Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2012, 21:54   #31
BHPian

Re: Triumph Motorcycles @ Auto Expo 2012

Looks like everyone's drooling over Bonneville..The UK price is £6199, which when converted is above 5 lacs (5.08). I would call it a cool deal at an ex-showroom price of 5.5 lacs.

I might want to cancel my current Bull CL500 Chrome booking for this one considering that the new pricing is nearly 1.8 lacs.

Guys, your thoughts are welcome !
Old 10th January 2012, 12:06   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
Oh god a 2.3 litre 3 cylinder engine. That is massive. Love its looks but god forbid, what happens if the stand slips and falls on the side. Someone's leg is bound to break plus it will be very difficult to pick it up.

All the bikes look great. Everyone knows Harley so Harley has a sales advantage due to its visibility among many people. Unless a person is a hardcore bike enthusiast, he will not know Tirumph motorcycles and thats where the problem lies. Would be interesting to see their marketing strategy here in India
Someone has a Rocket III @ N.Delhi IIRC.

Check this.

jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2012, 14:54   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

10 to 12 showrooms in the coming years looks like an ambitious target but Triumph seems to have got its targets set on the Indian market and more importantly the pricing looks to be smart. The Street Triple which produces 105 bhp being sold at 5.75 lacs is quite the prospect. For those who want more power, the Daytona should be all we need in the Indian context. I expect these two to be the main volume drivers for Triumph.

If Triumph can get their dealers in place and provide good after sales service, they can be prepared for a long innings in India.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:28   #34
BHPian

I guess the Tiger is not comming through the CKD route, If it was it would cost much less, I hope this happens in the future, I personally know a lot of riders including muself who would like to own a bike like the Tiger or a F-650 if they are affordable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamseller View Post
The brand that I've been waiting for, to hit the Indian streets, since long! Whatte line-up!! From the classic Bonneville to the adrenaline pumping Daytone to the humongous Rocket III. The only not-so-good pricing in my opinion is of the Tiger: it's a very good adventure tourer. Wish it were below the 10L mark.

Coming back to the exciting category, when are the other supersports coming now that the Daytona has come!
Old 10th January 2012, 16:43   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay99 View Post
I think Triumph's pricing may not affect Ninja 650 sales because there is a gap of around 1 lac. This is a substantial amount when one is looking to buy a bike in india.
Coupled with the fact that at this price point, IMHO, the buyer knows what he wants from his machine. So the Ninja 650 won't have its sales eaten up by Triumph and vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhogalrajnish View Post
I guess the Tiger is not comming through the CKD route, If it was it would cost much less, I hope this happens in the future, I personally know a lot of riders including muself who would like to own a bike like the Tiger or a F-650 if they are affordable.
Probably so. And +1 to the last line; it makes greater sense to go for these bikes for that return to Ladakh trip if nothing else.
Old 10th January 2012, 16:48   #36
Senior - BHPian

If you are looking at it from the price perspective then there is a lot of difference between 1.8 & 5.5. Having said that, if you can spend that kind of money on a motorbike, then by all means check out the Bonneville & the Harley Super Low. To me, the Bonneville is a classic while on the other hand, the Super Low would be a Harley with it's own charm.

Those are my thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
Looks like everyone's drooling over Bonneville..The UK price is £6199, which when converted is above 5 lacs (5.08). I would call it a cool deal at an ex-showroom price of 5.5 lacs.

I might want to cancel my current Bull CL500 Chrome booking for this one considering that the new pricing is nearly 1.8 lacs.

Old 10th January 2012, 18:02   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommie View Post

It costs 5.08 in UK and 5.5 here!But how is that possible?Is triumph taking a huge hit of the import duties on its balance sheet just for an aggressive price?
And that would be mean this is an introductory price and can expect a hike later?

Oh and go for the Bonnie,and put up an ownership thread for us to drool over.
Old 11th January 2012, 10:18   #38
BHPian

Loved the streettriple.....And its affordable too....
In a year or two, if more parts are manufactured here, it might even get a little cheaper, and has a mouth watering price too....
Old 11th January 2012, 13:17   #39
BANNED

Went to the Auto Expo yesterday, met and spoke with Mr Ashish Joshi (CEO Indian Operations Triumph).

I was hard to believe that all the while I spent at the Triumph stall, Mr Joshi was lending an ear to the on-lookers and paying a heed on their comments.

My findings -

1) The Bonnie - does not look HUGE, as I have stated it is more of a RE with an extra cylinder, the one on display had a Keihin carbs, which when I confirmed, was not the exact model coming to India, we'll have the FI versions, pardon me but was not much of a head turner.

2) Street Triple - As Ajay has mentioned in his posts, this is the BIKE that one should go for, 105 BHP on a 675 is an achievement in itself and the pricing is a KILLER. Now, what I got from one of the Triumph India's employee was - there might be a further downward price revision on the Street, so guys hang on with the bucks. Sad they are not getting the Red on the Street, it looked SMASHING on the Speed.

3) Fuel tank size on the Street and Speed has the same volume (17.5L) but it looks much bigger and better on the Speed.

4) Did not pay any heed on the Rocket - well beyond my means.

5.75L on the Street - Bring it on guys !!!!

The slated launch is June and deliveries would start a month later.

Happy Motoring !!

PS :
1) Triumph is offering - 2 years unlimited mileage warranty.
2) All models via CKD from Thailand - This was straight from the horses mouth - Mr Joshi.

Last edited by Torquedo : 11th January 2012 at 13:20.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2012, 14:12   #40
Senior - BHPian

Well if it was told to you by the Triumph people that the Bonneville standing was a carb version then frankly they are the biggest idiots. What you see there is a keihin Fuel injection system draped as a carb so that the timeless old look is maintained. That is not a carb. You can look at the pics and make out. There is an injector entering it from the back. It is visible.

This is when you put ignorant marketing staff at the front when there should have been atleast 1 engineer assigned to the stall.

Oh yes let me also clarify that since a couple of years or more the Bonneville does NOT have a carb version. All the versions the T100 and the SE or the Thruxton or the scrambler versions are all FI. and they all have the FI system draped as a carb.

I can't believe these guys are this stupid. Triumph really needs homework to do.
navpreet318 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 00:45   #41
BHPian

This has been on my bedroom wall, ever since i was a Kid.
I just cant wait to get my hands on a bonnie.
Buying a new car - Hold
Karizma - Sold

Just waiting..
adityasiera is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2012, 12:06   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post

I can't believe these guys are this stupid. Triumph really needs homework to do.
Was quite appalled and if this is true then Triumph better put their basics in place. The staff ought to know such basic stuff. Bonneville currently manufactured is very much a modern design with an injector which was then made to look up like a carb to keep the old looks. They painstakingly made the design with some efforts & time well spent.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 14:23   #43
BANNED

Yesterday night i was going through old 2011 Motorcycle megazine article where they compared five middle weight naked bikes which includes Aprilia’s Shiver 750, BMW F800R, Triumph’s Street Triple R, Ducati Monster and FZ8 from Yamaha.
Check this out.
2011 Naked Middleweights Shootout - Motorcycle.com
The issue's or downside on Triumph STriple they found are as below
"You cant keep both the wheels on ground"
"We busted one set of fork oil seal"
"Atleast one negative remarks we have to give"
Its not mentioned in web site but i have the full hardcopy article with me.
Old 13th January 2012, 14:54   #44
BANNED

Ajay -

You got the entire video on youtube, just search for 'Street Triple' and you'll have the video, a 9 min one, ST wins hands down in the comparo.

Cheers.
Old 13th January 2012, 15:19   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
The issue's or downside on Triumph STriple they found are as below
"You cant keep both the wheels on ground"
"We busted one set of fork oil seal"
"Atleast one negative remarks we have to give"
Its not mentioned in web site but i have the full hardcopy article with me.
From first glance i can safely say that the guy who rode the Street Triple was having a ball with the bike.

"You cant keep both the wheels on ground" - bike (and the test rider) loves to spring a wheelie. Ample low end grunt/torque.

"We busted one set of fork oil seal" - Hard landing from a wheelie and any bike will bust its fork seal.

Eagerly awaiting this bike. Perfect machine to call a truce between the warring twins and the inline fours.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks