Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which european superbike(+ litreclass bikes)
Aprilia RSV1000R 9 13.24%
Ducati 999s 20 29.41%
Bimota db5 mille 3 4.41%
Benelli Tornado tre 4 5.88%
MV agusta F4 1000 25 36.76%
triumph daytona 955i 1 1.47%
BMW k1200s 3 4.41%
mondial superbike 0 0%
moto morini corsaro 1200 0 0%
cagiva raptor 1000 1 1.47%
laverda sfc 1000 0 0%
moto guzzi mgs-01 corsa 1 1.47%
norton commando 961ss 1 1.47%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2006, 05:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

This poll certainly shows the ignorance of Indians towards European bikes.

NOt intending to point at anyone. just a normal impression I got from this poll and the various posts.

The big 4 Japs look to dominate the Superbike market.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 19th April 2006 at 05:56.
Old 19th April 2006, 08:32   #32
Senior - BHPian

Why pin point just the Indians ?? Check out any Superbike group in US or Europe you will find more & more riders riding japs & why not the Europeans are priced so highly the japs make the obvious buy with cheaper parts easy maintainance & good performance. Mind it people are more choosy about bikes since they are not commuters & they spend on bike cautiously.

Hell even the MOTOGP is ruled by Japs does it mean they are ignorant too, I guess not

So its not just the ignorance but also the complete package where the Japs score over the Europeans.
Old 19th April 2006, 16:40   #33
BHPian

Bimota DB5 Mille 2005 for me
Old 20th April 2006, 04:56   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Why pin point just the Indians ?? Check out any Superbike group in US or Europe you will find more & more riders riding japs & why not the Europeans are priced so highly the japs make the obvious buy with cheaper parts easy maintainance & good performance. Mind it people are more choosy about bikes since they are not commuters & they spend on bike cautiously.

Hell even the MOTOGP is ruled by Japs does it mean they are ignorant too, I guess not

So its not just the ignorance but also the complete package where the Japs score over the Europeans.

I dont mean by sales. I just meant as in the general info. That includes me. I never knew Mondial Piega is making a comeback. Going to the website and checking that out gave me a shock.

for eg look at the car scene. you have heard about bmw, mercedes, fiat, renault, vw, audi, ferrari, lambo etc.

you also know about these cars as much as honda, toyota,nissan, mitsubishi, suzuki, mazda, subaru etc.

I also dont argue the superiority of Jap superbikes over the Europeans. I live in toronto and all I have seen is hardly a handful of european bikes compared to japs.

I also agree to the price concept of The European bikes being more expensive than most family sedans.

I just meant the general info.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 20th April 2006 at 05:06.
Old 20th April 2006, 09:17   #35
Senior - BHPian

Yes but then again you are comparing chalk & chese. Agreed we know about the European cars but then it explains why we have Maserrati, Porche, Audi, Skoda, Ferraris's being sold in India while there is not a single company selling SBKs. The market is entirely different.

But yes although the European bikes are real exotics they never make it beyond wallpapers
Old 20th April 2006, 11:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Yes but then again you are comparing chalk & chese. Agreed we know about the European cars but then it explains why we have Maserrati, Porche, Audi, Skoda, Ferraris's being sold in India while there is not a single company selling SBKs. The market is entirely different.

But yes although the European bikes are real exotics they never make it beyond wallpapers
We have all the exotic cars being sold now because of the change in the homologation rules.
I don't think similar rules were changed for exotic bikes.
As it stands, even an 'exotic' bike has to be homologated through the ARAI, which won't be worth the trouble for the manufacturers.

But other than that, the perception of superbikes is still a little immature in india.
People talk of them as only bhp/kg numbers and nothing else.
(well maybe some discussion about the colour and underseat pipes )

Whereas cars are looked upon in a more "complete package" way,
which is IMHO more essential when you take two wheels away

Last edited by epyupc : 20th April 2006 at 11:43.
Old 22nd April 2006, 14:26   #37
Senior - BHPian

axually while I found the ducati 999R to be much much better built and had much better feel compared to the yamaha R1 but the price doesnt really justify it.
Old 29th April 2006, 05:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

25th Mar 2006
Italian SUPERTWINS championship - 1st race

Bimota and sports are an unseparable combination and, as per forecasts made, DB5 was chosen by various teams to race at the Italian Supertwins Championship.
The first race took place on the Santamonica Circuit in Misano Adriatico and was characterised by the presence of various motorcycle brands. Indeed, apart from our motorbikes, there were at the starting grid Ducati, NCR, Moto Guzzi and Buell.
Since from the qualification the teams had behaved in a perfect way placing one motorbike in the first and one in the second line; 4th Bentivogli db5 1000; 6th Pigliacelli db5 1000; 17th Polzella DB4, 27th Serra DB5 1000.
The race started with the emotion to see the wonderful DB5 of the Lusuardi Team having number 1 starting from the first line for then fighting for the first positions, thanks to an expert such as Bentivogli who then would nearly reach the podium after having attacked successfully Venghing because of a surrounding.
New Entry Ivano Pigliacelli on the DB5 by Team GP, who had started from the second line did not lose of sight the leading group attacking first Pertile (6th) and then Tondo (5th). Then, seeing the possibility to obtain glory fade due to a wrong calculation of fuel which forced him to retire only a few hundreds metres from the finishing.
Serra did not race at all due to electric problems during the qualificatins, whereas Polzella ended its race at the 18th position with a DB4 which was pushed by real love for our brand. The interest shown by the enthusiast motocycle riders and by people of the sector for the Bimotas present at the competition was noticeable. Everybody was happy to see our brand at its natural place: the track.

contd......

Last edited by devarshi84 : 29th April 2006 at 05:04.
Old 29th April 2006, 05:04   #39
Senior - BHPian

contd....

23rd Apr 2006
Ducati Desmo Challenge first race, DB5 e Bentivogli WON!!!

Varano De Melegari circuit near Parma was the place where the first Ducati Desmo Challange took place and saw as the absolute protagonist on a Bimota DB5 Paolo Bentivogli, who literally dominated the race.
After a very good performance  during the first race of the Supertwins Championship in Misano Adriatico, with a perfectly tuned up motorbike and a major feeling, rider and the DB5 Mille brought us the victory our model deserves.
Next competition for the Crespi Team will be on the Mugello circuit for the second race of the Supertwins Championship which will see also the presence of all the other Bimota teams..

contd.....

Last edited by devarshi84 : 29th April 2006 at 05:06.
Old 29th April 2006, 05:06   #40
Senior - BHPian

contd...

Old 16th June 2006, 21:20   #41
Senior - BHPian

moderators please remove the Superbike Mondial piega. The company has just been stripped apart.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks