Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2014, 12:03   #271
BHPian

Re: The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTH1987 View Post
Just got an update from Jai Bajaj in Chennai saying the prices of N-650 and N-300 has been raised. Can somebody check with the other showrooms and confirm the same? Would be especially interested in the rates of Z-800 from Pune & delhi showrooms.
I believe the Bangalore showroom has also revised the rates for both

The Ninja 650 which was around 5.78 lakhs is now 6.08 lakhs OTR. An approx 30,000 increase.

The Ninja 300 has gone up from 3.97 to 4.12 lakhs.

The increase is across Basic, Insurance and the Road tax.
narula123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2014, 05:50   #272
BHPian

Dammit - just took a quote a couple of weeks ago and this has to happen. Was only stalling because I read somewhere that the ER-6N will be launched this year. Wonder what their logic is in increasing prices considering the dollar rate has been travelling south?
Old 9th December 2014, 19:48   #273
BHPian

Just finished reading this thread from beginning to end mainly because I checked all options available and felt that the Ninja 650 would be most suited for our conditions and can be at ease both in city as well as the highway. Checked for delivery in 2 dealerships and both have bikes available for immediate delivery. Am planning to wait till Jan as I will at least have a 2015 reg bike. Thanks to all the owners who have taken time to post details on the bike and aftermarket parts that they have installed.

My take is that I will need the following right away -
1. Frame sliders
2. Swingarm and Front Fork Sliders
3. Tank Pad

Maybe post 1st service -
1. Braided lines
2. Brake pads

Nice to have -
1. Two Brothers exhaust

Anything else that the current crop of owners will advise? Thanks in advance.
Old 10th December 2014, 17:38   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
My take is that I will need the following right away -
1. Frame sliders
2. Swingarm and Front Fork Sliders
3. Tank Pad

Maybe post 1st service -
1. Braided lines
2. Brake pads

Nice to have -
1. Two Brothers exhaust

Anything else that the current crop of owners will advise? Thanks in advance.
If you can wait, the ER6N will be out soon costing 50k less than it's faired counterpart.

I put in the frame sliders and EBC brake pads as soon as I could as both were safety concerns. With these pads I don't really feel the requirement of braided lines. So I suggest you go with pads first and then if you feel the need get the lines.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2014, 23:25   #275
BHPian

I already saw the ER6N, it is there in the showrooms. I would prefer the faired machine as I am assuming that I will be doing a fair bit of riding on the highway and the fairing will help me then but thanks for the suggestion.

I will go with your suggestion to change the pads and then check if I need the lines or not. Where did you buy the frame sliders from? I am getting quotes of around 10k, is that ok?
Old 11th December 2014, 10:32   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I already saw the ER6N, it is there in the showrooms. I would prefer the faired machine as I am assuming that I will be doing a fair bit of riding on the highway and the fairing will help me then but thanks for the suggestion.

I will go with your suggestion to change the pads and then check if I need the lines or not. Where did you buy the frame sliders from? I am getting quotes of around 10k, is that ok?
Got the Puig frame sliders from a person on the KNOG fb group cost 9.5. PM me for his details.
goandude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2014, 12:49   #277
BHPian

Sent you the PM. Like I said I have time till Jan as I wont be picking it up before 26th
Old 11th December 2014, 17:53   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post

I put in the frame sliders and EBC brake pads as soon as I could as both were safety concerns. With these pads I don't really feel the requirement of braided lines. So I suggest you go with pads first and then if you feel the need get the lines.
I heard the other way - That is, Steel braid lines contribute more than that of the EBC brake pads. End of the day, having both is better anyway (I guess).

Quote:
Just finished reading this thread from beginning to end mainly because I checked all options available and felt that the Ninja 650 would be most suited for our conditions and can be at ease both in city as well as the highway. Checked for delivery in 2 dealerships and both have bikes available for immediate delivery. Am planning to wait till Jan as I will at least have a 2015 reg bike. Thanks to all the owners who have taken time to post details on the bike and aftermarket parts that they have installed.

Just a side note ... 2015 Ninja is coming, but I am not sure if it is going to be available in India anytime soon. I guess the dealers will push all their 2014 models first. Any difference between 2014 vs 2015 ? I think they are reverting back to maximum green-minimum black (just like the 2012 model).

Hope this does not add any confusion to your decision making

Note from Support - Posts merged. Please use the Multi-Quote option to reply to multiple posts, instead of submitting back to back posts.

Please read this thread for more information.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th December 2014 at 16:36. Reason: Posts merged
Old 12th December 2014, 13:00   #279
BHPian

Yeah, that thought had crossed my mind. Apparently, Kawa imports in bulk during Feb and I will have to wait until March end if I want a "true" 2015 model but considering that there is no design/specification change, just decided to get one in Jan itself. I dont really care much for the colors and am happy with the current look.
Old 12th December 2014, 13:36   #280
BHPian

@killjoy, just a suggestion. Tons of lightly used / as good as new N650s are available in the market. The going rate for 2012-2013 Ninjas is ~ Rs 4 lakhs atleast here in Pune. Makes sense to pick up one of these & use the spare cash for upgrades.
coolrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2014, 10:33   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrain View Post
@killjoy, just a suggestion. Tons of lightly used / as good as new N650s are available in the market. The going rate for 2012-2013 Ninjas is ~ Rs 4 lakhs atleast here in Pune. Makes sense to pick up one of these & use the spare cash for upgrades.
Good point, am going to check out some bikes this weekend, lets see how it goes.
Old 15th December 2014, 22:39   #282
BHPian

@coolrain, your suggestion turned out to be brilliant. Got the bike today, it is a 6 month old 2014 model and in immaculate shape!!

She is completely stock and I now need to add sliders and all the other things we spoke about earlier in this thread. Thanks everyone for the suggestions, hope to catch up with you guys sometime.
killjoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2014, 16:36   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@coolrain, your suggestion turned out to be brilliant. Got the bike today, it is a 6 month old 2014 model and in immaculate shape!!

She is completely stock and I now need to add sliders and all the other things we spoke about earlier in this thread. Thanks everyone for the suggestions, hope to catch up with you guys sometime.
Congratulations on the new motorcycle. Please put up your ownership thread after you spend some time on the saddle.
Old 17th December 2014, 20:35   #284
BHPian

Thanks man, wont start another thread but will add comments here.

Just 3 days of riding her and here are initial impressions (some may be repeats) -
1. She does tend to heat up quite a bit and it is more apparent in stop-go traffic
2. Brakes have less bite, especially rear. They also feel spongy
3. Slight flat spot around 2-3k rpm in 1st gear especially in the first 1-1.5 kms of riding. (Even though I let her idle for around a min before moving)
4. Very very easy to ride and does not feel like a big bike (heavy bike)
5. Handles like a dream and can bend over at stupid angles even at low speeds
6. Fantastic linear torque curve, can pull cleanly in all gears without the need to downshift (as long as you stay above 3k rpm)

Will post more after my first long ride, this is all from my ride to work and back.
Old 19th December 2014, 16:45   #285
BHPian

Another question for the current lot of owners -
1. Are you all sticking to the 6 month/5k kms service schedule or getting service done more frequently/less frequently?
2. Are you going with Probiking service or do you know someone better outside?

Most Viewed