Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2012, 00:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ducati Monster 795 : Auto Expo 2012

Ducati 795 is indeed a great machine, more so at the new price of 5.99 for a "limited" period which would definitely get extended thanks to Triumph effect.

Ducati needs to act fast now and setup atleast one sales outlet and workshop in all metro cities atleast, how can they expect anyone to shell out 6.5-7.0 L for something with absolutely no service support, need to make sure that the dealerships now stay as we have had a few members who have been unhappy with after sales and at this price range, customers want everything to be perfect.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 10th January 2012 at 00:59.
Old 10th January 2012, 12:35   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Despite having been in the market for a while, Ducati doesnt really have much to show for themselves. Dealership woes spell the deathknell for a company like Ducati whereas HD in comparison has been on quite a roll.

Even if Ducati has kept this limited time offer of Rs 5.99 lacs who is going to buy it given that they have only showroom across the country? Without a strong foundation, Duati India will go nowhere.
Old 10th January 2012, 17:54   #18
BHPian

OT::

the slash down is definitely the "triumph" effect.

day by day i am finding new notoriety of the importer.

heard they increased the prices of 848 evo yet AGAIN!! now it costs somewhere in the territory of 14.5 Lacs ex showroom. right from 12.8 of last year.

with this bloke - Ducati is surely losing it's brand value and I for one am losing my interest of buying one - purely because of the lack of ethics of the importer/dealer.
Old 11th January 2012, 11:00   #19
Senior - BHPian

The Sound of the Ducati, as captured by me at the Auto Expo. My next bike upgrade, perhaps!!

Ducati Monster 795 : Auto Expo 2012-ducati-monster-me.jpg

Ducati Monster 795 : Auto Expo 2012-ducati-monster-front.jpg

Ducati Monster 795 : Auto Expo 2012-ducati-monster-side.jpg

Specs
Ducati Monster 795 : Auto Expo 2012-ducati-monster-specs1.jpg
Old 1st March 2012, 16:41   #20
Senior - BHPian

WOW, what a beauty, it really is a stunning bike, will make up my mind and pocket to be ready tp procure another ASSET after my enfield desertstorm, it will certainly give a nice look to my automobile stable
price is certainly a catchy element when a 650 cc ninja is coming close to 5 lacs

Last edited by ruchirtnt : 1st March 2012 at 16:45.
Old 1st March 2012, 16:55   #21
BHPian

Ducati should start getting more agressive in pricing it right in India!
Instead of CBU if they can localize and bring the price down to sub 5 Lakh on road, it will wonders for their sales.
Old 1st March 2012, 17:20   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Suggest they should concentrate more on setting up honest dealers and having a proper business models rather than just launching newer bikes. Whole of India has only 2 dealers if my memory is correct?
Fully agree that their models are true attention seekers with the detailing to the last inch
Old 1st March 2012, 17:24   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohh!Oxygen View Post
Instead of CBU if they can localize and bring the price down to sub 5 Lakh on road, it will wonders for their sales.
Ducati is a lifestyle brand not just in India but in other countries too. It commands a premium and is called Ferrari on two wheels for that exclusivity and snob value. Thats why they cost a lot more than their japanese counterparts.

IMHO, Ducati should first focus on setting up a reliable, credible, trustworthy dealer network.

The current ducati owners are facing nightmares due to the shoddy after sales service. I know for a fact, in Blore, the dealer took booking amounts from customers and disappeared. The helpless customers have gone to courts for refunds. There are a lot of owners who are still riding around on temp regn. since the dealer has shut shop and is absconding (meaning no Form 20 for applying for permanent regn.).

In addition, prices are jacked up at their own call, for the parts and for the bikes in total with no reason or justification whatsoever (arbitrary increase they call it).

So finally its not pricing but their image is what they need to repair. Its not too far for the Triumphs to be sold here officially and i personally know 2-3 guys who have dropped plans of buying a duc in favor of the Triumph.

Sincere advice to prospective ducati buyers to do enough research before joining the bandwagon of frustrated customers.

Now who had imagined that a brand like Ducati would treat its customers this way?
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 17:49   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Now who had imagined that a brand like Ducati would treat its customers this way?
Thanks Adi, that was quite a bit of info on how ducati is performing in India...I doubt super car owners get proper service too.

This just-launch product in market strategies are not going down well with me, firstly we pay a premium (Taxes) for their products and the last thing we would want is their shoddy attitude!

My heart goes out to all SBK troubled owners!

As for the Ducati 795, A close associate of mine was interested in the same; well after reading this I'm not so sure about Ducati anymore!
Old 2nd March 2012, 01:18   #25
BHPian

I literally used to drool of the 795! Doesn't even ruffle my hair now.

After the treatment meted out to Jayanth (and shayne?), I have no regards for Ducati India, and I thank God for not making buy the 796.

I'll gladly bid them bye to Italy if they don't make changes to their attitudes to REAL bike lovers.

Me say no to Ducati! (OMG, I never thought this time would come! I was such a big fanboy!)
Old 2nd March 2012, 11:46   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Very well said Aditya.

This is a fact that many prospective owners knew after they dealt with the Bombay dealership owner for other vehicles. So a place associated with his name is stayed away from.

A friend had ventured to buy a Ducati but was not given a clear picture by the sales people. He was smart enough to do his homework and soon realised spares issues, Bike delivery dates given wrongly and the no refund hidden clause. This was enough for him to walk away and go the Honda way.
I have read and heard of many horror stories from owners regarding poor after sales and costs of spares just escalating for no reason and parts that dont need to be changed been shown as faulty. There are instances where owners after paying the spare part or accessories costs are made to dance around the dealership. I for one dont recommend Ducati India to anyone considering a Superbike, import one directly and also the spares and accesories. Life would be much simpler.
Old 23rd March 2012, 10:25   #27
Senior - BHPian

Ducati has launched another variant of Monster: Monster Diesel, looking really stunning
here is the link
Ducati Monster Diesel - Ducati
ruchirtnt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks