Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2011, 18:59   #1

Suzuki Intruder M800-My New Cruise Rider

Dear All,
Please suggest or voice your opinion for the Suzuki Intruder M800.
I am looking forward to own it soon.

Kindly suggest some of the tips which would be essential to handle this Bull.

I heard that the Gas Tank sitting slightly higher than a normal Cruiser causes little jittery on the deep-turns or small-roundabouts.

Rgds
Sen.
Old 15th September 2011, 19:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Intruder (M800) handling

it's not the gas tank, but the long wheelbase that will make small turns cumbersome. turning radius is probably 1-2 foot more than what smaller bikes (pulsar etc) need. I have C50 and don't get much problem since the roads in US are made keeping big trucks in mind.

But since you have chosen a cruiser, you should know it will not handle like super moto or a sport bike. It will give you a royal ride but don't expect to squeeze thru gaps and small turns. Balance and finish is awsome, no jitter anywhere.

I am 5'9 and have trouble resting on the backrest because handlebar is not reclined enough. If i wanted to change one thing, I would put a longer handlebar so I can tilt back and rest. Also, if you plan to have a pillion, make sure you have a good backrest otherwise s/he will fall off the bike at first start.
Old 15th December 2011, 20:59   #3

hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have already got the Bull. It really awesome on balance & drive(touch-wood).
I hvnt yet put a guard for the pillion as I find the look without the pillion really good.
I am looking forward to work on the exhaust for higher decibel. Does it put any stress on the engine while reducing the average or create any other issue.

Rgds
Sen.
Old 16th December 2011, 11:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surasen View Post
I have already got the Bull. It really awesome on balance & drive(touch-wood).
Sen.
Surasen,
Congratulations on your new toy. Do post in some good pictures of the bike and if time permits do post an ownership thread on it. Have you purchased this in India or Dubai?
Awaiting more details from your end...
Old 15th January 2012, 23:09   #5

Dear All,
Finally my M800 is on the road. I got the it delivered (as I was little worried if I can properly handle it) & have completed almost 900KM, thanks to the long-ride I had with a team of Bikers in Dubai last Friday.

The first service is also done, although little earlier of 1000KM but looks fine. Some of the pics are below.

I was initially (upto 600KM) driving at 70-80km/hr but during my last weekend (where I drove for almost 300KM), I drove at an average of 120KM/hr.
Sound was looking good & even the balance, touch-wood!
I had noticed one that while I am driving on the top speed(5th gear) at around 100km/hr, I get sometime get a feeling that there is one more gear that I need to put-in. Is it because, I am driving at around 100km/hr & I should be driving at higher speed...Please suggest.

Safe Drive, Long Life!

Rgds
Sen.
Attached Thumbnails
Suzuki Intruder M800-My New Cruise Rider-img_3699.jpg  

Suzuki Intruder M800-My New Cruise Rider-img_3703.jpg  

Suzuki Intruder M800-My New Cruise Rider-img_3706.jpg  

Attached Images

surasen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 11:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had noticed one that while I am driving on the top speed(5th gear) at around 100km/hr, I get sometime get a feeling that there is one more gear that I need to put-in. Is it because, I am driving at around 100km/hr & I should be driving at higher speed...Please suggest.

Safe Drive, Long Life!

Rgds
Sen.
Sen,
Congrats on buying the M800, she does look awesome in blue though. Regarding the query you have put up, what would be the Engine RPM when you are doing 100k? Tag that on the torque curve map and you will realize why that happens.
My hunch is the engine rpm might be bordering very close to the peak torque output which might be causing that to happen.
Old 17th January 2012, 23:26   #7

Hi Vivek,
I had already experienced the trouble of backrest( because of the non-reclined handle bar) as I went for a 300KM drive last Friday.
As of now manouvering the Bull hadnt not been a issue even if I am driving between vehicles on the signals.

Have u done any work on the exhaust to increase the decibel levels. I plan not to do (although I am still willing to) considering the fact that these bikes are electronically controlled & doing anything like these would affect on the performance (ex:- over heating).

What kind of average u come across...

Safe Drive Long Life!

Rgds
Sen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
My hunch is the engine rpm might be bordering very close to the peak torque output which might be causing that to happen.
Thanks Mate! My Bike doesnt have an rpm meter. Probably that would have give me an indication.

I would get it checked by the technician & share with you.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: SMS lingo is strictly not permitted. Hv is not have, u is not you and wld is not would on this forum. Please type complete words in English.

Before posting any further, please read the rules of the forum (link)

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th January 2012 at 11:04. Reason: posts merged
Old 18th January 2012, 05:29   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suzuki Intruder M800-My New Cruise Rider

Wow, more pictures of this beauty please. Congratulations on the new bike, i am sure it will be fun all the way in your ownership.

Not sure why do you get that feeling, is the engine revving too high, or do you feel some strain in the engine? If yes it will be worthwhile getting it checked.
Old 18th January 2012, 09:50   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice ! Congrats!

1) How much did it cost you there? Costs 8.8lac Ex-showroom @ Delhi
2) Dont see this color option on Suzuki site; was it some custom order?
3) This too has a run in period right?
4) Also,Suzuki website says, it get LED rear lights etc; same as yours?

Guess the torque makes you feel that it needs another gear. Enjoy your ride.

Can we also get a video ?

Quote:
I am looking forward to work on the exhaust for higher decibel. Does it put any stress on the engine while reducing the average or create any other issue.

Rgds
Sen.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th January 2012 at 10:50. Reason: posts merged
Old 18th January 2012, 10:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Your "M800 Handling" thread and your "Intruder M800 ownership thread" have been merged. Please do not open multiple threads. Keeping all the information in a single thread can benefit the entire community.

Last edited by n_aditya : 18th January 2012 at 10:53.
Old 18th January 2012, 16:50   #11
BHPian

Quote:
I heard that the Gas Tank sitting slightly higher than a normal Cruiser causes little jittery on the deep-turns or small-roundabouts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
it's not the gas tank, but the long wheelbase that will make small turns cumbersome.
I am beating a dead horse, but IMHO its not the gas tank, center of mass or wheelbase, but the rake and trail that are the culprits here. These exaggerated rake and trail are also what give it stability at speed as the bike resists turns.
Old 18th January 2012, 18:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

@surasen - When you say the aftermarket can will affect performance i would like to assume you mean it will increase and NOT decrease it. I have not come across one aftermarket can that decreases performance. It may only improve sound and shave weight without any noticeable performance gain in case of slip on but will NEVER decrease it. Also by electronically controlled do you mean the ECU ? In that case it will adjust the A/F mixture if upto 10 - 20 % variation and if any more in case of a full header system a fuel injection and ignition timing system ( pcv , bazzaz) will sort it out. Go get that can and you ll enjoy your "ride" ( not "drive" ) even more.

Last edited by bigron : 18th January 2012 at 18:35.
Old 18th January 2012, 19:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vivek,
I had already experienced the trouble of backrest( because of the non-reclined handle bar) as I went for a 300KM drive last Friday.
As of now manouvering the Bull hadnt not been a issue even if I am driving between vehicles on the signals.

Have u done any work on the exhaust to increase the decibel levels. I plan not to do (although I am still willing to) considering the fact that these bikes are electronically controlled & doing anything like these would affect on the performance (ex:- over heating).

What kind of average u come across...

Safe Drive Long Life!

Rgds
Sen.
You can try an aftermarket handlebar (needs more work and possibly new longer cable), or a small extender (2-4 inch) with existing handlebar. I am not going to change it since my commutes are extremely short.

Not interested in decibel levels. I like it the way it is. I get around 50MPG I think, which is around 22 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalva View Post
I am beating a dead horse, but IMHO its not the gas tank, center of mass or wheelbase, but the rake and trail that are the culprits here. These exaggerated rake and trail are also what give it stability at speed as the bike resists turns.
Yes, higher rake angle is suited for self balancing at higher speeds, makes it difficult to make tight turns at low speeds. But there is no way you can make a tight turn in a long wheelbase bike regardless of the rake angle. As I said earlier, these cruisers are made for long boring drives at smooth straight highways.
Old 18th January 2012, 23:52   #14

1) How much did it cost you there? Costs 8.8lac Ex-showroom @ Delhi
2) Dont see this color option on Suzuki site; was it some custom order?
3) This too has a run in period right?
4) Also,Suzuki website says, it get LED rear lights etc; same as yours?

Guess the torque makes you feel that it needs another gear. Enjoy your ride.

Can we also get a video ?

Hi! jkdas,
Thanks You very much.

1. Cost with Insurance - AED 38500 (Rs. 540,000 approx)
2. It is not Custom made. This was the last lot with this colour. What I heard is Suzuki has stopped manufacturing this colour from the 2012 edition. But this colour is there in the Suzuki site. Check this out:- http://www.globalsuzuki.com/motorcyc...-A0016-121.pdf
3. Couldn't understand what you meant
4. It does have a LED rear light

I would get this checked sometime in this weekend & would upload a video soon.
Old 24th January 2012, 22:28   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigron View Post
@surasen - When you say the aftermarket can will affect performance i would like to assume you mean it will increase and NOT decrease it. I have not come across one aftermarket can that decreases performance. It may only improve sound and shave weight without any noticeable performance gain in case of slip on but will NEVER decrease it. Also by electronically controlled do you mean the ECU ? In that case it will adjust the A/F mixture if upto 10 - 20 % variation and if any more in case of a full header system a fuel injection and ignition timing system ( pcv , bazzaz) will sort it out. Go get that can and you ll enjoy your "ride" ( not "drive" ) even more.
I have find a good shop to get this done.
I was wondering to raise the pick-up & the top speed but on the other hand was thinking about the warranty which will be void incase of any modification done.

Which are the best air filter that I can use for improvement of the pick-up & what modifications of exaust are necessary.
By doing the above will it affect the top....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks