Team-BHP - 2012 Ninja 650 Launched at Rs 4.99 Lacs (Ex-Showroom Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Superbikes & Imports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/)
-   -   2012 Ninja 650 Launched at Rs 4.99 Lacs (Ex-Showroom Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/superbikes-imports/124743-2012-ninja-650-launched-rs-4-99-lacs-ex-showroom-delhi-5.html)

Guys,
I am getting my 2012 Ninja 650 clap:at Pune this coming week and I intend to register it at Mumbai . I shall be getting it to Mumbai on a temp registration from Pune RTO. Is it advisable to get the bike at the octroi post myself and pay the octroi or do I need to get an agent for that. Never done this before, anybody has any experience as to how things work at the octroi post at vashi?
Will appreciate if anyone can send me the contact details of any reliable agents who can do this process and the registration for me.please:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Zappa (Post 2890121)
Guys,
I am getting my 2012 Ninja 650 clap:at Pune this coming week and I intend to register it at Mumbai . I shall be getting it to Mumbai on a temp registration from Pune RTO. Is it advisable to get the bike at the octroi post myself and pay the octroi or do I need to get an agent for that. Never done this before, anybody has any experience as to how things work at the octroi post at vashi?
Will appreciate if anyone can send me the contact details of any reliable agents who can do this process and the registration for me.please:

Hey Frank Zappa,

Congrats & Welcome to the club.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2888941)
Completed the billing process today and got the bike unpacked and ready for RTO registration. Since I was personally not in town, I could not take delivery but my family members got it unpacked in front of themselves. Will take delivery next week assuming the RTO process is done and over with by then.

Attaching a few pics from today:

Congrats Narula. This fab news. Happy riding soon! clap:

Wanting to be sure to be an owner of the great ninja 650 tried picking it up where it was available (not some lucky dip stuff). But now I won the dip too. So, have two bikes ready for delivery. Anyone needs one, please call me immediately. 9886659548

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddream (Post 2890360)
Wanting to be sure to be an owner of the great ninja 650 tried picking it up where it was available (not some lucky dip stuff). But now I won the dip too. So, have two bikes ready for delivery. Anyone needs one, please call me immediately. 9886659548

PBK guys will not allow transfer. This was made very clear by the khivraj lady during lucky draw process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reddream (Post 2890360)

But why did you participate in the draw when you already had a booking in hand? If what DJay is saying is true then you might just have cost a poor guy his chance of owning the Ninja.

Congrats Varun & Frank !

Just heard from a friend bookings for the 2012 too are limited. I haven't booked one , but looks like this lot is close to sellout , no idea if/when next batch of 650s is scheduled. I hadn't imagined even in India a bike as expensive would sell out , but then yes this is a limited numbers deal anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricci (Post 2890507)
Congrats Varun & Frank !

Just heard from a friend bookings for the 2012 too are limited. I haven't booked one , but looks like this lot is close to sellout , no idea if/when next batch of 650s is scheduled. I hadn't imagined even in India a bike as expensive would sell out , but then yes this is a limited numbers deal anyway.

I got to know that all dealers in metro could be getting 4 to 6 bikes per month and this will increase month by month. By december, there should not be any cumbersome waiting/lucky draw process and you can pay and get your bike. This was confirmed by rahul bajaj.

I never wanted to spoil anybodies chance. I just didn't want the trouble of shipping my first blocked bike from some other state. That is why I am giving an opportunity for someone to own it now, if they are willing to take the pain which I was ready to take for the beautiful ninja before winning the lucky dip.

If the Bike itself is so hard to come by, what would be the situation with spares when you need to replace any? Would it not become another Ducati or a Triumph story? Each time a spare is needed, the bike would need to wait for weeks.

What has been the experience of the existing users?

Quote:

Originally Posted by djay99 (Post 2890548)
I got to know that all dealers in metro could be getting 4 to 6 bikes per month and this will increase month by month. By december, there should not be any cumbersome waiting/lucky draw process and you can pay and get your bike. This was confirmed by rahul bajaj.

They are seriously thinking of booking all comers and taking an upfront amount, so that they have a confirmed buyer and can arrange the bikes accordingly - as their initial forecasting was way out of whack.

Hope they do that fast if they want to cash in on the craze and satisfy the huge fans in the waiting list .

I don't understand this lucky drip/dip drama .When they knew how the first lot was sold , they clearly know ,even if they get excess , they will sell .A customer should get bike as soon as the amount is paid . Other wise he will look for some thing else .

And why this nonsense of only GREEN color ( take it or leave it ) ! , there are so many other beautiful colors that look good on this bike .

Quote:

Originally Posted by black12rr (Post 2891697)
And why this nonsense of only GREEN color ( take it or leave it ) ! , there are so many other beautiful colors that look good on this bike .

Makes operational & economical sense to stock spares only in one colour for the company. Specially when they dont have the quantities to justify the scale.

Quote:

Originally Posted by narula123 (Post 2891703)
Makes operational & economical sense to stock spares only in one colour for the company. Specially when they dont have the quantities to justify the scale.

That's seller's convenience .

So Honda , yamaha, suzuki and others sell only one color bike in INDIA ! , how are they doing it ? . Its manufacturer arrogance I call it . We are so limited in choices ,forced to buy what is offered .