Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2013, 19:17   #241
BHPian

Re: The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Isnt there any way by which a secondary console can be added to the bike which reads the fuel levels at least, how are the other race prepped bikes doing it.
Also a fairing can be made of fiber which can be shaped to the existing stock fairing of the bike and can be used during track days - not sure about the costs involved though.
Fabricating a race fairing is on the cards. These are also available from several aftermarket vendors like hotbodies etc. But I haven't seen one for the 650 yet, probably because it is not considered a track bike at all, and is considered a commuter/tourer abroad. Fabricating one would not be difficult here either. And could cost between 8-12k INR depending on the number of pieces to be made. It could be moulded by mirroring the stock fairings to retain the original look as well if needed. Once the race fairing is in place, the instrument console can stay on the bike itself and need not be disconnected. The headlamps will need to be removed though.
Old 8th October 2013, 19:42   #242
BHPian

Sounds good man, I will suggest for the lighting add the projector setup - will look wiked with the fairing and you can mask it during track days.

If not the full fairing atleast a half fairing will also be good enough for the bike and will contribute in some way to reduce the drag on long track streches.

Will look forward to your faired bike in coming days, best of luck.
invincible7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2013, 00:38   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
Sounds good man, I will suggest for the lighting add the projector setup - will look wiked with the fairing and you can mask it during track days.

If not the full fairing atleast a half fairing will also be good enough for the bike and will contribute in some way to reduce the drag on long track streches.

Will look forward to your faired bike in coming days, best of luck.
Some 650 owners have already progressed to a Projector setup with Morimotos and HIDs. I on the other hand am running Philips HID on stock reflector since this costed me half the cost of getting projectors. But if you can afford the 16-odd thousand then dont think twice about Morimotos.
Sriku is still running his stock lamps. Just a matter of time before I get him to upgrade his headlamps

Like Sriku said, a bikini track fairing is on the cards. Lets see what we come up with.
Old 21st November 2013, 20:43   #244
BHPian

Hi.
I have some query and if u can kindly answer themit would be great.
As I am asking someone else to get me the accessories and have not seen any of it personally,
Can you tell me what size xena disc brake fits for ninja2013.
And rim tape 6mm or 10mm is better.
Frame slidder r&g has any other specification for the ninja650.
Does the spool have any advantage other than for the paddock lift.
Is radiator grill a must?
What more intial accessories do I need for the bike.
Thanks.
Old 22nd November 2013, 10:08   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Can you tell me what size xena disc brake fits for ninja2013. Does the spool have any advantage other than for the paddock lift.
Is radiator grill a must? What more intial accessories do I need for the bike.
I would suggest you to buy the XX-6 model. This comes with a 120dB alarm and a 6mm locking pin which is more than enough. Anything bigger and it is a pain to carry around. This one fits neatly under the pillion seat in the storage area of my 250R. It will definitely fit your 650 as the locking pin locks onto any holes or grooves onto the rotor.

Paddock spools are for jacking up the bike for chain maintenance. You can get wheel bobbins which look similar but protect the forks and the swingarm.

Radiator guard is not a must but considering our terrain which is strewn with stones, it is advisable to minimize damage to the radiator fins. My 250 has no radiator guard but have managed to evade any damage to it so far (touchwood).

Other accessories you can consider are mirror extenders for better rear view, upgrading headlights, horn, brake pads, brake rotors, brake lines, gel pads for the seat (corbin gel seats are excellent but pricey), folding levers from pazzo or krafterwerk, tank pads from motografix, stomp grip for the sides of the tank, aftermarket bubble screen windshield, etc. Need more?
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 14:44   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Anything bigger and it is a pain to carry around. This one fits neatly under the pillion seat in the storage area of my 250R. It will definitely fit your 650 as the locking pin locks onto any holes or grooves onto the rotor.
I'm a novice. Can you elaborate above point?

Quote:

Other accessories you can consider are mirror extenders for better rear view, upgrading headlights, horn, brake pads, brake rotors, brake lines, gel pads for the seat (corbin gel seats are excellent but pricey), folding levers from pazzo or krafterwerk, tank pads from motografix, stomp grip for the sides of the tank, aftermarket bubble screen windshield, etc. Need more?
How much would this hit our pockets?
Old 22nd November 2013, 15:06   #247
BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest you to buy the XX-6 model. This comes with a 120dB alarm and a 6mm locking pin

You can get wheel bobbins which look similar but protect the forks and the swingarm.

Radiator guard is not a must but considering our terrain which is strewn with stones, it is advisable to minimize damage to the radiator fins.

Other accessories you can consider are ,etc. Need more?
When I searched the internet xx14 was advice. Anyways I get your point and feel the xx6 will do the job.
Don't we like to be safe (extent of using screen guard for gorilla glass), yes the radiator grill for sure.
So the swing arm spool has no advantage over the bobbins but for if I am going to get a paddock stand.
Well all the unlimited accessories are definitely on the watch list.
I am more like a feel it to believe it person so will see how bad the lights and brakes are before burning more blood on it.
I have already placed order for the tank pads and stomp grip, but thinking the 3m wrap will do the job too.
Whats the advantage of a bubble screen?

What about the 6mm or the 10mm rim strip, cant we make do with the one in our neighborhood sticker shop ?
Thanks for your detailed reply.
Old 22nd November 2013, 18:01   #248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasuki View Post
I'm a novice. Can you elaborate above point?
The XX-6 and the XX-10 are similar in looks, construction and the only difference is in the size of the unit and locking pin.

The XX-6 has a 6mm locking pin and the unit itself is smaller than the XX-10. XX-10 has a 10mm locking pin.
Old 26th November 2013, 13:48   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Hi.
I have some query and if u can kindly answer themit would be great.
As I am asking someone else to get me the accessories and have not seen any of it personally,
Can you tell me what size xena disc brake fits for ninja2013.
And rim tape 6mm or 10mm is better.
Frame slidder r&g has any other specification for the ninja650.
Does the spool have any advantage other than for the paddock lift.
Is radiator grill a must?
What more intial accessories do I need for the bike.
Thanks.
Hi Visaster,

XX6 is the Xena model I use. But the Ninja can easily fit the XX10 and XX15 models as well. In my opinion XX6 is more than enough.

No idea about rim tape width. Sorry.

For the frame sliders, R&G has only model for the Ninja 650 2012/13. No other spec required.

I have Kraftewerk spools which come with small sliders at their ends. Works like tiny frame sliders during a spill. Have seen one in action and it sheared off properly while saving the swingarm and brake assembly from scraping

I sincerely trust in a radiator grill after having seen bent fins on a number of bikes from highway riding or improper washing and cleaning. Its an investment which guarantees peace-of-mind. Infact on the track a friend's Hyosung's radiator got punctured with a stone thrown up by the bike in front of him.

I strongly advocate that you upgrade your brake lines and brake pads to steel-braided lines and EBC HH / Extreme Pro pads. It is an absolute must-do on the Ninja 650.

Also if you do a lot of night riding then upgrading the headlamps will also help.
Old 22nd January 2014, 01:06   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
We have an amazing Ninja 650 owners' club and the Bangalore chapter guys are just awesome. We ride almost every Sunday and its a pleasure riding with these fellows.
Hey Narula, I am planning to pick up either a Z800 or Z1000 and I was wondering if you Ninja group is exclusive for Ninja owners or whether other Kawasaki owners could also join?
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:13   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VellVector View Post
Hey Narula, I am planning to pick up either a Z800 or Z1000 and I was wondering if you Ninja group is exclusive for Ninja owners or whether other Kawasaki owners could also join?
Hi,

Right now the club is exclusively for Ninja 650 owners but that shouldnt prevent you from coming along for rides and other gatherings. PM once you get the bike. Good Luck
Old 23rd January 2014, 01:22   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Right now the club is exclusively for Ninja 650 owners but that shouldnt prevent you from coming along for rides and other gatherings. PM once you get the bike. Good Luck
Thanks, I have booked the bike and hope to get it soon, look forward to riding with you guys when the bike comes.
Old 7th February 2014, 11:45   #253

Hello riders

Just wanted to post a few pics of my 2014 Ninja 650. Stay tuned for updates

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650-photo.jpg  

The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650-photo-1.jpg  

magic flash is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th February 2014, 12:29   #254
BHPian

Congrats, Looks pretty comfortable.

It is next on my shopping list. I ma getting back to biking in middle age now.

keep the thread updated with ownership reports. Ride safe.
Old 8th February 2014, 16:52   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic flash View Post
Hello riders Just wanted to post a few pics of my 2014 Ninja 650. Stay tuned for updates Cheers.
Wow and congrats ! What's the OTR now ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks