Team-BHP - 2012 Ninja 650 Launched at Rs 4.99 Lacs (Ex-Showroom Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   2012 Ninja 650 Launched at Rs 4.99 Lacs (Ex-Showroom Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/124743-2012-ninja-650-launched-rs-4-99-lacs-ex-showroom-delhi-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2873723)
UPDATE:

Booked my Green baby today finally after years of dreaming and waiting. clap:

The OTR price in Dehradun is Rs. 5.15 lakhs. Paid 50k booking amount.

Hey Narula, Many many congratulations bro. Get it delivered asap and start munching miles.
You are very lucky to get it for 5.15 as here in blr it costs 5.9 lacs :Frustrati

Wait a minute. How come 5.15 lacs? What is ex-showroom cost? Assuming 5.03L and insurance to be 0.12L, its 5.15L. No road tax in dehradun kya? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2873756)
Hey Narula, Many many congratulations bro. Get it delivered asap and start munching miles.
You are very lucky to get it for 5.15 as here in blr it costs 5.9 lacs :Frustrati

Wait minute, how come 5.15 lacs? What is ex-showroom cost? Assuming 5.03L and insurance to be 0.12L, its 5.15L. No road tax in dehradun kya? :D

Thanks for the wishes. As luck would have it, I am shifting to Bangalore next week. So realized its more profitable to buy from doon and get the bike to B'lore later. But never knew the price difference is so HUGE !!! :Shockked:

In all my excitement, I forgot to find out the price breakup. stupid:

But for sure the price OTR here is 5,15,384. Unless they are giving me an early bird discount !

Will find out the price split tomorrow and update it. I am forced to wait till September for the delivery because shifting and settling down in Bangalore both personally and professionally will take me some time and my boss will shoot me if I ask for leave before that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2873763)
Thanks for the wishes. As luck would have it, I am shifting to Bangalore next week. So realized its more profitable to buy from doon and get the bike to B'lore later. But never knew the price difference is so HUGE !!! :Shockked:

But for sure the price OTR here is 5,15,384. Unless they are giving me an early bird discount ! .

Ex-showroom in blr is 5.07 lac and road tax is a cool 67K.

Good to hear about you moving to bangalore. Let me know if you need any info.
I will be very happy if you can bring one for me :D

Congrats Narula !

Thanks Bajaj! I guess its a great pricing! Expected ABS and more color options though.

ANd ' the new model costs over Rs 40, 000 more than the 2011 edition.'

Quote:

As luck would have it, I am shifting to Bangalore next week. So realized its more profitable to buy from doon and get the bike to B'lore later. But never knew the price difference is so HUGE !!! :Shockked:

IIRC the on road price in Blore is around 5.8L. Congrats on finally getting the bike you were craving for. Do PM me when you get here. We can ride out over the weekends together.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2873723)
UPDATE:

Booked my Green baby today finally after years of dreaming and waiting. clap:

Congrats Narula, the new one does look more characterful compared to the old one. Somehow the old model was not visually appealing but i would miss the single seat of the old one on new model.

And yes please do not waste time in picking up the bike, lest somebody else jumps in ahead of you with all the Gandhis...

Quote:

But for sure the price OTR here is 5,15,384. Unless they are giving me an early bird discount !

Will find out the price split tomorrow and update it. I am forced to wait till September for the delivery because shifting and settling down in Bangalore both personally and professionally will take me some time and my boss will shoot me if I ask for leave before that.

Congratulations Narula. Thank god you got the bike. Here the A'bad PBK is being alloted 2 bikes and there are already last years 2 bookings to be delivered :Frustrati

Just got off the phone with the PBK guys and they said they can take up my booking only next month. Have urged them to try and see if there's any chance to get it earlier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 2874619)
Congratulations Narula. Just got off the phone with the PBK guys and they said they can take up my booking only next month. Have urged them to try and see if there's any chance to get it earlier.

Sad to hear that buddy. I was lucky on that account. Why don't u try buying from some other PBK like Baroda and drive it down to Ahmedabad to register? But two bikes for a city as big as A'bad is funny. Dehradun got 2 bikes. Good luck and thanks for the wishes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ku69rd (Post 2874608)
Congrats Narula, the new one does look more characterful compared to the old one.
And yes please do not waste time in picking up the bike, lest somebody else jumps in ahead of you with all the Gandhis...

Ah, I have moved up the time of delivery based on some thinking and warning from fellow bhpians. So now as things stand, my bike should reach the showroom here in the next 10 days, but they shall unpack her from her cage only when I give the go ahead. Post which RTO formalities will take about a week atleast. So by September 1st week, she should be home.

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya (Post 2874025)
IIRC the on road price in Blore is around 5.8L. Congrats on finally getting the bike you were craving for. Do PM me when you get here. We can ride out over the weekends together.

Thanks Aditya. I am not getting the Ninja to Bangalore initially. Until mid 2013 shes going to be at my house in doon post which I shall bring her to B'lore. Until then I shall have my trusted 220 to keep me company in Bangalore. Will PM you once I m there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 2874017)
Congrats Narula !
Thanks Bajaj! I guess its a great pricing! Expected ABS and more color options though.

Thank You. Yes I would have loved the ABS but i am happy with the color I am buying. Always wanted a Green Kwacker at home. The manager told me that there are rumours that based on response, Black might show up at a later stage. Dunno how reliable this info is though.

UPDATE:

Shall make some more payment to them in a few days and the rest by the time the bike reaches doon. Truth be told, Dehradun being a small town doesn't have too many people willing to buy a bike worth over 5 lakhs. So not much competition on that account. Had it been a metro, I would have been scared to my core about my booking getting botched.

For those who requested the price breakup, the following is as per my booking receipt:

Ex Showroom Price: Rs 5,03,871
Comprehensive Insurance: Rs 8,997
RTO tax (lifetime): Rs 2,380
Total : Rs 5,15,228

The saree guard on the bike is so obnoxious that it almost touches the ground :eek:. The PBK Manager showed me a pic on his laptop and I couldn't believe how cruel mankind could be to such a beautiful machine.

Need tips from fellow members on how to be smart and safe during this booking period. What to keep my eyes open for and what to insist on when dealing with the dealer? Also, do we have a PDI guide for two-wheelers available on the forum?

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2874706)

For those who requested the price breakup, the following is as per my booking receipt:

Ex Showroom Price: Rs 5,03,871
Comprehensive Insurance: Rs 8,997
RTO tax (lifetime): Rs 2,380
Total : Rs 5,15,228

Dude you are very lucky to pay a road tax of around 0.46%.
KA Cess = DN life time tax and we indians talk about globalization :D.

Only the green colour is launched and no ABS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2874706)
Sad to hear that buddy. I was lucky on that account. Why don't u try buying from some other PBK like Baroda and drive it down to Ahmedabad to register? But two bikes for a city as big as A'bad is funny. Dehradun got 2 bikes. Good luck and thanks for the wishes.

Need tips from fellow members on how to be smart and safe during this booking period. What to keep my eyes open for and what to insist on when dealing with the dealer? Also, do we have a PDI guide for two-wheelers available on the forum?

Thanks

Congratulations narula123 . Great to know that dehradun is getting more and more keen bikers .

Although not a biker myself , glad to hear from a Bhpian from Dehradun .
Indeed dehradun is a small town but the number of good fast bikes is increasing by the day . Atleast that's what i notice every time i come back lol:.

:OTNext time im back in doon , would love to meet up and see your new possession in person .

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enigmatic

Congratulations narula123 . Great to know that dehradun is getting more and more keen bikers .

Although not a biker myself , glad to hear from a Bhpian from Dehradun .
Indeed dehradun is a small town but the number of good fast bikes is increasing by the day . Atleast that's what i notice every time i come back lol:.

:OTNext time im back in doon , would love to meet up and see your new possession in person .

Thanks for the wishes :-)
Do let me know when you are next in town. If I happen to be here will meet up for sure.
Yes dehradun is certainly getting more posh with time but its still annoying to see kids with no helmets or manners going berserk on two wheels. Scary & Stupid. Wish helmet strictness was as sharp as delhi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2874791)
Dude you are very lucky to pay a road tax of around 0.46%.
KA Cess = DN life time tax and we indians talk about globalization :D.

Hey Narula, Quoted the wrong message oops...

Booking the Ninja tomorrow in A'bad itself.

Should receive it in the next 90 days :-) YAY!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lionell (Post 2876805)
Hey Narula, Quoted the wrong message oops...

Booking the Ninja tomorrow in A'bad itself.

Should receive it in the next 90 days :-) YAY!

Congrats mate. Do let us know the Price in Ahmedabad.

And why 90 days? I got a written commitment of 10 days for mine? Are they going to wait for the second lot for your bike? Also, do ensure that you get some free accessories in the deal (mainly the rear grab rail).

Called PBK bengaluru yesterday. Not accepting bookings and are not sure about a display bike.