Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2006, 17:53   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboysclub
near minarva theathre, there is one showroom

Do you mean Maharashtra Motors, or sumone else?

Cheers!

az
Old 21st November 2007, 15:44   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipisland View Post
Nitrous
how r v? Mate help me out plz to get some dealers name in mumbai . Some reay gud genuine dealers who can source me out a gud honda in Mumbai. Thanks mate. U a champ.
have a gud one
later
me
hi im gautam and have a honda x4 for sale, you can get in touch with me fir details on 9820133414..cheers...hondas are the best..
Old 21st November 2007, 22:03   #33
BHPian

Heard of this guy Chohan Saad in Mumbai? He's good?

Any comments? Bunny?
Old 21st November 2007, 22:25   #34
BHPian

theres also Guddu motors, in the same lane as maharashtra motors.Nice chap had an awesome cbr 1000rr repsol replica up sale, not too sure if its thr.Guddu has clean papers n does the registration for u onc u've bought the bike from him.there wont be too many hassels...
Old 22nd November 2007, 13:07   #35
BHPian

chohan takes buys bikes from my friend only but the problem is that his papers take time to come like 2 months man
Old 26th November 2007, 09:34   #36

I have a Ducati Monster M400 1997 that I want to bring on TR.

Willing to pay the requisite duty and all papers clear.

I've read the web and searched the forum but not able to compile the relevant info correctly.

1. Is it true that bikes more than 3 years old cannot be imported even on TR? (One thread had an email copy from someone in customs that said the 3 years rule is not enforced)

2. One website asked to have emission testing done just before the bike is shipped to India? is this correct?

3. As the bike is 10 years old can I claim the full 70% depreciation on original retail price? (If bikes more than 3 years old cannot be imported why is there a rule for depreciation more than 3 years?)

4. Is it true that the bike must come through Mumbai port only?

5. Are there agents that handle used bike imports on TR? Any contact leads much appreciated.

At first I wanted to bring in my VW Golf, but the costs are too impractical for me. Now looking to bring my bike which I love but don't use much anymore. I have an old car in India so would love to have my old trusty bike with me, to get around the traffic congestion.

Thanks people!
Old 26th November 2007, 19:41   #37
Team-BHP Support

Bugatti, prabhu & rpanicker (rajesh) are two members i know of who have brought down bikes on TR.
From what i have gathered over the years:
You can avail of complete 70% depreciation
It should not be too complicated clearing the bike from the customs if you have an efficient C&F agent, and you are prepared to pay the right amount of duty and taxes.
Find a neighbouring driving school who does R.T.O. work too, most of them help you with the regular transfers, registration, e.t.c They should be able to help you with registering the vehicle at the cost of a little extra chai paani, but then it its a lot more convenient than going to the babus yourself.

Go through the advice section, the thread on superbikes is extremely helpful for newbies to the 'big' bike scene in India.

manson.
Old 26th November 2007, 20:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
chohan takes buys bikes from my friend only but the problem is that his papers take time to come like 2 months man
He buys bikes from someone else. Now that is interesting. From Who?
In case you dont want to answer that, atleast let me know which dealer would you guys recommend?
Old 28th November 2007, 00:01   #39
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
He buys bikes from someone else. Now that is interesting. From Who?
In case you dont want to answer that, atleast let me know which dealer would you guys recommend?
I have met this Saad chouhan chap. The guy doesn't mknow much aprt from sketchy prices of brand new bikes. Looks lik every other guys who can rattle a few superbikes' names has become a dealer.
From what it appeared from the interaction i had with Saad, he just seemed to be working with a group of his friends/cousins, and i seriosuly doubt he owns a single motorycycle he's posted all over the net. And, none of the bikes he talks about or has for sale seem to have 'clean paperwork'
All of the above can be said about a couple of other so called 'dealers' too.

manson.

manson.
Old 28th November 2007, 08:23   #40
BHPian

I would definately recommend Zubin / Mukesh at Shivaji park, they deal only in clean bikes and the plus point of buying from them is that you get full service/ repairs and after market parts support from them as Zubin is one of the best guys to work on SBKs in Bombay also, they have got the Joe Rocket and Shift dealership for riding gear.
Old 28th November 2007, 09:31   #41

Hi Manson, thanks for the advice. Hopefully Prabhu and RPanicker will post about their experience.

Would you be able to suggest an efficient C&F agent?

Will do on the superbikes thread. Thanks again.
Old 28th November 2007, 18:59   #42
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Chief View Post
they deal only in clean bikes
I would not want to get specific, but i am yet to come across a sbk dealer who only deals in 'clean bikes'
I have seen enough shoddy examples from most dealers/agents/mechanics to make the above statement.
On the basis of paperwork, only about 1 out of 10 bikes (or even less) a dealer sells has reasonably decent import documents.

manson.
Old 28th November 2007, 19:08   #43
Team-BHP Support

Some informationg that rpanicker had pm'd me regarding bringing down his ninja:

Quote:
They allow you to claim depreciation so I went in for a 7-year old model to claim maximum depreciation of 70%.

The duty worked out to somewhere around 110% on depreciated value of the original sale price from Kelly's Blue Book. You also need to own it for a minimum of one year abroad before you can import it! Apart from the official duty one needs to reimburse the clearing agent as well.
manson.
Old 28th November 2007, 21:12   #44
Team-BHP Support

prabhu has put up a detailed account of his import process including exact figures and amounts of duties paid. Search for it guys. I'm accessing this from my phone so it will take too long or else i would have done it.
Old 2nd December 2007, 08:06   #45
Senior - BHPian

That saad guy is a kid, probably working on commission basis with his elder cousins, doesnt know anything about bikes.

@I-Chief: Mukesh & Zubin dont have the dealership for joe rocket & shift as yet, spoke to mukesh & they still dont have stock with them. Dont think its that easy. Will just have to wait & see what happens.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks