Incase you plan to keep the ride and use it then ensure in great detail that ALL damages (some might not be visibly apparent) are perfectly repaired. In anycase, you wont get much resale value on this bike due to the brand and category (price).

P.S - Has the judge taken the testimony from the insurance damage surveyor about the cost and extent of damage?
Hey bro.I don't plan to get it repaired and use it neither to sell it to off to another person.I have asked the Judge in my case papers to grant me a refund as the bike has been badly damaged.
Insurance surveyor hasn't estimated the cost of the damage,the dealer states that the extent is up to 1Lac.
Old 1st September 2012, 16:02   #94
BHPian

Its one story which should not happen to anyone. All dreams of owning a bike and ridding to glory shattered.
Looks like its going to take a long time. Hope you get a speedy response.
Completely no point in picking up that accident bike and repairing it.
It will never be new. Hope you get the refund / at-least a brand new bike.
Don't settle for anything less.
What is your expense on filling the case, advocate charges and things like that.
Please log-in all the money and time spent for this court process which will be of added help to others.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2012, 01:08   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Its one story which should not happen to anyone. All dreams of owning a bike and ridding to glory shattered.
Looks like its going to take a long time. Hope you get a speedy response.
Completely no point in picking up that accident bike and repairing it.
It will never be new. Hope you get the refund / at-least a brand new bike.
Don't settle for anything less.
What is your expense on filling the case, advocate charges and things like that.
Please log-in all the money and time spent for this court process which will be of added help to others.
Hey bro.I wouldn't like to have a brand new bike,as the bike gives a lot of problems.

At the time of admissions of the case papers,you need to prepare a demand draft (Rs400) and submit to the court.Also the Court Notice's needs to be sent out to the parties by Registered AD.Then during the court proceedings you will need to submit an Affidavit,then followed by the Written Arguments.These documents need to be prepared from a lawyer,who will charge Rs2,000 per document.There is no necessity for a lawyer to be present at the case hearing's.
Old 2nd September 2012, 09:15   #96
MHG
BHPian

Quote:
I'm following this thread closely.

I need some clarifications on what would happen if you claim bike's insurance. My understanding is that it would reflect on YOUR records, which is BAD for YOU because all your future premiums would take a hit, especially if you ever decide to go abroad (insurance I hear is expensive in the US of A).
Old 2nd September 2012, 12:46   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHG View Post
I'm following this thread closely.

I need some clarifications on what would happen if you claim bike's insurance. My understanding is that it would reflect on YOUR records, which is BAD for YOU because all your future premiums would take a hit, especially if you ever decide to go abroad (insurance I hear is expensive in the US of A).
Yes bro your right.
Once the bike's Insurance is claimed the future premiums will sky rocket.Even if I plan on changing the bike's Insurance Co's later,I would still have to pay a higher Insurance premium.
Old 17th September 2012, 16:19   #98
BHPian

GTO said this in January

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
As there is an update, this thread has been re-opened. Thread starter is requested to keep updating us, and also answer member queries as they come in.
I asked this in November.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Now I am also blocked on his facebook because I wrote the following:

Quote:
So is Hyosung getting all this bad press just so that you can save on your No Claim Bonus + Rs.1000 claim processing charges? Wouldn't the 10k Garware gave you for your ride (that you did not finish due to the fall YOU caused) enough to cover those?

@Others the mechanic didn't come to the workshop with an intention of suicide.

My advice: If you don't want to get banned from TBHP (too) please go forward and reply on your thread.
Also, if you want a new bike, claim the old one as a total loss and buy a Ninja. You won't lose any money since the policy is a zero dep. You should know this since you paid for it.
Thank you Melroy for blocking me. Now I don't have to look at your posts on FB everyday.
But still I haven't got a reply from you 10 months down the line. May I know why?
If doing the bit in bold will give you exactly what you want (i.e. money for a brand new bike, the 2012 Ninja 650R will cost a similar amount.) why are you wasting your time and money in court?
Answering this query is more important to you than you think so please do it fast.
Old 17th September 2012, 16:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
But still I haven't got a reply from you 10 months down the line. May I know why?
If doing the bit in bold will give you exactly what you want (i.e. money for a brand new bike, the 2012 Ninja 650R will cost a similar amount.) why are you wasting your time and money in court?
Answering this query is more important to you than you think so please do it fast.
Hey antz.Dealer is not offering me money to buy a brand new bike neither is providing a replacement for the damaged bike.
They weren't ready to repair the bike by paying the difference in amount after claiming the bike's Insurance.Also I was told that I myself need to speak to the transporter and arrange to get the bike shipped to Mumbai.

"Also, if you want a new bike, claim the old one as a total loss and buy a Ninja. You won't lose any money since the policy is a zero dep. You should know this since you paid for it. " -don't know about this,can you tell me how should I go about doing it??

Last edited by melroyal : 17th September 2012 at 16:39. Reason: adding more details
Old 17th September 2012, 23:39   #100
BHPian

Quote:
So is Hyosung getting all this bad press just so that you can save on your No Claim Bonus + Rs.1000 claim processing charges? Wouldn't the 10k Garware gave you for your ride (that you did not finish due to the fall YOU caused) enough to cover those?
Hey antz.Issue wasn't about the Rs.1,000 No Claim Bonus,it was who was going to pay the remaining cost after claiming the Bike's Insurance.

Sponsored ride amount of Rs.10,000 was spent on doing the trial ride in October and the actual ride on November 2011.Yes,the ride wasn't finished but there was already cost incurred in doing the ride.

Besides the money issue (of No Claim Bonus & Sponsored ride amount),there have been other cost incurred by me:
1.Myself arranging to put the bike on a pick-up van to get the bike sent,from the National Highway road to the Ahmadabad dealers place which was about 20kms.
2.Traveling from Ahmadabad to Mumbai by private transport,on the accident day.
3.Traveling back to Gujarat again next month on December 2011 to attend the Police Station (Mumbai to Ahmadabad Morning & Ahmadabad to Mumbai Evening). As the mechanic died riding the motorcycle which is registered on my name.
Old 18th September 2012, 02:40   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Hey antz.Dealer is not offering me money to buy a brand new bike neither is providing a replacement for the damaged bike.
They weren't ready to repair the bike by paying the difference in amount after claiming the bike's Insurance.Also I was told that I myself need to speak to the transporter and arrange to get the bike shipped to Mumbai.

"Also, if you want a new bike, claim the old one as a total loss and buy a Ninja. You won't lose any money since the policy is a zero dep. You should know this since you paid for it. " -don't know about this,can you tell me how should I go about doing it??
Well instead of asking me now and blocking me back then, you could have asked me then and I would have told you to read your policy document properly. As Coolboy007, a fellow GT650R owner tells us elsewhere on this thread, Garware Hyosung used to offer a Tata AIG zero depreciation policy standard with all GT650Rs they sold.

Tata AIG, alongwith their Zero Dep policy offers a rider called "Return to Invoice". If Hyosung was smart, they would have included that particular rider in their standard insurance policy. As it turns out, if you do have this rider on your Insurance policy AND the initial repair estimate for the bike exceeds 60% of the IDV, you can claim the bike as total loss and the Insurance company is then liable to reimburse you the original Invoice amount (not IDV).

Original Invoice = Ex-Showroom price + Road Tax + Registration

So if you have paid for this rider, get in touch with your insurance company to know more about what can be done.
To know more, just visit the Tata AIG website:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata AIG Website
Return to Invoice: Pays you the difference between the claim amount receivable under the policy and the purchase price of vehicle as per invoice in the event of a Total Loss including the first time registration charges and road tax incurred by you on the insured Vehicle. This cover is available for vehicles up to 3 years old. The cover pays the current price or the invoice value whichever is lesser.
Source: http://www.tataaiginsurance.in/taig/...oup/motor.html

This is not insurance fraud that I am telling you to do. This is what you have paid for.

-----------------------------

If you don't have this rider on your policy, well, then you are royally screwed. Why? Due to things you did, read on for details.

If you hadn't made such a fuss about this incident on Facebook and what not back in November and silently paid the Rs.1000 claim processing charge and gotten the bike repaired then and there in Ahmedabad, you would have been riding your bike back from Ahmedabad within a few days/weeks of the accident. Of course, you would have lost your 10% NCB even before the mechanic crashed the bike because you yourself had damaged the bike prior to the tragic incident. That damage also needed fixing which would have worked out cheaper under insurance.

What this would have also done is preserved the resale value of your bike since the entire world wouldn't have known that a certain Mr. Melroy Alphonso's Red Hyosung GT650R with registration no. MH 03 BB 7534 has met with a major accident in the past and so the buyer should pay him an amount which is much lower than an equally vintage *non badly crashed* GT650R.

This is something which any Tom Dick and Harry can now find out by doing a simple google search because of the fuss you created back then. Nobody had to know about the accident, especially not the world wide web and the unsuspecting buyer wouldn't have known about it either.

Quote:
Hey antz.Issue wasn't about the Rs.1,000 No Claim Bonus,it was who was going to pay the remaining cost after claiming the Bike's Insurance.

Sponsored ride amount of Rs.10,000 was spent on doing the trial ride in October and the actual ride on November 2011.Yes,the ride wasn't finished but there was already cost incurred in doing the ride.
I left for Leh from Pune on July 17 2012 at 3AM. I was about to ride all the way from Pune to Leh and back. On day 1 I rode for 550km but then found out around 11 AM that there is some problem with my bike so I returned to Nasik the very same day. Total distance covered : ~800km. So should I call up Bajaj Auto and ask them for compensation for the petrol and food money on my failed ride? A ride which failed because of my fault (not getting the bike properly checked beforehand).

Not being able to complete a ride as planned in the 1st attempt doesn't make you a sissy. It gives you the chance to try again later. There is no use pushing for something that ain't gonna happen. Especially endurance rides. As they say, 'Live today to fight another day'.

Quote:
Besides the money issue (of No Claim Bonus & Sponsored ride amount),there have been other cost incurred by me:
1.Myself arranging to put the bike on a pick-up van to get the bike sent,from the National Highway road to the Ahmadabad dealers place which was about 20kms.
You dropped the bike, you paid for towing. Nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
2.Traveling from Ahmadabad to Mumbai by private transport,on the accident day.
3.Traveling back to Gujarat again next month on December 2011 to attend the Police Station (Mumbai to Ahmadabad Morning & Ahmadabad to Mumbai Evening). As the mechanic died riding the motorcycle which is registered on my name.
As for your other worries, this is what Tata AIG offers with its policy:

Quote:
Emergency transport and hotel expenses: Pays you the cost of an overnight stay and taxi charges for returning back to the place of residence or the nearest city of travel, if your vehicle becomes immobile due to an accident. A maximum of Rs.25000/- for any one accident and Rs.50000/- is payable in total during the period of insurance.

No Claim Bonus Protection: If your Bonus accumulation is 25% or more and you have no claims history for the preceding 2 years you can protect your No Claim Bonus for one own damage claim during the period of insurance
Remember to opt for these riders the next time you buy an insurance policy.

All this info would have helped you a lot more if you would have listened to Navendu Singh, Sunny, Kunjal Singh, Me and innumerable others instead of blocking us back then.

Finally, I took the pain of writing all this out since I respect you as a fellow biker and it pains me to see the condition your bike is in. Not because I wanted to belittle you or have a grudge against you. I don't even know you outside of the cyber-space for heaven's sake! So if this post offends you or makes you feel insulted, please feel free to report it to the mods who will promptly take it down. But before you do that, please do re-read everything with a calm and composed mind.

P.S.: If you didn't opt for the zero depreciation insurance that Hyosung offers standard, then I take all of the above back. Also wish you best of luck for your court case. But finally wish to ask: Why didn't you tell this to us earlier?
antz.bin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 12:17   #102
BHPian

@ants.bin: Even if the OP has 0-dep insurance, if he claims it, his premium will go up - irrespective of how good his policy's coverage is. He may pay less\nothing now, but will pay more in the long run even for his future vehicles.

From what I understand of this thread, the OP doesn't want to claim HIS insurance on a bike that was totalled by the dealer\service station as this will reflect badly on his insurance history. Plus its a matter of principle. Service stations need to have their own insurance against this sort of thing. Instead they rely on the fact that unsuspecting customers dont know how insurance works and think its a no-strings-attached get-out-of-jail-free-card.

Last edited by GreaseMonk : 18th September 2012 at 12:19.
GreaseMonk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 12:37   #103
BHPian

Quote:
...As Coolboy007, a fellow GT650R owner tells us elsewhere on this thread, Garware Hyosung used to offer a Tata AIG zero depreciation policy standard with all GT650Rs they sold.
Delhi dealer has insured his bike with Tata AIG zero depreciation while the Mumbai dealer from whom I have purchased has insured the bike(Iffco Tokio Co's) doesn't have zero depreciation insurance.
Old 18th September 2012, 13:49   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I left for Leh from Pune on July 17 2012 at 3AM. I was about to ride all the way from Pune to Leh and back. On day 1 I rode for 550km but then found out around 11 AM that there is some problem with my bike so I returned to Nasik the very same day. Total distance covered : ~800km. So should I call up Bajaj Auto and ask them for compensation for the petrol and food money on my failed ride? A ride which failed because of my fault (not getting the bike properly checked beforehand).
Which policy would cover something like that ? Even a product warranty, like insurance coverage would protect the product or the functioning of the product - and Not the any loss resulting out of use or in-ability to use the product.

Going with your logic, if you were to use a prodcut for commercial purposes, and you make a profit - do you share your profit with the insurance company ?

Btw, even a travel insurance policy will not cover your requirement.
Old 18th September 2012, 13:50   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
@ants.bin: Even if the OP has 0-dep insurance, if he claims it, his premium will go up - irrespective of how good his policy's coverage is. He may pay less\nothing now, but will pay more in the long run even for his future vehicles.
First of all, its Antz. Secondly, of course his insurance premium will rise. But it would have risen regardless of whether the mechanic incident happened or not. If you read the entire incident carefully, Melroy had already crashed the bike *before* he reached Ahmedabad. Thats the reason he took it to the workshop in the first place, that too on the back of a truck in the middle of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
From what I understand of this thread, the OP doesn't want to claim HIS insurance on a bike that was totalled by the dealer\service station as this will reflect badly on his insurance history. Plus its a matter of principle. Service stations need to have their own insurance against this sort of thing. Instead they rely on the fact that unsuspecting customers dont know how insurance works and think its a no-strings-attached get-out-of-jail-free-card.

: Query: AFAIK, Insurance companies don't take PAN card details/passport no. or even a photo before giving you a vehicle insurance policy. How are they going to establish that some 'Mr. Tom Dick Harry' (hypothetical name) who totaled his bike/car is the same one who is buying another one? There can be 50 guys named 'Mr. Tom Dick Harry' living in Mumbai.

Quote:
Delhi dealer has insured his bike with Tata AIG zero depreciation while the Mumbai dealer from whom I have purchased has insured the bike(Iffco Tokio Co's) doesn't have zero depreciation insurance.
And this bit you tell the world 10 months after the crash. That too, when I made you tell us about it. Don't you think if you had mentioned this anywhere on this thread/on your Facebook, it wouldn't have caused so much backlash from people like the ones I listed on the previous post.

If you had come clean about this earlier, maybe someone like Sunny bhaiya would have made a phone call to Diya Garware requesting her to escalate your case instead of ridiculing you on his FB wall like he did.

I did a simple search on TeamBHP and google right now the only result that I get where you have used the words Iffco OR Tokio is this particular quoted one.

Anyways, now that it has been established that you actually need the court case, best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Which policy would cover something like that ? Even a product warranty, like insurance coverage would protect the product or the functioning of the product - and Not the any loss resulting out of use or in-ability to use the product. ...

Btw, even a travel insurance policy will not cover your requirement.
@Condor my friend:
1. That was supposed to be Sarcasm.
2. Bajaj Auto is not an Insurance company.
3. Read between the lines.

Last edited by antz.bin : 18th September 2012 at 13:54.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks