Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2012, 10:30   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Aadya Motors- New Ducati dealer in Bangalore. And on Ducati's shoddy affairs in I

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
The bikes were all Diavel Carbon Red. The most expensive bikes in their lineup currently.

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by bad taste that they had.
Gthang,
All that i meant was would they have the maturity to get over the bad taste that they had, the guilt they had in not effectively dealing with you.

And yes not everybody does one get an order of their top line range.
Old 20th July 2012, 12:24   #32
BHPian

Re: Aadya Motors- New Ducati dealer in Bangalore. And on Ducati's shoddy affairs in I

Does anyone have any updates on the 795s ? Apparently people are canceling bookings done in Jan 12 and with great difficulty getting refunds (after a lot of fights). Any possibilities of the 795 coming out in July/Aug ?
The Bangalore dealer has gone quite again - no answering emails or phone calls
Old 10th August 2012, 18:17   #33

Hello everyone, I'm a new member to the forum and this is my first post....

I've been collecting bit by bit for a M795 and I have recently got enough to pick up one, but after reading through the many threads online, I'm really disappointed with the state of Ducati India.

Anyway, I want to know if the situation has improved?? And if I should risk dropping an advance on the bike?

P.S : I've not yet visited the Ducati showroom in B'lore and I'm completely going by what I'm reading online. If I were to visit the showroom, I'm sure they will claim that everything is ok and try getting the advance from me.
Old 10th August 2012, 19:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blore_boy View Post

I've been collecting bit by bit for a M795 and I have recently got enough to pick up one, but after reading through the many threads online, I'm really disappointed with the state of Ducati India.

Anyway, I want to know if the situation has improved?? And if I should risk dropping an advance on the bike?

P.S : I've not yet visited the Ducati showroom in B'lore and I'm completely going by what I'm reading online. If I were to visit the showroom, I'm sure they will claim that everything is ok and try getting the advance from me.
I'd hold off. I have been following up with the Mumbai showroom since Jan when they opened up booking. Doubt a single bike has been delivered yet. So hold off until some people on the forums talk about getting their bikes
Old 13th August 2012, 19:46   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blore_boy

Even I have to book 1 but really confused after going through the thread.

DUCATI please give us some good news.
Old 17th August 2012, 09:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

So has Adya motors opened? AFAIK, they haven't yet opened shop or delivered any bikes. So that leaves blore without a showroom or dealer for the Italian marquee. So much for the brand value and exclusivity of the Ducati brand.
Old 17th August 2012, 10:50   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
So has Adya motors opened? AFAIK, they haven't yet opened shop or delivered any bikes. So that leaves blore without a showroom or dealer for the Italian marquee. So much for the brand value and exclusivity of the Ducati brand.
Not in the near future at-least from what I heard from two close friends of my BIL who used to work at their showroom(UB City). One of them even paid a handsome amount towards booking, waited it out and with no light at the end of the tunnel left to the US to pursue his MS.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 17th August 2012 at 10:53.
Old 8th December 2012, 16:12   #38
BHPian

I was in the Ducati showroom in Bombay recently. They had two bikes on display, the others had been sent to Pune for a show of some sort. The salesman understood English perfectly. I asked him about bookings for the monster 795 and was informed that they were currently closed and would be opening up in the new year which is. When they are expecting a new shipment. When I asked him how many months of backlog had been cleared he got very confused and only replied after persistent questioning that NO M795s had been delivered since bookings opened.
I called Aadya Ducati in Bangalore today, they were relatively polite but assumed I was calling to complain about a booking or an issue with service until they realized I was calling about a potential booking, but the sales persons number I was given does not connect.

Triumph can not launch quickly enough. I wonder how many disgruntled potential customers they could have stolen from Ducati if the had managed to launch by Diwali.
imp! is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2012, 17:10   #39
BHPian

Wow!! What a fine case of good products and bad marketing!! Lately, I have been seriously considering the option of buying a faired sports bike!! Though – even if I decide to take the step – it would be in the next 6-7 months (or later)!! This coupled with my busy work schedule I haven’t really had a chance to visit a sports bike dealer in Delhi/Gurgaon!! Nevertheless, this past weekend I was in Ahmedabad and had an hour or so to spare!! Since Ducati Ahmedabad (situated in the CAMA Complex, Nehru Brigde area) is at walking distance from where I often stay, I decided to pay them a visit and see the 848Evo in flesh!!

To my surprise, this time (unlike the previous occasions) the showroom looked doomed, it was pale, dusty and virtually empty, barring the two Hypermotard’s parked (and a rail of Ducati safety gear enveloped tightly in clear wraps). This is what I saw when I was approaching the showroom, I wasn’t inside. As a normal progression, when I attempted to enter the showroom two guards came running to me and said. “KYA HAI” (what do u want??), in a very rude manner. This was shocking as I was dressed well, had alighted from a decent C+ segment car, and in all sanity could not have passed-off as someone who was window shopping. Hell, even if I was, isn’t that part of conscious brand building (aspirational value)?? All my desires of getting a Ducati were out of my brain, that very second, but out of curiosity I wanted to see what the hell is happening to Ducati in India and wanted to understand the fate of proposed customers in India. So asked the guard/s, “KYA HAI KA KYA MATLAB……. BIKE LENI HAI!! MAALIK KAHAN HAI??” (What do you mean by “what do u want”……. I want to buy a bike!! Where’s your owner). Seeing that I was willing to throw my weight around, they suddenly toned down and said, “SIR, AB YAHAN KOI NAHI BAITHTA, SAATH MEIN MADAM KA OFFICE HAI, WAAHAN BAAT KARLO” (Sir, now no one sits here, you can speak to the lady who sits in the adjoining office).

I went there and met a lady who seemed to know little or nothing about bikes (or automobiles in general)!! Nonetheless, her office had enough automobile gear in it to disprove the contents of my preceding statement. However, I felt better in her company as I was hopeful of eliciting a more honest answer as to the state of affairs of Ducati from her.

This is the conversation that transpired:

ME: Hello!! I was interested in buying an EVO848. Can u help me?
Lady: Hi!! We do not have any 848’s in stock.
ME: Okay!! When is the 848 stock likely to arrive?
Lady: Can’t really say!! Supplies have always been an issue from Ducati!! We take bookings, however don’t get supplies and hence we as well as the customer suffers!!
ME: That is quite astonishing!! What is it that u have in stock??
Lady: We have a few hypermotard’s in stock!! They are readily available!!
ME: But if that is the state of affairs (referring to the showroom), what do u think is the future of Ducati in India??
Lady: They don’t really have a future here!!
ME: I was amused at her candor!! For a faint second I wanted to say, “Aapka bhalla ho!! Sach bolne k liye” (“God bless you!! For speaking the truth”).

My mental meanderings:
1. I, as it is, am a young middle class lawyer and am skeptical of buying machinery which is so expensive.
2. I think Ducati is way to expensive (848Evo is/was selling at approximately 18lacs OTR whereas bikes like the Fireblade, R1 et all are selling at less than 15 OTR)
3. Ducati though having a very high aspirational value has done everything wrong to lose respect from its prospective customers
4. Suddenly, a Hyosung GT650R makes so much sense (as it fits the budget perfectly)!!
5. I just hope that Triumph launches the Daytona675 at the price tag of 7lacs ex-showroom (I think it is as sexy as an Evo848 – if not more)!!
6. Ducati – it’s a no today - it will always be a no!!

Last edited by Samridh : 17th December 2012 at 17:14.
Old 17th December 2012, 18:18   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samridh View Post
4. Suddenly, a Hyosung GT650R makes so much sense (as it fits the budget perfectly)!!
Mate, Do not forget to have a look at the Ninja 650 before you decide on the GT650. The bike is VFM and considering its fit and finish is leagues above GT650. Considering that it is backed by the Bajaj you would need not have to worry about Service.
However Coolboy's thread does give you a very good picture of Hyosung and their seriousness for Indian Market Share.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks