Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2013, 09:48   #181
BHPian

Hi
Yes is the 2013 avatar with more black in the fairing, a black front fender and a ninja sticker on the tank panel instead of the kawasaki.
Please remove that superb saree guard asap.
Congratulations again, enjoy it.
Rgds

Hi Sriku
This is a pic with the pazzo green regular levers
Rgds

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Edit button within 30 mins of your first post instead of submitting back to back posts. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650-rscn0988.jpg  

Last edited by n_aditya : 11th January 2013 at 14:00. Reason: posts merged
Old 11th January 2013, 10:10   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Interesting.
Even I don't like the 2013 styling - from the pics.
Hope it's better in flesh.

BTW, any improvements to brakes and lights in the 2013 version?

Can that "Ninja" sticker on the tank be removed? It's absolutely ugly. And even the headlamps look like the bike is wearing (cheap) sunglasses.
They should launch all black version rather than this mix and match :-(

On the brighter side - now there are fewer plastics that need to be repainted in black to get myself an all black Ninja...

Last edited by anandpadhye : 11th January 2013 at 10:13.
Old 11th January 2013, 13:12   #183
BHPian

Hi anandpadhye

Changes are only cosmetic. No upgrade on the brakes or electricals. ABS is an option internationally BUT IS NOT OFFERED IN INDIA.

You can remove the 'ninja' sticker easily if you choose to & replace with one from the factory effex Kawasaki sticker sheet.

The bike does not look bad but thats only a personal opinion. Some prefer the 2012 while some like the infusion of some more 'black' in the 2013 version.

I personally really loved the red thats available abroad. Actually makes an average looking machine look pretty cool. Paint finish is superb on all machines I have seen.
Rgds
Old 11th January 2013, 18:54   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag_kv View Post
Youll understand why i said that once you see the pics- its completely remodified styling maybe for 2013, i am not sure, you see the pics i took and spot the differences, did'nt appeal to me in the first look but after seeing it for sometime fell in love once again:-)
Congratulations! Honeymoon period starts! Run her in well, get the first service done asap, and keep the shiny side up! Keep us posted on all that happens. Before the inevitable splurging on mods/accessories, please invest in top of the line riding gear, if you do not already have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinyaar View Post
Hi
This is a pic with the pazzo green regular levers
Thanks for the pic dinyaar, your bike's looking good! I really do like the grip/lever green combo. I'll probably get the shorty's though, they just feel a lot better. Brake pads, lines then shorty's.
Have the cops harassed you for the number plate sticker on the visor? I have heard that cops give such bikes a hard time in Bombay. I would hate to have an argument with our traffic police on something like that.
On another note, saw a Juicebox decal? please explain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
Interesting.
Even I don't like the 2013 styling - from the pics.
Hope it's better in flesh.
It does look better in the flesh, its a good look. Although many prefer the 2012 full-green. It boils down to individual preference, however I don't mind this either. I'm sure you'll agree, Once you're on the bike, it doesn't really matter what it looks like Though black would definitely have been my pick too. Not fair that the 250 boys get it in black and we don't.

Last edited by sriku : 11th January 2013 at 18:57. Reason: missed a point.
Old 12th January 2013, 08:28   #185
BHPian

Quote:
and the final moment when i got to see my bike standing in the basement, a all new model ninja 650 with many changes in the body work,
Hi sag_kv,

Congrats on getting the Ninja. I personally still like the 2012 all-green look over the 2013. Nevertheless, its still the same great machine. Ride it responsibly and please invest in good quality riding gear.
Old 12th January 2013, 09:57   #186
BHPian

Hi guys
Sriku Its just a decal! Bike looks good cause it has butter wax on it. Seriously good product which has this wet look and is easy on easy off. Plus has no polishing agents, just good old wax . Even makes my 25 year old RX 100 look good!!!! Available in bbay for about Rs 550 for a smallish tub and made by armor all. Incidently even their car shampoo in both regular & heavy duty variant is superb. Better than the likes of formula 1, Abro etcetc. 3M products are also great but sometimes difficult to get.
Well have my number plate sticker on the front fender on all machines for the last 25 years and I am in south mumbai. Its not on the visor. Hope I am not stopped today by the cops The ugly bracket had to go & you either put the number on the fender or the visor.
Rgds
dinyaar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2013, 19:12   #187
BHPian

Had been to the showroom today to finish some final formalities, still not taking delivery till thursday for auspicious reasons. Yes even i feel the kawasaki people have tried something new with the looks, i still like the green it looks great, and the decals in the older version are better i felt, still havent seen my bike in daylight, i hope it looks great.I have been looking closely for the difference and the side profile is better with the contrast and the black dome is seen continuing with the black on the tank and the side lines, but if you see it head on yes its a turn off as plain carbon black is little on the dull side, dinyaar your bike is a shiner looks great.
I noticed the odo had clocked 32 kms i thought that was abnormal, was told the bike undergoes testing at the manufacturing site.Then the right side footpeg assembly, tiangular frame was loose i justbwas checking for loose plastics and found too much play i, should get that fixed at delivery. The clutch has too much play, needs adjustment.
I am new to the superbike franchicee, wanted to know is there a idling time after switching on the bike before shifting gears because today i started it to put is aside in the godown so that nobody messes with it. Initially the engine was at high rpms and shifted after 1 min idling heard a big clunk, and almost after 5 min found the rpm coming down, should we wait till the rpm comes down before movingbthe bike, please enlighten me.

Last edited by sag_kv : 12th January 2013 at 19:35.
Old 12th January 2013, 21:11   #188
BHPian

Hi Sag_kv,
Your bike will also look shiny & great. There will always be some changes every year and this 2013 bike looks cool too.
Just buy good wax and keep the painted surface looking great.

32 kms is normal not to worry as there is nothing amiss. All our machines have had about that much when we took delivery in kanjurmarg as the machine is ridden from the octroi naka to the showroom by 'skilled riders'!!!The triangular bracket that holds the footpegs is mounted on rubber to lessen vibration so there is some play. It cant be tightened so that it wont shake so nothing to worry.

Yes u should get the clutch play adjusted to your liking. Dont open the adjuster fully on the lever side rather get them to open both settings a bit to ensure smooth operation. Must have some play but make sure the gears change smoothly.

When u first start the bike the RPM is high till the engine(CAT CON I presume) reaches operating temperature. Yes u do not ride off, rather let it idle for a few minutes till the RPM comes down to 1200/1300. Then shift into first & you are set to zoom off. This has to be done every morning or everytime the engine cools off. Basically u are not to put any load on a cold engine ever hence u let it idle & give the oil a chance to reach everywhere. The clunk you heard is because the RPMs were high (16/1800) and/ Or the clutch setting is yet to be done. In any case these bikes have a thud/ clunk when u put into first as compared to say smaller capacity machines like the pulsars, unicorns, zmas etc etc. DONT WORRY it wont shatter the gear box.

The PBK guys will tell u all this in any case. Just check that all is OK with the bike i.e no dents, chips, fades, coolant level, oil level etc etc. All this is done in the PDI in any case but its best to verify for yourself. Take delivery in daylight if possible. Check all the documents & the tool kit and just take the keys (2) fast and post all about your new toy!!!!
Rgds

Last edited by dinyaar : 12th January 2013 at 21:26. Reason: Additional info
Old 12th January 2013, 21:58   #189
BHPian

Hi guys here are somemore pics i clicked
Attached Images

Old 14th January 2013, 19:00   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Sriku Its just a decal!
Well have my number plate sticker on the front fender on all machines for the last 25 years and I am in south mumbai. Its not on the visor.
Rgds
Great, my interest was piqued by that decal!
I've put the sticker on my visor this past weekend. Haven't removed the number plate yet, will have to find some time the coming weekend to do that.

Quote:
32 kms is normal not to worry as there is nothing amiss. All our machines have had about that much when we took delivery in kanjurmarg as the machine is ridden from the octroi naka to the showroom by 'skilled riders'!!!
Rgds
dinyaar, my bike had 03 kms on it when I took delivery from Belgaum KTM. They unloaded it from the truck and rolled it into the store. Then after adding the visor/mirrors etc, they took a couple of small rides to make sure all is well, because I told them I was riding back to bombay the next day.
Old 15th January 2013, 13:45   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinyaar
Hi Sag_kv,
Your bike will also look shiny & great. There will always be some changes every year and this 2013 bike looks cool too.
Just buy good wax and keep the painted surface looking great.

32 kms is normal not to worry as there is nothing amiss. All our machines have had about that much when we took delivery in kanjurmarg as the machine is ridden from the octroi naka to the showroom by 'skilled riders'!!!The triangular bracket that holds the footpegs is mounted on rubber to lessen vibration so there is some play. It cant be tightened so that it wont shake so nothing to worry.
Thanks dinyaar for the details, i will make a note of the things to check.Yes cant wait to get my hands on my bike, need to get good riding gear first, what would be the cost of getting the basic necessities.

Note from Support - Kindly avoid quoting an entire lengthy post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users. Thanks.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th January 2013 at 08:28.
Old 17th January 2013, 16:31   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks dinyaar for the details, i will make a note of the things to check.Yes cant wait to get my hands on my bike, need to get good riding gear first, what would be the cost of getting the basic necessities.
My bike had about 2-3 kms run on it when i took delivery. Like Sriku, my truck also stopped right at the showroom door.

As for riding gear, sky is the limit when it comes to prices but I will suggest you the cheapest you can go without compromising on quality:

1. Helmet - A DOT/SNELL certified lid like SOL will cost you about 5000. Go slightly higher to Sparx and KBC at around 8000 bucks. I suggest avoid LS2 / Daijya / Vega etc. despite snazzy designs at cheap prices.

2. Gloves - Get a pair of full-gauntlet gloves from DSG or Spartan for about 2500 to 2700 bucks.

3. Jacket - A basic mesh / full-textile jacket from DSG or Spartan will cost you approx. INR 5000. Mesh will help you a long way in summers. Avoid full leather as it'll be expensive and you'll fry in the heat.

4. Pants - A set of good riding pants can be had from DSG, AGV Sport and Spartan for as low as Rs 6000. Make sure it has ample knee protection and a combination of mesh and textile is more practical.

5. Boots - Depends on what kind of boots you want - All weather, track or street boots. In any case stuff from Joe-Rocket, Sidi, A-Star and R-Jays starts from as low as Rs 7000. Track boots from A-Star are going for a very low Rs 11,000 these days at DSG. My choice would be Sidi.

Just wanted to give you a basic insight into the minimum cost for quality gear. For more options, pics, details surf the thread on riding gear.

Last edited by narula123 : 17th January 2013 at 16:39.
narula123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2013, 22:59   #193
BHPian

Thanks for the info narula, Got my bike today & bought my riding gear just after at x torque- good shop. I bought
Fx tank pad protector 1900,
Tourmaster intake air 3 jacket - 14000
Tourmaster elite bike cover - 4900
Z1R phantom helmet - 7900

I know i overshot my budget with still lot of things to buy( in my
Iist -shoes(10000), bike stand(5000),gloves-( 4000) , but i have no regrets the jacket & bike cover are exellent in fit & finish.
As for the helmet i am yet to try it out on the highway, it fits in snuggly only problem i faced was some air noise if i change the position of my head.

The bike delivery took just 10 min, i was not that really exited about the delivery as it was a long wait &all the exitement had slowly faded away. Oncw on the bikw i never felt i was on a big bike, handling is just superb,as it has been a while say altleast 8 years since i was regurlarly using a bike- last bike i had was a pulsar 180 cc the first model which was stolen unfortunately, before that i was using royal enfield 350 -83 model & yamaha rx 100.All this biking inbetween 2000 to 2005, 8 years only cars, changed 4, after which again started craving for bikes-and after 1 year of yes no i finally made my choice a great one.

The best part is this bike is not demanding its cool & composed, as for the acceleration i didnt try reving too hard as its run in period so cant say much about the power, the gears feel not too great reminds me of the pulsar, and neutral comes up if you dont shift hard between 1&2, wished gear indicator was there to decide during downshift, very confusing and difficult to always keep track of which gear i am in.Like everybody mentioned earlier the brake feel is not good, did.nt feel i was stopping with even good effort.

One more thing guys, anybody in bangalore who bought this bike have you got the new manual or old one, i just now checked and these guys have given me the old manual the ninja 650 r. I was in a rush so couldnt check got to go back and get the new one.:-(

Last edited by sag_kv : 17th January 2013 at 23:08.
Old 17th January 2013, 23:08   #194
Senior - BHPian

Congrats sag_kv. Please post some good quality photos of your bike and gear.
Old 18th January 2013, 09:30   #195
BHPian

Quote:
I know i overshot my budget with still lot of things to buy( in my
Iist -shoes(10000), bike stand(5000),gloves-( 4000) , but i have no regrets the jacket & bike cover are exellent in fit & finish.
As for the helmet i am yet to try it out on the highway, it fits in snuggly only problem i faced was some air noise if i change the position of my head.
sag_kv,
wind noise is never going away, there are however, certain measures you can take to reduce it:
1. Wear earplugs. I strongly recommend earplugs while riding, personally, I find myself less fatigued as a result of using them. Constant drone of wind and road noise makes me very tired at the end of a ride. Earplugs have literally changed my life.
2. Does your helmet have a chin curtain (search google images for "helmet chin curtain" to know what I'm referring to). This helps reduce the noise to an extent, also keeping any pebbles/bugs out of your face.
3. There is a product called WindJammer 2, which basically reduces the gap between the helmet shell and your neck, reducing the airflow and noise. I have not tried this, but have friends in the US who wear it on freeway rides and report good things about it.
4. A balaclava also helps, but may not be practical in summer.
5. Closing the vents off (taping over them) also helps, but again, impractical.

Also, be cautious while turning your head while riding, if you're at speed, the wind blast may be injurious, snapping your neck back. Tucking in behind the visor also helps reduce both wind blast and noise.

I'm surprised they gave you a 2011 manual. It's unacceptable. Give them hell!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks