Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2016, 18:01   #76
BHPian

Re: Want to buy a Harley-Davidson. Which one?

Visited the Tusker Harley showroom on Lavelle Road on Saturday. 1st impression, not good at all. 1st of all, they didn't have any of the Dyna family motor-cycles even on display, forget getting a test-ride. Was really disappointed by the sales guy. He was like i don't care. Hardly any complete response to my queries. I was trying to have a conversation around the various models in the Dyna Family and the Street Bob available under Dark Custom - differences at product level and yeah the pricing. He didn't give me much input around pricing, which i guess was one major thing for me.

The other guy who spoke to me the 1st was atleast better than the sales guy. When i started walking out he came up to ask for my name & no, even after i had registered on their website for a test ride.

So a whole afternoon, after continuously pursuing wifey for company, went for a toss!

Lets see how it goes!

Regards
Saurav
Old 28th June 2016, 15:21   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
So yeah, to cut the long story short, i'm planning to buy a new HD. My personal favorite of the current range is the Dark Custom Street Bob in Denim Black. But my biggest hesitation is a straight jump from a 350cc to a 1600cc monster.

Would love to hear from the Gurus here. What's your opinion? How should my approach be? What are the things i should consider?
If you take it slow and break in your bike carefully, there should be no problem with the upgrade. The street bob is a nice bike, it would be a good buy. If you can stretch your budget, the Fatboy is a fantastic option.

You probably know this, but let me repeat it: a HD will not be a replacement for your city bike, they are a pain in traffic. If you are planning to clock miles on the highway, then you will have a great bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Visited the Tusker Harley showroom on Lavelle Road on Saturday. 1st impression, not good at all. 1st of all, they didn't have any of the Dyna family motor-cycles even on display, forget getting a test-ride. Was really disappointed by the sales guy. He was like i don't care. Hardly any complete response to my queries. I was trying to have a conversation around the various models in the Dyna Family and the Street Bob available under Dark Custom - differences at product level and yeah the pricing. He didn't give me much input around pricing, which i guess was one major thing for me.

The other guy who spoke to me the 1st was atleast better than the sales guy. When i started walking out he came up to ask for my name & no, even after i had registered on their website for a test ride.
If you want some help, PM me and I can put you in touch with the sales guy who handled my bike. (He did a good job). Or the manager of tusker.

Not sure why they showed you so much attitude, I've never had that issue myself. But some of these "Superbike" sales guys can be arrogant as hell, just ask the manager to assign you someone else.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 03:10   #78
BHPian

Having ridden both the Iron 883 and the 1200 Custom, I feel it's money worth spent if you go for the 1200. I personally liked the ergonomics and torque of the bigger bike. Also, you will not feel the need to upgrade it; couple of years down the line.
CoolBlueBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2016, 18:57   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBlueBiker View Post
Having ridden both the Iron 883 and the 1200 Custom, I feel it's money worth spent if you go for the 1200. I personally liked the ergonomics and torque of the bigger bike. Also, you will not feel the need to upgrade it; couple of years down the line.
As an owner of a custom 1200, I agree 100%.
patron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th July 2016, 10:43   #80
BHPian

The urge to upgrade never ends. A sportster owner will upgrade to a dyna or a softail ( in most cases). And I know plenty softail owners eying up the cvo/ road king etc. Buy whatever you are comfortable buying with your budget and keep around 100K for accessories as these bikes come with the minimum.
Old 15th July 2016, 22:22   #81
BHPian

I hope HD brings the recently introduced 1200cc Roadster Sportster and the Low Rider S to India soon - a sportier Sportster and a performance Dyna - now that would knock my plans to buy a sensible bike next year (like the new Trumph T120) outta the ballpark!!!

http://www.cycleworld.com/2016-harle...iew-first-ride

http://www.cycleworld.com/2016/03/15...iew-first-ride
Old 31st December 2016, 17:11   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by grplr02 View Post
I hope HD brings the recently introduced 1200cc Roadster Sportster and the Low Rider S to India soon - a sportier Sportster and a performance Dyna - now that would knock my plans to buy a sensible bike next year (like the new Trumph T120) outta the ballpark!!!

http://www.cycleworld.com/2016-harle...iew-first-ride

http://www.cycleworld.com/2016/03/15...iew-first-ride
Roadster has finally stuck the market. Any more update on ang new launches by HD in near future?
Old 5th January 2017, 16:04   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Roadster has finally stuck the market. Any more update on ang new launches by HD in near future?
I KNOW!!! Looking to line-up a test ride on the Roadster next time I'm in Delhi or Kolkata!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks