Team-BHP > Motorbikes > Superbikes & Imports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2012, 14:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Green Assassin - My 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123 View Post
Thanks sammyboy. Is your Ninja here in Bangalore or Dehradun?
Its in Bangalore bro, am based here but my hometown is Doon. I bought it from here, the price diff between here and Doon (road tax) did make me cry a lot though :P

Is your Ninja here too? We should surely plan a ride sometime.

Last edited by sammyboy : 13th September 2012 at 14:13.
Old 13th September 2012, 23:16   #32
BHPian

The first ownership experience , great and well put. Thank you. I have also booked my ninja at pro biking Bangalore , they just took down my contact details and would call me for the lot.....:( but then that's ok, I need time till December to arrange my finances for the bike, so not in a hurry..
Old 13th September 2012, 23:19   #33
BHPian

Quote:
hahahaha. Ninja Narula sounds like a sequel to Rowdy Rathore.

Quote:
Pics will have to wait a bit buddy.
I have a soft spot for this green monster! Please do post more pics when you're back in Bangalore. Manufacturer images are ok, nothing beats pictures from somebody who has an emotional bond with the motorcycle.

PS: If not for the Ninja, and if this was 2013, with Triumph Dealerships all over the country, Street Triple or Daytona 675?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
With Kawasaki, Ninja, Bangalore and Dehradoon all in one post there was no way i could have stayed away from this one.
Did you for a moment wonder if you'd made that post half asleep sometime?
Old 13th September 2012, 23:52   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
the price diff between here and Doon (road tax) did make me cry a lot though :P
Is your Ninja here too? We should surely plan a ride sometime.
My Ninja is on its way to Bangalore. Will surely plan a ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajanvr View Post
The first ownership experience , great and well put. Thank you. I have also booked my ninja at pro biking Bangalore.
Thanks and congrats for the booking. Hope to see you on the bike soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslayer View Post
I have a soft spot for this green monster! Please do post more pics when you're back in Bangalore.
PS: If not for the Ninja, and if this was 2013, with Triumph Dealerships all over the country, Street Triple or Daytona 675?
D
I am in Bangalore, the bike isn't as yet. She's on her way. Will post some detailed pics once she reaches.
2013 + No Ninja + same budget = Street Triple
2013 + Sell one kidney + awesome roads and traffic in India = Daytona
2013 + Sell one kidney + practicality = Speed Triple
Old 13th September 2012, 23:55   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslayer

Did you for a moment wonder if you'd made that post half asleep sometime?
Lol had it not been a 650 I would have thought I was in the matrix or needed a detox

Quote:
Originally Posted by narula123
My Ninja is on its way to Bangalore. Will surely plan a ride .
Awesome, look forward to it

Last edited by sammyboy : 13th September 2012 at 23:59.
Old 14th September 2012, 09:37   #36
BHPian

Congratulations on a wonderful motorcycle. Wishing you hours of fun biking! Ride Safe!!
Old 15th September 2012, 07:27   #37
BHPian

Super stuff brother! You are living a reality many of us are forbidden to dream. By the way I am also from Dehradun, the place of worship would be Shiv Mandir, right??
Old 15th September 2012, 13:31   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats in advance and thanks. I am waiting for the brakes to bed in and then will take a call whether to go in for EBC pads or Galfer lines.
You can get the frame sliders from Performance Racing Store in Mumbai. They have R&G in stock which are supposed to be the best and they ship across the country. the R&G cost 9500 bucks. My tank pad is also from them but I got my Xena Disc Brake Alarm lock off ebay. .
Got my Ninja 650 on the 13th Sep form KTM Pune. Rode it to Mumbai the next day. I had to take care of Octroi formalities and then now in process of getting the registration done in Mumbai. The ride to Mumbai was a blast. I have a RE Vardenchi customised CL 500 and that is a joy to easy ride, but this was something else. Its "power on tap". Overtaking is a breeze, braking was satisfactory, overall a very relaxed and comfortable ride. Even in the rains near Lonavala never did I once feel the bike not planted.

Waiting for the registartion process to get over with today then plan some long rides to break in the bike.

Will check out Performance racing for some add ons.
Biggest grouse...people telling you "light chalu hai"

Safe rides.
Old 15th September 2012, 13:40   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slackyboy View Post
Congratulations on a wonderful motorcycle. Wishing you hours of fun biking! Ride Safe!!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Super stuff brother! You are living a reality many of us are forbidden to dream. By the way I am also from Dehradun, the place of worship would be Shiv Mandir, right??
Thanks for the wishes. And no the temple is the Pahadi Devi temple located on the outskirts of the town (near the tunnel before you enter doon).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Zappa View Post
Got my Ninja 650 on the 13th Sep form KTM Pune. Will check out Performance racing for some add ons.Biggest grouse...people telling you "light chalu hai"
Congrats once more. Wait till the "light chalu hai" gets over-run by "Kahan se modify karvaya".
P.S - Your signature caught my eye. Now I need to meet you for sure next time i am in Mumbai.
Old 15th September 2012, 13:49   #40
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats once more. Wait till the "light chalu hai" gets over-run by "Kahan se modify karvaya".
P.S - Your signature caught my eye. Now I need to meet you for sure next time i am in Mumbai.
Look forward to meeting you, do give me a shout when in Mumbai

Chetan 9821479246.

Safe rides
Frank Zappa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2012, 20:41   #41
Senior - BHPian

One thing I wanted to inquire was about the water wading capabilities of the Ninja 650R. As the under belly exhaust is quite low slung (like the KTM Duke 200), can it also wade through water like the KTM (test video of Bajaj shows the KTM and 200NS wading successfully through 16.5" of water)?
Old 17th September 2012, 10:16   #42
BHPian

Very many congratulations narula123 .
It looks great in green and im sure it rides even better .

And now i cant wait to come back to doon to see her in person .
Wishing you safe and fun riding
Old 17th September 2012, 23:19   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
One thing I wanted to inquire was about the water wading capabilities of the Ninja 650R.?
I am not the right guy to answer this due to a variety of reasons. My bike is still fairly new and I dont intend to take it offroading anytime soon. But a lot of owners have been using their 2011 model 650s for hardcore touring including Leh and the bikes have performed incredibly well. For specifics about water wading it would be better answered by one such owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Very many congratulations narula123 .
And now i cant wait to come back to doon to see her in person .
Thanks and Oops because she is already on her way to Bangalore.
Old 18th September 2012, 11:09   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
One thing I wanted to inquire was about the water wading capabilities of the Ninja 650R. As the under belly exhaust is quite low slung (like the KTM Duke 200), can it also wade through water like the KTM (test video of Bajaj shows the KTM and 200NS wading successfully through 16.5" of water)?
If the Pulsar can, I think the Ninja 650 can do this as well. Though for a final word, some user amongst us Bhpians can answer better.

In recent times and with more tech, Motorcycles have evolved. Under belly exhaust aids mass centralization ( the biggest & most acknowledged benefit over regular exhaust), looks cool and neat (as far as design goes). Under seat & side exhausts are a thing of past. Most modern Motorcycles use this. Noteworthy ones being the Ducati Panigale, Honda CBR 1000RR Fireblade, the current N-650 (relevant here), the KTM range including their flag ship RC8.

Quote:
I am not the right guy to answer this due to a variety of reasons. My bike is still fairly new and I dont intend to take it offroading anytime soon. But a lot of owners have been using their 2011 model 650s for hardcore touring including Leh and the bikes have performed incredibly well. For specifics about water wading it would be better answered by one such owner.

Congratulations This one all rounder you can't beat. India or abroad. I am waiting for you to post pictures of you riding it to so many scenic places in Kerala in this monsoon. All the best. Wishing you miles of togetherness.
Old 18th September 2012, 19:23   #45
BHPian

Anybody knows any dealership who is giving TD for N650? I am in search of a TD. I enquired probiking showrooms at trivandrum and Calicut. Both of them dont have TD vehicle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks