Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2012, 13:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Aadya Motors- New Ducati dealer in Bangalore. And on Ducati's shoddy affairs in I

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
For anyone interested to know:

90 odd bikes have finally cleared customs on the 18th in Delhi after sitting for 3 months in a bonded warehouse.

Unfortunately for the majority who have been waiting, this was the Italian consignment, and therefore no 795's.

The 795's have not even left Thailand yet. They have been claiming deliveries in June, but it's just an excuse to buy more breathing room.

A whole bunch of 848 Evo's and Diavel Carbons have arrived with a few(10?) 796 monsters, 4-5 Hypermotards, 2-3 Streetfighter, and 1 Multistrada.

Dunno who made the list for Ducati, but he sure was an optimist. Good luck to them trying to push 25 numbers of 848 Evos which retails for 14.9L ex-Delhi.

I think at this point all dealers are scared to answer calls or take bookings because Ducati India has been hiding in their offices last two weeks till they got the bikes cleared. Now that it has happened, there should be some activity.

Cheers.
Wow. That indeed is good news, if you were to forget about what the Ducati Experience has come to mean in India.

I called up the Ducati workshop in Gurgaon to ask if its a dealership or only a workshop.

Apparently, the place is a workshop which also does sales (!). The bike are on display at the Porsche dealership on Mathura Road in Delhi (!). Also, they have everything from the 795 to the Diavel on display (!). The person on the phone was unable to provide any more information and he gave me the number of the only guy in the sales department, a Mr. G S Sandhu, who also happens to be the GM Sales (!).

(!)

Any Ducatisti in Gurgaon, Delhi or surrounding areas , please please please shed some light on the matter, because the last time I spoke with the Mumbai dealership, they were telling me that they were the ONLY dealers in Inidia (something backed up by the Ducati website), and sales and service would have to be handled from Mumbai for the whole of India.

Man, I'm confused.

Last edited by Brocklock : 26th May 2012 at 13:33.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:58   #17
BHPian

Re: Aadya Motors - New Ducati dealer in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Its good to know that Ducati has made its presence in Bangalore. But i really wonder whether Aadya Motors will really meet up to the expectation of quality service. Because i am one of those people who know about Aadya motors very well.
Can you please elaborate ? I really dont want to book without actually seeing the showroom and service center in Bangalore. What is your prior experience with Aadya ?
Old 31st May 2012, 15:46   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reininchaos View Post
Can you please elaborate ? I really dont want to book without actually seeing the showroom and service center in Bangalore. What is your prior experience with Aadya ?
AFAIK, the showroom has not opened yet.
Old 31st May 2012, 16:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
AFAIK, the showroom has not opened yet.
Yes. You are right. Apparently they will open by end of June but they are taking bookings now. I was concerned based on rki2007's comment about Aadya motors.

Does anyone know if these guys are the same as Home : Aadya Motors (Tata/Fiat dealer) ? and any feedback/suggestions ? The ducati story as evident from many posts here are pretty bad but I'm hooked on the 795 !

Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 19:11   #20
BHPian

Yes I was talking about the aadya motors which is the Tata authorised sales and service centre . And indeed the same management is opening an outlet for Ducati motorcycle.

As far as my experience is concerned with Aadya motors which is on ORR near Hebbal is the authorised sales and service centre for Tata cars are worst in terms of service and arrogant behaviour from the service centre people. I have stopped visiting them and now moved on to KHT Motors who are really excellent.

Mods:- Sorry for double posting, request to merge both.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st June 2012 at 11:30. Reason: posts merged.
rki2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 20:43   #21
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aadya Motors- New Ducati dealer in Bangalore. And on Ducati's shoddy affairs in I

@reininchaos,

If I were you, I would wait to see how the showroom/service center performs and more importantly try to get a first hand info on when the 795s are really going to be shipped from Thailand. I know a lot of customers who have cancelled their 795 bookings after an endless wait and false promises.
JVH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 20:57   #22
BHPian

A good friend of mine works for Ducati Mumbai (Worli). Let me check with him. I have noted down almost all the queries from this thread. Hope he will be able to answer them all. Once i have the answers, will keep it updated here.
Old 2nd June 2012, 10:50   #23
BANNED

Guys,

Sorry to have posted some misinformation in my previous post.

The bikes have apparently not cleared customs yet. The rest of the info as far as numbers are concerned are correct.

There is some issue of payment pending before they can clear. Surprising? Not really considering who we are dealing with here. The infamous Mr. A.C.

What is really disconcerting is the fact that Ducati is unable to control this downward spiral that they are heading in India.

How can they possibly justify taking bookings for 795's when the bikes have not yet left Thailand yet? It has taken them more than 3 months with the Italian consignment, and it's still not done. So, is it right to dupe more people with false promises?

A great potential market getting wasted away by a con man. The issues we are facing in India is known all the way up to the CEO at Ducati, but they are completely ineffective in rectifying it. The VP, Asia is busy deleting damning posts on Facebook. Can you imagine that? That is their idea of damage control.

Hope the shareholders of Audi will recognize this soon enough.

Cheers

Ride Safe.
Old 7th June 2012, 10:08   #24
BHPian

I'd be a bit cautious about putting any money on Mr AC. Given that he's been fired in the past by Audi and then by Porsche more recently, I doubt the takeover by Audi will hold him in good stead. Also, Ducati is focusing on the takeover by Audi globally and so they aren't really sorting out the nitty gritties. Best to hold off until the merger is complete and they sort out what they really want to do in India
Old 7th June 2012, 23:02   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djpeesh View Post
I'd be a bit cautious about putting any money on Mr AC. Given that he's been fired in the past by Audi and then by Porsche more recently, I doubt the takeover by Audi will hold him in good stead. Also, Ducati is focusing on the takeover by Audi globally and so they aren't really sorting out the nitty gritties. Best to hold off until the merger is complete and they sort out what they really want to do in India
Yeah. The problem is that these kind of acquisitions take a long time to close and India will not even be on their radar. It may even take an year before these kind of things are fixed. In my experience unless someone inside is championing Ducati India's cause in a big way expect more of the same. May be someone like gthang can throw more light - Is there any Ducati executive who can fight internally to do something ?
Old 17th June 2012, 17:51   #26
BANNED

FYI

If there is anybody out there who is waiting for a Ducati other than 795, it is time to hound your dealer. The consignment has been cleared and a few bikes have trickled out.

No such luck for the many 795 customers out there.

@reininchaos, Unfortunately, I doubt there is a single Ducati employee out there who has the desire or motivation to change the situation. The Asia Pac VP is hand in glove with Mr. AC, and I doubt there will be any help from his side. According to the CEO, Mr. Del Torchio, Precision Motors operates as a separate entity. His words exactly:

"for sake of clarity, first of all please kindly note that the exclusive distribution of the Ducati products in India is the responsibility of the Ducati local distributor, that is the company Precision Motors.
Said company is in charge of the management of the Indian dealer network and is and remains a separate entity in respect of Ducati.

Therefore, for whatever possible dissatisfaction or inconvenience you should kindly refer to your local dealer and to the distributor."

The only thing potential Ducatisti can hope for is a quick transition by Audi, at least in some top management level.

Cheers

Ride Safe
Old 18th June 2012, 09:38   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
According to the CEO, Mr. Del Torchio, Precision Motors operates as a separate entity. His words exactly:

"for sake of clarity, first of all please kindly note that the exclusive distribution of the Ducati products in India is the responsibility of the Ducati local distributor, that is the company Precision Motors.
Said company is in charge of the management of the Indian dealer network and is and remains a separate entity in respect of Ducati.

Therefore, for whatever possible dissatisfaction or inconvenience you should kindly refer to your local dealer and to the distributor."
Not directed at you, gthang, but to Mr. Torchio:

Isn't the brand name of Ducati getting tarnished through Precision Motors? Aren't the bigwigs at Ducati troubled by the turn of events? There is a LOT of awareness now through social media networks and word of mouth in the SBK community so if the CEO feels pointing a finger will repair the damage, he's wrong. These band-aid solutions are far from resolved.

I was reading a forwarded email which a ducati customer had sent to Miko Bordiga and Ashish Chordia. The gentleman had paid in full but the bike was not delivered to him even after 3 months and both the above "executives" at Ducati were giving him a hard time by ignoring mails, calls and even threatening legal action for defaming them and the brand.

IMO, the damage is done and it's going to take a considerable amount of time for Audi to repair the situation and more importantly regain the trust from potential and existing customers.
Old 18th June 2012, 09:52   #28
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post

I was reading a forwarded email which a ducati customer had sent to Miko Bordiga and Ashish Chordia. The gentleman had paid in full but the bike was not delivered to him even after 3 months and both the above "executives" at Ducati were giving him a hard time by ignoring mails, calls and even threatening legal action for defaming them and the brand.
In that particular mail chain, the responses from Ducati representatives were pretty immature and even amusing. I remember reading one of executives having the nerve to call the customer a misfit into the Ducatisti family or something like that by opening a can of worms. It was very badly handled by them. Anyway, the customers (3 bikes I think) got the bikes and now I hope they have a good experience with the bikes if not with Precision motors.
Old 5th July 2012, 14:04   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Anyway, the customers (3 bikes I think) got the bikes and now I hope they have a good experience with the bikes if not with Precision motors.
And i believe all the 3 bikes are Ducati Diavel, total transaction nears a crore.
Was quite appalling to read that mail thread, but hats off to the person for his persistence and continuing his tirade against the company till they got the bikes.
Need to see how well they take care of his servicing requirements and not leave them in the lurch because of the bad taste they had with this particular customer
Old 5th July 2012, 22:50   #30
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
And i believe all the 3 bikes are Ducati Diavel, total transaction nears a crore.
Was quite appalling to read that mail thread, but hats off to the person for his persistence and continuing his tirade against the company till they got the bikes.
Need to see how well they take care of his servicing requirements and not leave them in the lurch because of the bad taste they had with this particular customer
The bikes were all Diavel Carbon Red. The most expensive bikes in their lineup currently.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by bad taste that they had. Hope you are not saying that the customers were at fault for using whatever means they had to get the bikes that they had paid for several months ago? Since servicing is taken care of by the dealer with whom there were no issues, and since they are legally obliged to do so, dont think it is or will be an issue.

Out of the 93 bikes that were cleared through customs end of May, only these 3 Diavels have been released. So, yeah, there is a way to get your Ducati, just be persistent and dont worry about leaving bad taste while dealing with thugs.

Cheers

Ride Safe.

Most Viewed