Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2012, 11:23   #1
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Superbike Parts Importer / Supplier

Is there an importer of SBK spare parts in Bangalore or any of the cities in India? I’m looking to import a few parts but would need an Indian invoice to claim insurance. I have contacted a few outstation dealers and they can get the parts for shipment. Issue is who can import them.
Direct import is ruled out since I won’t be getting the required invoice.
Appreciate any pointers and leads.
TIA!
Old 7th February 2012, 11:26   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: SBK parts importer

Wasnt there one by the name of KRP in Delhi? You could check them if no one in BLR is found.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 11:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Wasnt there one by the name of KRP in Delhi?
Here is a link to KRP.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 11:48   #4
Senior - BHPian

Jay,
Good to see you back on BHP portal, Do know of one guy in Bangalore but not quite sure if he can give you a valid import invoice which can help you claim insurance. Other mode is you get import it directly but use your dealer's account to make the payouts. That should facilitate as well.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:55   #5
BHPian

JVH, get in touch with Adnaan Misbah from mangalore. He Had contacted you a coupla months ago with regards to the exhaust on his monster. He had someone carry down the parts and even got an invoice to claim insurance.

Cheers!
james is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 14:19   #6
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Wasnt there one by the name of KRP in Delhi? You could check them if no one in BLR is found.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Here is a link to KRP.
Thanks. Have spoken to them. Waiting for their estimate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Do know of one guy in Bangalore but not quite sure if he can give you a valid import invoice which can help you claim insurance. Other mode is you get import it directly but use your dealer's account to make the payouts. That should facilitate as well.
No invoice defeats the purpose, otherwise I could have bought it myself during my outstation trips. Well dealer, I might as well forget him since he is nowhere to be found. Am in touch with the service manager though, but he is useful only after I get the parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james View Post
JVH, get in touch with Adnaan Misbah from mangalore. He Had contacted you a coupla months ago with regards to the exhaust on his monster. He had someone carry down the parts and even got an invoice to claim insurance.
Thanks. I spoke to Adnan. He's checking from his end too.
Old 8th February 2012, 13:04   #7
Team-BHP Support

Re: Superbike Parts Importer / Supplier

JVH, you could purchase the parts you need from Indiana, Yamaha, Suzuki, ATV, Motorcycle, Dealer, Xtreme Motorsports and have them shipped to India. You could then pay the duty at your post / customs office on the tax invoice you receive from them.
Better still, you could purchase the parts from BikeBandit.com at a slight premium, but the good thing is they will send you an invoice for goods delivered at your doorstep inclusive of shipping and import duty which would faciliate insurance claim procedures.
Old 8th February 2012, 14:19   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
JVH, you could purchase the parts you need from Indiana, Yamaha, Suzuki, ATV, Motorcycle, Dealer, Xtreme Motorsports and have them shipped to India. You could then pay the duty at your post / customs office on the tax invoice you receive from them.
Better still, you could purchase the parts from BikeBandit.com at a slight premium, but the good thing is they will send you an invoice for goods delivered at your doorstep inclusive of shipping and import duty which would faciliate insurance claim procedures.
Manmeet, Jayant requires an invoice billed in India to file an insurance claim.

Jayant- Check with Vicky Jaising from PRS. They stock most SBK parts (aftermarket). He might be able to get the parts down for you and provide an Indian invoice.

I hope all this is resolved soon. Missing you and the duc on the rides.
Old 8th February 2012, 14:40   #9
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Manmeet, Jayant requires an invoice billed in India to file an insurance claim.
Ok, noted. In that case, JVH could have a family member or a friend running a trading business (even a small enterprise) import the parts from the above mentioned portals and then invoice them to him with local applicable sales tax, etc.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 11:24   #10
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for your suggestions guys!

I got a quote from KRP. Their final quote is similar to what Ducati Bangalore had given before their insane price increase. Now what I would like to know is how is KRP's lead time, any issues faced in shipping, and goof ups, if any.

I got a quote from Ducati Geneva too. They are willing to ship here but with a foreign invoice.

Am in touch with another New Delhi based company who haven't provided a quote yet but I've been told that the lead times are faster.

Most Viewed